Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Damper Divers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Damper Diver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damper Diver
    Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 3:08pm
Built by Ron Cockbain in beautiful Coffs Harbour.
Sorry cant give a time frame.

CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 8:38pm
Ron has lived in Innisfail now for quite a while.I will try to track him down.He was one of the first people I know that fished for cod west of Coff's particularly in the Little Nimboida.Regards Barry
The Journey is the Reward

Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 9:26pm
Barry
I fish with a couple of old mates of his...
Some extra info would be good.
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 6:28am
I will work on getting an interview with Ron
The Journey is the Reward

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 9:50pm
I just had a chat with Barry

Barry has interviewed Ron today  - after Ron has reviewed the content to verify it's accuracy an article covering the interview will be posted on LureLovers.com here in the Damper Divers Lures forum.
Clap

Sorry to tell you Laurie but the Damper Divers section has now been moved to the QLD Lures section - Ron has lived in QLD and made the lures here for the past 25 years (Ron did make some lures whilst in Coffs Harbour though) - More info to come on that in the upcoming article.
Wink

Whilst visiting Ron, Barry took photos of some extremely interesting lures made by Ron, watch this space as I'm sure you'll find them well worth a look. There's some incredible eye candy to see! There's also loads of valuable information from the interview covering the history of Ron's lure making, along with information usefull in dating the lures.

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Barrajack87 View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barrajack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 3:36pm

I live across the road from ron and being an electrician helped him out from time to time.

Instead of money i got lures =) and the damper diver in the white/pink dots is one of the most lethal lures for queenfish i have ever seen... they go stupid for them when the sards are in the river!
Also the red ones slay the jacks in the fresh water... i have maybe 2 or 3 left out of perhaps 20 =(
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Barrajack87 Barrajack87 wrote:

I live across the road from ron and being an electrician helped him out from time to time.

Instead of money i got lures =) and the damper diver in the white/pink dots is one of the most lethal lures for queenfish i have ever seen... they go stupid for them when the sards are in the river!
Also the red ones slay the jacks in the fresh water... i have maybe 2 or 3 left out of perhaps 20 =(

Gday Ben,

Welcome to LureLovers! Smile

Lucky you! I reckon getting paid in Ron's lures would have been better than cash Thumbs Up Although the fact you have 2 or 3 left out of 20 shows the fish obviously like them a lot too!  LOL

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic