LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Mencho
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cute and old

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cute and old
    Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 7:57am
I found this in a Trevor McF shed a while back and thought I'd show. How old is it? It's only 2 1/2" long.
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 8:13am
Very nice lil lure.
Thanks for sharing Debbie
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 1:54pm
Very similar colour pattern, but looks like different eyes, bib holes and stripes..?? any chance a different view Debbie??

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Kadaitcha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kadaitcha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 4:17pm
 Can ya flip it over for us Debbie?
Do you have a maker? Looks like something out of a Barlow stable!
     Cheers Les
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 7:23pm
Les not a Barlow as it has Mencho written underneath. No goannas though. Could Darcy please age this cutey.
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 8:44pm
It's sweet! So is that rainbow on the other 'MENCHO' Clap 
Do you swim it??? Darcy would love to see photos of fish too.

DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 9:40am
The other lure is a Mencho's Goanna just to compare size. That little red lure could have been one of the first Menchos. We'll see what Darcy's memory is like, when he visited Tenterfield?  Debbie D.
darcymenchin View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Mencho Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcymenchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 9:33pm
Hi all .
The lure in question is fairly old probably over 18 years it is a wonder that it is still in good condition,here is another pic of a few oldies that I first made .the bottom left pink one is from around the same time as the one Debbie has (even though it looks orange in pic)some of the others have been changed over the years by changing the bibs with lexan and towing staples when I discovered that you could buy them most of the first lures were sealed with araldite applied with finger to a smooth finish,...Thank you Darcy.

handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 8:00am
Mind you when I found it the little lure had a covering of sanders dust that made it look twice as big as it was. Obviously protected the red paint because it still is bright for 18year old. I love the history and I'll treasure it Darcy thankyou.     Debbie Dare.
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 9:07pm
Darcy, Is that bottom right one, the same as my orange/yellow Shrimp???
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
darcymenchin View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Mencho Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcymenchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 10:22pm
Hi Mal.
it could be but probably not as the one you have is a Fnuck and the blue purple one is and early deceptive shrimp.
Regards Darcy.

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 7:16am
GREAT bass lures indeedyClapClapClapregards bob
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 4:29pm
I had this up for ID before, but it has a lot of similarities to that bottom left pink lure in Darcy's group photo - Darcy?

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic