LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Fishing Destinations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DJR.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote peter am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DJR.
    Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 9:37am
Some more pics from the last trip out . These are from 1 and 2 creeks and Lousey around 65ks from KAB.
peter
peter am View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peter am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 10:07am
After using Darrens lures for two years now i recon i can say the following. I don,t give out to many raps but here goe,s. Stieny, You have put a lot of thought into your lures and yes you gave them to me to try and yes they work but thats not why im plugging them . It,s the hardware you use that makes them just that bit special. I fish in remote places and theres a lot of big and fast fish were i go , You have to stop them fast or it,s over. These lures with their strong heavy split rings and hooks thus far have not looked like giving way, A lot of lures look good but fail at these points. Well done mate and im putting your baby to bed and will send it back when i get home, The Barra Brute will make the wall.
peter
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 1:19pm
Darren has obviously learnt well with his lures. They are very well made, finished and , as you said, well thought out. A site like this with many members sharing their knowledge makes it easier to learn what to do. Darren hit the ground running with his creations.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 10:04pm
Thanks Peter for your comments about my lures!
cheers steiny
peter am View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 8:41am
Darren, That Barra went 880 so the Brute went out on a high. cheers peter.
peter
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 9:15am
That barra is very thick around the shoulders.
cheers steiny
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 10:11am
gee Steiny your getting a very good reputation mate,very nice fish fellas!
that's no how ye make porridge!
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 11:05am
Wondering what DJR and KAB and Lousey mean?

Cheers, Jim
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 11:22am
Hey Jim

DJR are my initials. I am not sure about KAB. I think Lousy must be a creek name.
cheers steiny
gimme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gimme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 12:22pm
I presume KAB stands for King Ash Bay, a small fishing village which is on the McArthur River in the NT.
Plastic is for storing lures, not making them.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 7:01pm
Yes King Ash Bay near Borrooloola. This was a great site years ago and from what I understand has got better. Gotta get back there again.
Martin-

murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 9:04pm
Thanks fellers.

Googled King Ash Bay Fishing Club. Sounds like a great destination that everyone should try to get to.

Cheers, Jim
peter am View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 11:28am
Ive been coming here for some 15 years now, My uncle since the 70s , Even lived here for a while and the place has improved a lot , Shame so has the politics but it is a small place so best advice keep to yourself where possible and you will learn fast. Locals are a tight nit bunch and don,t share to much , Cant say i blame them the fishing is great if you know where to go. To many leave here dejected saying no fish but not so , Leave the grog at camp and do your homework first and you WILL reap rewards. If any of you would like any info please pm me and i will tell what i can. Cheers peter.
peter
peter am View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 11:30am
DJR for stienys lures. kab is king ash bay and lousy is the creek i have my camp on.
peter
peter am View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 11:33am
Yes Darren , Shame were not tagging anymore just had to let her swim of. Great feeling though. Didn,t weigh her prob would have broke her back so around 7kg i would say being that thick .
peter
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 2:39pm
I envy you guys with all those fish up there------- Nice lures and like you say they had to be pretty strong to hold those fish, well done Steiny.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 4:15pm
A bloke from work hires a houseboat up there with 11 other mates, some fly up while the others tow a few boats to use as tenders. They head out to the mouth for a couple of weeks and when the weather permits make it out for the pelagics and reef fishing. He did tell me a pretty low figure, something like $300 a head plus food and fuel. He just got back yesterday and got a 106 cm barra. His missus won't let him go every year and this was his first in 3 years - but he always comes back all smiles. I think Brett is a member here but doesn't get on often.
Martin-

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 6:54pm
Pete,
good to see you using and giving feedback of peoples lures.....theres hundreds of promises out there from many makers, all sitting in cabinets.
I got nothing against collecting lures, but when they are given for free, with the intentions of testing, theres plenty out there that dont honour their end of the deal....yourself and horrorhead appear to be a rare breed....good to see.
great pics....looks like a nice area to visit.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
peter am View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peter am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 9:02am
Yes a shame , It only takes one bad apple to stuff it up, I used to let a few go for testing when i was in the game and they mostly never came back. Funny thing was all they had to do was get some pics and i would have let them keep the lures . Thanks for the plug. We all need to have them fished to see if their any good and learn . Horrorhead at $300 a night must have been Borraloola house boats , Keith and Erins i recon.  Theres been a few bigins this tear already, Im up to 44 in two trips and 1 at 112 and a couple round the 90 mark, More small one,s than iv,e seen for some years though , Poss due to no wet. Cheers peter.
peter
ringo View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 8:34pm
Nice fish Peter and nice lures Darren.  Well done to both of you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic