Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Deception Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deception Lancaster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deception Lancaster
    Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 9:54pm
The Deception Lancaster was the only Deception model that went into production that was not made of timber. At 100mm, they were specifically aimed at Mangrove Jacks (refer a couple of the lures pictured below) and designed to be fished as a 'twitching' lure

Unfortunately it is a lure that is not often seen and therefore I've found it hard to get a collection going .... managed to gather the following range of colours with a couple of special timber models in the last picture. From what I understand there are at least 2 colours that I'm missing - happy to talk to anyone with them and hope you enjoy seeing these

wahootim View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahootim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 10:22pm

HI LURE-NUT,

I HAVE SEEN/AND GOT ONE OF THESE LURES ALSO, BUT THE ONES I HAVE SEEN/AND HAVE GOT HAVE BEEN MADE BY VIKING LURES AND ARE ALSO CALLED LANCASTER THEY LOOK IDENTICAL. MAYBE VIKING LURES TOOK THIS OVER AFTER DECEPTION?????? ILL TRY FIND THE ONE I HAVE AND POST A PHOTO.

CHEERS TIM
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 1:05am
When would a Mangrove Jack encounter a Rainbow trout?

Not that a lot of the other colour schemes are out to replicate fish patterns, I can certainly get ith the contrast schemes but the rainbow trout scheme seems a bit of a stretch for a mangrove jack.

Love the timber ones, expecially the nudes.  As always a stunning display of deceptions, well done Rob and thanks for sharing.

Simon
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:51pm
Guys I picked these up the other day. Wasn't 100% sure if they were Lancasters, purely because I've never handled one in the flesh and the post by Tim above added a tiny bit more doubt, however from Rob's photos in this thread I reckon I can add them to the collection and be happy that I've finally found Paul's only non-timber model Deception. Agree?

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 11:57pm
G'day Guys, a little back story! When Tacspo acquired Deception from me they only wanted the timber lures that could be made in house, I helped Alex Hickson (Viking Lures) get a start and Alex purchased the molds (made by Allan Dolen, Lively Lures) off me and continued to make them. Danny that certainly looks like my paint work and eyes to me, cheers Paul.
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 11:58am
Thanks for the history and confirmation Paul. Stoked to have these.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by simon bruce simon bruce wrote:

When would a Mangrove Jack encounter a Rainbow trout?

Not that a lot of the other colour schemes are out to replicate fish patterns, I can certainly get ith the contrast schemes but the rainbow trout scheme seems a bit of a stretch for a mangrove jack.

Love the timber ones, expecially the nudes.  As always a stunning display of deceptions, well done Rob and thanks for sharing.

Simon
Hey Simon, the upper tributaries of the Clarence River contain Rainbow Trout and the lower saltwater stretches have a good population of Jacks, we have some massive floods here so it is possible that a Jack could cross paths with a Rainbow Trout. Of course it is far more likely that I am full of shite and we included the scheme because for some reason unbeknown to me it was always one of our most popular sellers LOL
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 6:18pm
Here is another one for you to ponder, Simon.
(I think it is one of Alex's)

samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 7:15pm
Got this one, pics a bit crap sorry.

Samurai
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
RossPerth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RossPerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 7:58pm
I love that explanation of trout colours Paul
JKR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 12:11am
Since when did Jacks get fussy anyway?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic