LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > Charitable Auctions/Sales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deception prints for sale for charity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Raffey Raffey wrote:

G'day Tony.

Yes mate it will be. No Mcfeeters in there buddy I'm sorry

Cheers,

Danny.

Always a first time mate , I can send you a lure to help
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 8:11pm
Ha maybe half a dozen mint Jew-Anne examples. I'll see what I can do.

I am thinking though of doing a mixed image one day soon, purely because I've picked up so many nice old Aussie timbers during my hunt for Deceptions. I reckon a Dart, Joey, Lil' Dynamite, Callop, Wompa, Mantis and a Shrimp or models like those would look awesome all together.

I agree though - Mcfeeters would sketch well. Most old Aussie timbers should. They are very recognisable and iconic to lots of collectors.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 9:10pm
Stumpies Danny stumpies
1 through to 10 to easy
Cheers ROD
REMEMBER FOOLS RUSH IN WERE ANGELES FEAR TO TREAD
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 9:24pm
You got a #10 I can borrow Stinger?
Echo Lures
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 9:44pm
Great sketches what ever you do Danny. Awesome skill you have there. Hard to keep all those collectors happy.
whipit
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 8:58pm
Thanks Whipit, there is a world of lures to draw out there that's for sure. Such a rich supply of material.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 9:19pm
OK guys here's the new sketch. I cannot find the cable to upload photos from my DSLR, so unfortunately it's just a photo from my phone. The image on your screen isn't anywhere as clear and soft as the picture in real life but you get the idea hopefully. The prints will be much more detailed.

The image as you can see is of 3 Deceptions on my deck outside. Pictured is a Scampi, an early narrow bibbed Cherax and a through wire Shrimp (Whitmore Shrimp). All depict and pay tribute as best as I can to Paul's old lace patterns. I'm happy with how it's turned out, for this was more of a study focusing purely on the lures, as opposed to a lot of other scenery like in the first image last year. A couple of late nights and a full day today with some old school Boston rocking away in the background and suddenly it was finished.

All proceeds will be going to charity again so thankyou to anyone who takes/has taken interest.

Once again 25 prints will be made, signed by Paul and myself, and will be $60 including postage.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 9:30pm
Stunning

Simply in awe of your artistic skills - definitely want a pair of these in the same numbers as the first series

I can feel a Collection coming on

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 11:00pm
Awesome Danny. Thought the timber was an old jetty somewhere....cool sketch!

Maybe the next one could include an old tackle box or tray with the lid open, a few lures, sitting on the gravel somewhere on a dry river bed.
cheers steiny
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 11:58pm
Wow!!!! Lovely job mate, even though it is with less background then the first drawing, I like this one even more. You are a talented man for sure Thumbs Up Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh.
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 10:47pm
Thanks Rob, yes there will certainly be more. I'm thinking a Yabby themed sketch might be next.

Steiny you could be onto something there, and yes the deck outside does look like an old jetty - one of numerous things I need to demolish and build again.

Your help in signing these is much appreciated Paul. Great shapes to draw. The detail in the lace...maybe not so easy.

Cheers,

Danny
Echo Lures
Alljo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alljo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 10:00am
Not just a talented lure maker! !!!!!very nice dan.... no.24 please.
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 8:25pm
Cheers Pete,

#24 Series 2 all yours.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 8:26pm
#19 series 1 sold.

#15 series 1 & 2 sold.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
mafled View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mafled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 8:33pm
Danny, I would be wrapped if I could get one please. Outstanding work.
Darren
No the other one
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 1:13am
Hi Darren.

No problems mate thanks for your interest. Would you like the first series (I think there's 3 or 4 of them left) or the new one I've just finished?

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
mafled View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mafled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 9:22pm
Too hard to decide so I will like to get one of each. If you can send me your details I will fix you up
Darren
No the other one
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 4:38pm
Thanks Darren,

#21 in series 1 and 2 sold.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 7:35pm
One of the members here on LL has gone to a tremendous effort to locate the exact deep Skeleton Shrimp colours pictured in the series 1 sketch. He sent me these photos of the finished product the other day. I think it's come up a treat.

Cheers,

Danny.

Echo Lures
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 7:47pm
what a great idea - has come up a treat !!!
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 7:50pm
#13 in series l and ll taken thankyou.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 7:53pm
What a great idea....An awesome effort with the frame which only makes the print more special.
cheers steiny
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 4:56pm
Hi guys.

Apologies for the delay in getting these prints out. The printing place I have decided to go with looks to be of a very high standard and will be on what I think is a much nicer paper than the first sketch.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 7:44pm
Danny

all good matey just let me know when payment is required

cheers Mick
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 10:03pm
Guys thanks for your patience. I went back to the printing place again today to collect the test print and I'm extremely happy with how it's turned out. Worth looking around for the best place I think. I've ordered the rest and they'll be ready in a couple of days. Then it'll be straight off to Paul for signing and then they're done. I will contact each of you via PM once they're ready to be sent off.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 8:49pm
Lads the prints have been signed by Paul and have arrived safe and sound. Thanks Paul for the quick turn around, much appreciated. I'll contact each of you this week and arrange postage etc.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Raffey Raffey wrote:

Lads the prints have been signed by Paul and have arrived safe and sound. Thanks Paul for the quick turn around, much appreciated. I'll contact each of you this week and arrange postage etc.

Cheers,

Danny.
A pleasure Danny, can't believe you went above and beyond with these, but you did Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic