LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Fishing Tackle discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clips, yes or no ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 11:08am
Nice barra there Lofty, Ive had a few clips open as well, but still landed the fish, it happens/
Id say you probably did close it properly. Its not uncommon for clips to open.
Atheism is a non prophet organisation
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 11:58am
Fished a lot of clips in Brazil (since we were fishing wire on everything - the one time I couldnt be bothered tying on wire I lost one of Nicho's creations first cast...)
Caught some quite large fish on them and had a few bent/open while landing a fish but didn't lose any directly to clip failure. Actually had more issues with the trace wire in the premade rigs... Wont buy/trust those again...
hooknose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 1:06pm
Good quality egg snaps for me for general lure casting, have had a bill norman clip half undo itself on a flathead(didn't lose the fish) so wont use them again. I find the hawaian clips a bit more cumbersome to use but they appear to be bulletproof, just not as easy to use as the egg snaps
Steve R.
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
flyonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flyonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 7:22pm
Speed clips for me because I can put them on and take them off in complete darkness with ease and never lost a fish on one...yet. For cod fly fishing I use the egg snaps (mostly) or high quality round snaps but have been using one of those snaps that Nicho linked to for a while. Tried some W snaps, but because I only catch huge fish (yeah right LOL), they kept pulling the ends closer together so they were easy to open.

I've taken to running a small piece of silicon tubing over the snap when I remember to stop them opening up when they're not supposed to Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic