LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > D.I.Y Moulded Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom lures cast in aluminium mold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Custom Lure Factory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom lures cast in aluminium mold
    Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 10:07am

Hi Guys,

I'm new on the forum and I'd like to share with you my way of making custom lures.
I use my CNC machine to make aluminium molds, my lures are made of very hard urethane foam.

I use through wire construction that gives best possible strenght. I make all sort of lures, smallest are tiny 15mm plugs - those give chance to catch even non predatory fish. This model is made in 4 sizes: 15mm, 20mm, 25mm and 35mm and used to fish with light and ultralight spinning - which is deadly method for most of the species, certainly you wouldn't get bored fishing this style as that usually gives far more bites... With those lures I use polycarbonated lips cut on CNC. Next time I'll show some pictures with ready cut Polycarbonated - lips. Please subscribe to my Youtube channell I will be posting some more videos. My website should be online soon.

Here're some more pictures with some of my lures and foiled-airbrushed lures, smallest on pics are 15mm and biggest banana shape 50mm to compare.

Please subscribe and leave comment.

Regards

Custom Lure Factory
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 10:13am
Wow! That's awesome!
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 10:43am
those are very good molds theres very little flashing when the lures come out.love your lures too they are very realistic
the_fishin_technicia View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_fishin_technicia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 10:51am
How much $ for a mold ? :)
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 11:34am
Interesting lures, from the vision I take it you make the lure in halves as there are no pour and vent channels in the molds, and can I ask if you considered moulding the bib into the lure while pouring.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

feralbass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feralbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 2:07pm
Can I buy some blanks from you, cheers, John.
Work hard, party hard
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 2:18pm
If your ever interested in making a copy of my moulds for me in aluminium please send me a pm
If not ill just stick to the RTV

So thanks for showing me your CNC set up they are very cool alright I wish I new how to use one or could afford one

I like your shapes of the lures they look very cool

Cheers Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
Custom Lure Factory View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Custom Lure Factory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Darby Darby wrote:

Interesting lures, from the vision I take it you make the lure in halves as there are no pour and vent channels in the molds, and can I ask if you considered moulding the bib into the lure while pouring.

Brad

Hi Brad,
It's two piece mold but lures come out as one piece so no need to glue or stick halfs together, there's already weight in them when I pour so no need to drill etc after. Moulding the bib into the lure would make it difficult to get them out from the mold, but I have another way of cutting slots in lures after being cast exactly same angle and depth and I use my bandsaw to do that.
I'll take some photos sometimes to visualise it.
Thanks for your comment
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Custom Lure Factory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 6:16pm
hi John,
yes, no problem. Would you like them with ready cut slots for lips or you'd cut them yourself.
Let me know how many and which ones you'd like.
Thanks
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Custom Lure Factory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by the_fishin_technicia the_fishin_technicia wrote:

How much $ for a mold ? :)

Sent PM to you.
Thanks
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Custom Lure Factory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by finnsurance finnsurance wrote:

If your ever interested in making a copy of my moulds for me in aluminium please send me a pm
If not ill just stick to the RTV

So thanks for showing me your CNC set up they are very cool alright I wish I new how to use one or could afford one

I like your shapes of the lures they look very cool

Cheers Rick

Hi Rick, sent PM to you.
thanks
feralbass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feralbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 7:39pm
Personal email sent, cheers, John.
Work hard, party hard
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 8:19pm
How cool is that CNC? what great moulds it makes.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 10:04pm
Now BE careful boys.  ??????????????????????
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Big-Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 10:16pm
mould looks good 
Big-Pete
Ganesy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 10:52pm
That is awesome, great job
Ganesy
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Custom Lure Factory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 8:14am
Foiled lures waiting to be airbrushed:

Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 10:19am
wow great work, food for thought!
Atheism is a non prophet organisation
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 4:45pm
Looking goodThumbs Up
Martin-

Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Custom Lure Factory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 11:13am
Menaged to paint them

Acke79 View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acke79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 2:58am

Hello!

I have a 9.5" and a 7" shad model that I need a mold made for. I'm thinking single cavity molds and I have the cad-files ready to go. Roughly, how much do you charge per mold?

Cheers!

Bcav311 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bcav311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 8:19am
Do you still make custom molds for people"
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Custom Lure Factory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 5:21am
Originally posted by Acke79 Acke79 wrote:

Hello!

I have a 9.5" and a 7" shad model that I need a mold made for. I'm thinking single cavity molds and I have the cad-files ready to go. Roughly, how much do you charge per mold?

Cheers!

Hi, private message sent to you.
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Custom Lure Factory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 5:23am
Hi Bcav311
yes, if you want mold to be designed and made please contact on : customlurefactory@yahoo.co.uk
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Custom Lure Factory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 8:25am
More molds cut recently, new jerkbaits 100mm, 70mm and 50mm action similar to Salmo Slider.

See more on my Facebook page and subscribe.
Regards
Custom lure factory.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 6:42pm
Looking very interesting.
Martin-

Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Custom Lure Factory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 10:27am
New video - enjoy and follow me on Facebook

Custom Lure Factory

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 7:27pm
Thumbs Up very interesting video - cool
Martin-

Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Custom Lure Factory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 4:28pm
New Crankbait on the way...
30mm diver

Will also be available in diferent sizes as blanks and foiled-airbrushed.
Follow me on Facebook.
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:10pm
Custom,

Do you still do the aluminium molds ?

Steve
Canterberry View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canterberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 11:18am
Please let me know how I can get a mold for a small crankbait that has the spot for lip with no lip. Thank you
Canterberry View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canterberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 9:58am
How can I get molds?
senkosam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senkosam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 12:09am
Fantastic quality! If shipping wasn't so expensive to the states, I'd buy some molds or lures from you...as if I don't own enough already.LOL
petru_horia View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petru_horia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 9:49pm
interested in the moulds 
ca you give me a price of moulds?
Rusty1 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 9:40am
Hi can you please contact me as i am very interested in getting some molds made . Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic