LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Trevor McFeeters
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Confirmed Mcfeeter Lure - Yeh Haaaa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confirmed Mcfeeter Lure - Yeh Haaaa
    Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 4:14pm

Have been sitting on this lure and the true identity of it. A well know lure maker has asked on behalf of me to arrange a visit with the maker and have a chat about his lure and a couple of other of Trevors lures.  for this i am very appreciative for his help. 

I will be going to see him in a few weeks and will look forward to a chat with him in person.  While at a friends today I took my lures along to show and tell and he picked it for a Mcfeeter before i even told him the story, then we went into his lure room and food this small Mini Dart sitting in his cabinet. I was over the moon as it was the same colour pattern of the one i was unsure about.  

These look to close to be a bad hunch Big smile what do you reckon ? 

CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 10:35pm
Certainly looks like one Tony.A nice lure.
The Journey is the Reward

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 10:43pm
Tone, McFeeter was my first thought as soon as I saw the pic before evenseeing the Dart or reading the story. Something about the shading and the eyes isn't there.

Brad 
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 1:10am
paint from the same tins without a doubt,possibly even painted on the same day
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 10:30am
Originally posted by puglee62 puglee62 wrote:

paint from the same tins without a doubt,possibly even painted on the same day

I would say it was painted earlier than the Dart, his eyes have got better and so has his paint reducing. Most people who start painting lures always seem to not thin their paint enough, causing the spattering you see under the bib. Cheers Paul.
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 11:15am
Thanks Brad and Puglee for your comments. 

Paul, not being a painter I had to Google Spattering for it's meaning and now fully understand what you have said. 

Now I only have providence from the two separate people I bought these off and they have no reason to lie or any other interest in the lures.  I have done as much searching through many posts and pictures of Trevors lures I can find, and as the heading says I am just on a hunch till I get these two in the maybe makers hands very soon. 

This other one I will post below here is a well used lure and the colour has faded as it would in water and tackle box. in saying this is why the difference maybe in colour shades, I'm no paint expert but will just assume. 

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 7:27pm
I am happy to confirm that both of these lures were made by Trevor himself. 

With  the pictures you see here I printed out on Photo paper and sent them to Trevor along with a letter before my visit. 

He has now confirmed over the Phone they are his and now remembers only making about 6 of each colour.  So when I go and visit I may try and get them signed but sadly Trevor has had a stroke and is learning and trying very hard to write with his Right hand now days. 

I treasure the conversations I have with him and the jokes that go along with it. 

And with my passion of collecting his lures will give credit to a true Lure craft man  which he deserves ! Thumbs Up

Cheers and regards one happy camper ! Big smile
oog663 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Oogs Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oog663 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 7:47pm
Tony, You've got to be lucky occasionally - and that is a top lure Clap

Regards Steve
pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 7:57pm
Tony what is the skinny shallow diver lure called, is that what you are calling the mini Dart, if so I have a Mini dart still in packet and it looks nothing like those, it is identical to the large dart only smaller..Nev
A lure without hooks is a Keyring.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by pop pop wrote:

Tony what is the skinny shallow diver lure called, is that what you are calling the mini Dart, if so I have a Mini dart still in packet and it looks nothing like those, it is identical to the large dart only smaller..Nev

Hi Nev,

The skinny yellow lure has no name, Trevor only made a few of them to try and was a proto type. 

If you look at the first pictures I posted of the two Yellow/Black lures.    The one with the writing on it is the MINI- Dart  the one above it was the Proto lure. 

Does that clear things up ?   If not I will give you more detail. 

P.S.  Nev If you don't realy collect Mcfeeter lures and want to Trade sell the one ina packet I would love to speak to you Big smile

If I can be of any more assistance P.M me please and I will give you a call on the land line. 

Cheers Tony 
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by oog663 oog663 wrote:

Tony, You've got to be lucky occasionally - and that is a top lure Clap

Regards Steve

Thanks steve Thumbs Up
keith2372 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith2372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 8:21am
Just looking through some old post and seen this one. The lures name is "Sire". I've got one but nowhere as good nic as yours Tony.
I took the hooks off mine, when I got my first bait caster. I use to throw it at a steel bucket to practice casting.
Only if we new then what we know now!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by keith2372 keith2372 wrote:

Just looking through some old post and seen this one. The lures name is "Sire". I've got one but nowhere as good nic as yours Tony.
I took the hooks off mine, when I got my first bait caster. I use to throw it at a steel bucket to practice casting.
Only if we new then what we know now!

Hi Keith, wow this is an old post alright, happy to have added a couple more of Trevor's lures to my addiction since this was posted.

The journey has been and still is rewarding for me.

Thanks for pointing out the name "Sire "   but you have to be sorry you threw yours at a bucket now.

Regards Tony
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic