LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daniel Terry Lures - Weipa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daniel Terry Lures - Weipa
    Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 4:41pm
Hey fellas, just thought I would share a 65mm version of my Barra lure I've just completed. I hope to chase some bass, trout and flathead with a mate when I head home to northern NSW (Clarence river) in a couple of weeks.
The last picture is a little stick bait thing a mate wants to try and throw with a saltwater fly rod
Thanks for looking.

Dan

Dan
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 4:48pm
Awesome Dan. They will get eaten without a doubt. Great work on the nose tow. Can be harder to get right I reckon. Really like the colours. Did you make your bibs? Thanks for posting them up.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 5:07pm
Cheers Danny. There probably built a bit overtop as I used the same gear (twisted wires, bib pins) as I use for my other lures. I didn't make the bibs, but I cut down and modified some bibs I have, but don't use, to make them fit the smaller bodies.
The green/pink ones I just added a drop or a couple of drops of colour to a pearl white and I think it has a suttle but nice effect.
The perchy colour was at a mates request and I think the white bait coloured stick bait might be in trouble if a queenies or long tail tuna gets hold of it. Hopefully it stays together long enough to get a photo.
Dan
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 5:49pm
ClapClapClapvery well doneClapClapClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 6:51pm
agreed - nice looking lures ( especially the green !!! ) lol 
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 7:44pm
You have got to be happy with that.......
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 1:41am
Originally posted by Danny Danny wrote:

Cheers Danny. There probably built a bit overtop as I used the same gear (twisted wires, bib pins) as I use for my other lures. I didn't make the bibs, but I cut down and modified some bibs I have, but don't use, to make them fit the smaller bodies.
The green/pink ones I just added a drop or a couple of drops of colour to a pearl white and I think it has a suttle but nice effect.
The perchy colour was at a mates request and I think the white bait coloured stick bait might be in trouble if a queenies or long tail tuna gets hold of it. Hopefully it stays together long enough to get a photo.

Excellent. I think if you've cut down existing bibs then it's no different to cutting them out of a polycarbonate sheet so I reckon you could say you've most definitely made the bibs yourself. Awesome. Agree about subtleties. Less is more sometimes - really like the effect you have with the green/pink and pearl. Looking forward to seeing some more.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 7:01am
nice batch of lures there Thumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 11:21pm
So...... I didn't get a chance to fish these little fellas when I travelled home so I left them with my friend to take on his next bass/trout trip, but I also kept a couple and while away this weekend I gave them a swim after spotting a super small barra hanging around some timber in the shallows. After 9 barra in 10 casts ranging from 21-32cm I was amazed at how many little fellas were hiding on the one stick. To say I was hugely entertained was an understatement. My friend who started out rolling his eyes at me even had a few casts and he started giggling like a girl. Good times.
Dan
Dan
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 11:40pm
Nice looking lures dan and lovely little barra. Well done. Regards Chris 
All my braids gone!
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 10:13am
Cheers Chris. Not what they were made to catch but it was fun mucking around with those little fish.
Dan
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 5:23pm
ClapStill lots of fun though Clap I am still amazed how barra, and jacks, can conceal themselves in the bare minimum of cover.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 4:09pm

Dan
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 4:24pm
A few catches from earlier in the year

Dan
Dan
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 4:43pm
Nice array of species there Danny. Well done mate.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Zads42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zads42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 6:41pm
Nice lures Dan. You gotta love the hit from the Barra no matter what size they are
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 6:39pm
Cheers fellas. I like the picture of the jack. You can see how much he wanted it from the gouge the treble left in his cheek.
Dan
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 3:37pm
The triple tail like the little lures too.
Dan
TimmO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimmO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 6:41pm
Great pics. Thanks for sharing
codyak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 7:18pm
Nice fish mate
Werriscreekwonda View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 7:42pm
Great to see tripletail on them. Good work.
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:31pm
Wicked mate.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 9:13pm
There a pretty cool fish hey. Strange, and grumpy looking but cool.
Dan
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 5:18pm
Hey fellas. 
Here’s a 115mm surface lure that I’ll try catch some fish on. Been a bit slack this year as Ive started making custom fishing rods for myself and friends. Turns out that’s just as addictive and time consuming as making lures. 
Cheers for looking. 

Dan
HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 8:01pm
Great work Danny, thanks for sharing! Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic