Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Collector Sets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Collector Sets
    Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 9:58pm
Just posted off a couple of my Collector sets.  I've done 5 sets, this year, so I thought I would post some pics.

Travers

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 10:10pm
SWEET travis there hotties buddy nice hats too......WinkWinkWinkWinkLOLLOLLOLLOL
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 11:00pm
Good Ones Travis, ...ClapClapClapClapI like em, it's a wonder Boothy hasn't been onto you for the red and black set..LOLLOLLOL...Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

Timber King Lures View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber King Lures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 5:54am
Very nice Travis..To be honest i cant say which colour scheme i like more.Love them all,well done Clap
Stephen Booth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Booth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 5:40pm
Maybe... maybe I have!

Travers was nice enough to paint me up a set and shoot it off and it now sits in the collection as the only one with a hat and certificate and notes. Just have to find a way to get one of each of the Kaditchas in red and black nowEvil Smile.

Too many new good lures - not enough money.

Travers lures are very nice indeed and as a set... just magic!Clap
Painted sticks with hooks sure, but they are oh soooo nice!
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 8:01pm
Travers- Beautiful things, I reckon the smallest one would be nice tease for a bully Bream.
Pete
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 7:31pm
Another 4 Collector sets headed off to various parts of the country this week.

I love the 'grasshopper' colour (firetiger?) and I love any purple lure, so to get 2 orders for the grasshopper colour and 2 orders for purple was a bit freaky.

For all of the cap-aholics, you may notice a subtle change on the caps - Handcrafted has been changed to Hand Carved.  The fish, by the way, is a bass -  looks like a tailor!  The bass embroidery on my shirts looks like a bass, but for some reason, it comes out a bit stretched on the cap. Must get that fixed.

Travers
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 8:00pm
You Do amazing work Travers I like all colours they
are absolutely great......ClapClapClapClap...SmileSmileSmile...Pete.

Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 6:26pm
The first Collector Set for 2011 and it's Purple!  No doubt that you Queenslanders love Purple.

When I lived in Tenterfield, I went across to the John Franklin Fishing Classic, at Hinze Dam. I knew a few of the blokes competing and, when they saw me pull up, they rushed over to buy some lures. The first question was "Got any purple lures?". When I said "No", they just walked away!  From that point on, I made sure that I had plenty of purple lures in the box.Big smile

Looks like the 3 purple sets all went to Queenslanders and the 3 'Grasshopper' (Firetiger) sets went to New South Welshmen.  I love both of those colours, but it's the gold and white set, of Wazza's, that I find to be the most striking. 

Travers
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 6:49pm
Nice sets as usual Travers,
I see you learnt the 2nd lesson of QLD bassin' ALWAYS have a selection of PURPLE lures in the box. I don;t know why, but purple or electric blue seems to work in every impoundment that is stocked with bass, even in soft plastics.

And I am extremely lucky that my cheese loves purple, so any lure in that colour is welcomed with more enthusiasm in the collection Wink

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 7:05pm
As usual mate awesome work ClapClapClapClap
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 7:28pm

sweet powlley as allways mate top shelf lure making at its best bro.....REGARDS bobClapClapClapBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 6:01am
Great lures Travers. The Tennessee bass would go nuts over all those colors.
Keep your string strecthed,
VerlpnThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
Baitman
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 6:41am
Originally posted by CircleVbaits CircleVbaits wrote:

Great lures Travers. The Tennessee bass would go nuts over all those colors.
Keep your string strecthed,
VerlpnThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

Verlon, what's this "keep your string stretched" business?  I haven't had to do that since leaving boarding school LOLLOLLOL

Tight lines

Travers
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 7:14am
Nice lures as usual Travis, Purple is one of my best sellers
as well.. keep up the good work mate....SmileSmileSmile...Pete.

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 7:23am
Travers I like the bass to keep my string strecthed!!!!!!!
Baitman
lest_55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lest_55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 3:36pm
   Travers,
                Some of us New South Welshmen like purple for the Hunter impoundments....Dont send too many northWinkWink
                                                           Cheers LES
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 10:15pm
The latest sets to find a new home.

Three more sets to carve before the year's out. Big smile

Travers
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 10:38pm
Hey Travers...you have certainly done some great work. I love your lures. cheers steiny
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 11:14pm
Hey Capt Tocal,

Looks like you got home OK.... unloaded the mulch and goodies yet !!!!

I had another one of those red/blue fillets for dinner tonight (burp) Hmmmmm food.

wadey the pig
www.reeldealfishing.com.au
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 7:54pm
Some LL's members may remember, back in January 2010, I posted a photo of my first Collector Set on L&M.  The lures were carved in 2009 and I was looking for some way to display this first set, which was carved from Australian Red Cedar, from the Railway Hotel in Armidale, which was built in 1878.
The box was a pain to stain and I struggled to come up with a method of securing the lures in the box.
So, no more Collector Sets were attempted in a 'boxed' presentation. This Collector Set sat in my cupboard until a few months ago, when I found some very narrow gauge screws and some cork .  The pressure was on, because I wanted to present it to my son, Ben, for his 30th birthday, which was last Wednesday.

This is the finished product - Ben was pretty happy!Big smile.  He was even happier when I presented him with the very first pair of Kaditchas (#1), carved in 2009.

I put a note on the back of the box, before covering it with felt.

Cheers

Travers

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 8:00pm
Hey Travers...that it an awesome set....a lot of sentimental value there also. cheers mate...well done!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 8:10pm
Special lures are those with the sentiment attached - your son will treasure those for ever. Martin
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
kris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 8:17pm
Very special sets there Travers!
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 11:43pm
Fantastic lure set Travers, great gesture to your son.
I know how he feels, I remember my dad giving me
my first shotgun and fishing rod. I still have guns and lures that he gave me
when I was about 12 years old.
I'm sure he will treasure them forever.
The best to Y'all,
Verlon
Baitman
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 8:23pm
I managed to get 5 Collector Sets out of the Cave, last December/January.

Another one made in March for a really good mate. This set is the first to include the new Mack Attack 5" lure.

And the latest Set, still looking for a new home.

Cheers

Travers
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 9:26pm
Hey Powelly...what colour is the dark pink set with white belly in the latest set completed?
cheers steiny
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by steiny steiny wrote:

Hey Powelly...what colour is the dark pink set with white belly in the latest set completed?
Darren, I'm not sure that I should get into this 'discussion' again!  Check out this post and you'll see what I mean.  It will also answer your question (Pearl white and Burgundy).

Cheers

Travers
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 10:10pm
Oh yes....now I remember. Nice 'Burgandy' colour that!
cheers steiny
manny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 10:52pm
Looks like Queenslander Queenslander colours. Travers will you make me a Maroon/ White belly/Yellow stripe set if Qld beat the Blues again and make it 7(SEVEN) in a row. I want you to write 'QUEENSLANDER' on them also.
All jokes aside. Beautiful Lures Travers. ClapClapClap

Manny
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 11:18pm
Very nice Travers.

Cheers tony
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 8:57pm
I will definitely be getting one of your sets mate
So many lures, so low on cash...Cry 
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 4:55pm
SOME stunners in there TP  i do dig the setsClapClapClapregards bob
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 8:27pm
Thanks, Bob.

The last Set for 2012 included both lure making kits.

Cheers

Travers
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 3:13am
THERE SWEET as eye poppin paint for an old blokeWinkLOLLOLLOLLOLstunners mateClapClapClapregards bob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic