Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > Vic Lures > Wonder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

darbs collections Wonder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: darbs collections Wonder
    Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 8:54pm
by John Nowack (snr) his son Peter took over the business. Many of the older shapes like the wobbler and Toby were re-released by John Nowack Jnr under the Laser Lure brand back in the 90's.
Note the Super Duper on Wonder card, the lure is marked Super Duper from the US, so I am guessing Wonder had the dist. rights at some time.

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Paul N View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 8:51pm
I think I owned most of these at one time or another. Most are stuck snagged on trees somewhere in Lake Eildon! Great collection.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 12:26pm
ARE the 2 bigger lure on the left are they the WONDER PILCHARDClapClapClapClapgreat metalClapClapClapClapTongueTongueregards bob
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 1:02pm
Gold Spoon!
Swansea Flatty Slaughterer!!!
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 9:57pm
My one and only lure-caught whiting fell to a little Wonder Wobbler...

Tony.
amdoubleu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amdoubleu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 10:48am
Great little lure the Wonder Wobbler. South Coast (NSW) bass loved 'em. Pity they weren't snagless, I'd have a grast collection otherwise.

Alan
amdoubleu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amdoubleu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 10:48am
Should read "great"!!
kayargh1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayargh1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 1:46pm
I think that the pilchards are the second and third lures in the middle row (they look beaten rather than pressed). The largest lure in length (at the top of that row) I think was called the surfrider. Regards, Ken.
rivermandave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rivermandave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 10:15pm
South Bend made the original Super Duper...but now made by Luhr Jensen...

http://www.rapala.com/Super-Duper/Super%20Duper,default,pd.html

Wonderlures were made by Acme Tackle. The company is still in business but the lure is no longer in production

http://www.acmetackle.com/

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 5:02pm
Hi Dave, There are 2 Wonder Lure brands out there, 1 in the USA (your acme ones) and the Aussie one..not sure on the dates of the US one, but Wonder Lure Aust kicked off back in the late 50's from what John Nowack Jnr told me, back when I bought stock for the shop from him during the early 90's.

John Jnr was still making heaps of Toby, Spoons and Wobblers even then, just going to show that old school lures still do the job on new school fish LOL
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic