LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Deception Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deception backing cards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deception backing cards
    Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 8:12pm
I would love to know how the earliest Deceptions were presented for sale in the tackle stores. Apart from the classic white and blue backing cards that we all know of, I've also seen the packeted versions with the folded card at the top either with the Deception logo and/or the Whitmore Shrimp text for the earlier through wire Shrimp models.

Paul if you see this I'd be really keen to know how you presented say the Series 1 Yabby. Was it still the blue and white backing cards or something older and therefore clearly much rarer?

Cheers,

Danny.

Echo Lures
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 9:08pm
Danny only 1 shop had the first series Yabby on the wall (Campbelltown Fishing Scene), your stretching my memory but I reckon they pre-dated the Deception header card. The series 2 Yabby was packaged in a clip lock bag with a header card, but remember it was only made for a short period before it morphed into the Cherax. My fishing mate owned a printing business (Colanco Printing) and made both the header cards and later the 2 different style backing cards for me.
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 7:11pm
Thanks Paul that's great info. It'd be great to see exactly what the series 1 looked like on the shelf in Campbelltown - I can't see it on the later card either, and if not in a packet like the series 2 then I wonder what it could have been? Maybe we'll never know!

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Alljo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alljo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 8:23pm
Hey dan i remember them but have no cards ,Campbelltown fishing scene had half a wall of deceptions
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic