Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Strike Zone
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

darbs collections Strike Zone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: darbs collections Strike Zone
    Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 12:51pm
a bunch of Strike Zone lures including some rare blanks and copies that never went ahead.
also here are some reflectas which Strike Zone bought out and the Castaway lures copy of Deceptions

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 5:35pm

Darbs

Lucky you know some of the back ground history on these lure makers a  lot of us would not know those details.
 Thanks for sharing,
Refering to three lure makers names you mentioned are they all still producing lures,

Regards John
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 6:56pm
John, Strike Zone Tackle is no longer running, The last owners closed up shop about mid last year.
Unfortunately the later owners weren't able to succeed as well as Paul Dolan or Mike Palfermann, the original and second owners respectively.
Whilst they are all moulded poly foam, the fact that they hark back 15 years or so, they will become more collectible as time goes by. Of course they also do really well on their intended purpose...catching fish LOL

Actually some of the models are quite unique such as the Cicada which have a coice of multiple tow points to allow various depth ratings. The models like the Psycho's and Assassins also have a 1 peice internal wire which makes them tough as, I recall a picture sent back by a guy who took some to New Guinea chasing Black Bass, the ic showed a massive Lutjanid with a severely gnawed lure in it gob. The fish had bitten the lure in half, but because the trebles were still connected to the tow, the fish was landed. That speaks volumes for the design. A real shame they have stopped.

Darbs

ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 7:34pm
Took my misus to a tackle store today so she can stuff my Christmas stocking with a few lures and hey presto there was one lonely Strike Zone lure on the wall. Quite dated by the state of the plastic blister pack. Was a small diving lure of about 50mm long. Should have grabbed it.
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 9:23pm
Paul, that would be a Critter Small by the sounds (purple & pink ones in the middle of pic), a top Bream lure, it held the ABT weight Record for a hard body from a comp in WA for about 8 months from memory, was quite funny seeing all the tyro breamers hunting the shops for them straight after...bit like the original Bathurst 1000's...win on Sunday, sell on Monday 

LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 9:36pm
Darby is that a Goblin surface lure I see in there? Is it painted white? Or is it a "blank"? I've got one but it is lovely green like a frog.
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 10:21pm
Paul, the winged one bottom right centre.... it's a flop of the Jaysea Gremlin, made after Warren Nicholson sold Jaysea. The new owners didn't do the Gremlin, just the Patriots from memory.
I am not sure the Strike Zone version ever left the 'maybe' stage, I know I never saw one in the shops.

Pilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 9:33am
I have caught a heap of Yellowbelly and Bass on those Critters at Lake Samsonvale over the years. It's a real shame they are no longer made,UnhappyUnhappy hopefully somebody might buy the moulds and bring them back out one day Wink

Cheers
Adrian
Toga Fever
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 10:15am
Adrian, With the right money and attitude to marketing, they wouldn't be hard to restart. The actual process is easy and the room required would be single garage sized. The biggest hurdle would be re-establishing the Brand after all the hiccups it has endured. I know like yourself there are many guys who love the Critter Large for Bass in SEQ dams.

Darbs

LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 10:35am
Goblin/Gremlin I think I've watched too many movies with the grand kids. They are simultaneously strange, almost bat like but brilliant lures. A somewhat fresh take on our beloved surface crawlers.
damianjhon View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damianjhon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 8:53pm
brad damo here checking out your lures any chance you still have the cicadas and want to sell one reg damo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic