LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Fly Fishing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

damsel flys patterns for Bass?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: damsel flys patterns for Bass?
    Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 11:49am
well it was a stinky hot afternoon yesterday and I had a couple of hours to spare so I headed out to the Brissie river with an old alvey on my Dads old bream rod and a loaf of bread to try and catch a few bream.So,long story short I had a good session and caught 10 Bream and two forkies not to mention some idiots Dog ,anyhow whilst I was there I couldn't help noticing Bream ,Bass And even Mullet(yes Mullet!)smashing blue Damsel flys as they cruised around just above the surface of the water,i sure wish I'd taken the 4wt.
I'm thinking of tying some Damsel imitations and of course some Damsel nymphs ,does anyone on here know any good patterns?
that's no how ye make porridge!
Krisco82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krisco82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 8:36pm
I was fishing last weekend also in the Brisbane river. Watched a fella hook up a nice bass on fly . Also on the walk back there was another couple of fellas fly fishing downstream from mt Crosby weir.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 11:11pm
SEEN some tyed with 30lb mono for wings chris looped in oval shape hope this helps a bit broBig smileBig smileregards bob
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 6:37am
Chris

here you go mate found these using google mate

https://www.google.com.au/#q=damsel+fly+imitations
Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Krisco82 Krisco82 wrote:

I was fishing last weekend also in the Brisbane river. Watched a fella hook up a nice bass on fly . Also on the walk back there was another couple of fellas fly fishing downstream from mt Crosby weir.
g'day Kris,theres a ton of garfish around at the moment too ,good fun on a small flyrod
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 11:34am
Originally posted by bassnbob bassnbob wrote:

SEEN some tyed with 30lb mono for wings chris looped in oval shape hope this helps a bit broBig smileBig smileregards bob
it does Bob,i hadn't considered mono for wings but it'd do the trick,the looped mono wouldn't catch the wind when casting which would be good
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 11:44am
Originally posted by bullrout22 bullrout22 wrote:

Chris

here you go mate found these using google mate

https://www.google.com.au/#q=damsel+fly+imitations
some beauties there Dave,i found one on there with a deerhair tail and parachute hackle that'd be a killer I recon   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic