LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > D.I.Y Moulded Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do- it -yourself PUSHERS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do- it -yourself PUSHERS
    Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 12:12pm
Article was located Fishing World June 1989 and maybe of interest to the many talented lure makers.

Maybe somebody has already tried something similiar inthe past and has some offerings to show us.

Details follow.

Regards John

Google View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Google Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 4:57pm
Great article, it shows how ingenious fishermen are!!!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 2:45pm
I remember those film canister lures John,i might have a go at making one
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 10:29am
I was interested but it did not give me enough information  on what clear resin to buy.

Having zero knowledge on the materials and process, I  do have all the other  parts required.
I must admit the lures look good.

Maybe some else has a completed lure and can offer some additinal info.

Be interesting to see your efforts if you decide to tackle one

regards John
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 11:49am
WinkJohn you can go to spotlight and buy a twin pack of clear epoxy resin mix,theres a A part/B part and just follow the directions. the packs are around the $25.00 mark and you can make 2 heads of a decent size. regards B.J.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 4:13pm
Thanks BJ

Will check it out next trip just returned from the local spotlight store this morning. Never thought they would have the stuff . I expected to go to some type of hardware store

No special name for the stuff just clear epoxy resin mix

Thanks for the guidance     B J
trevron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 7:40pm

The Brisbane sportfishing club members were into making these pushers back in the 80's, we got quite good at it. We did it because the attrition rate with 3kg line on Wahoo off Cape Moreton and the Tweed wasn't very economical. We actually got hold of some tapered plastic test tubes which made a great needle nose hi speed troller. For the tails we used usual plastic squid skirts. Someone got hold of some offcuts of those flags that used to adorn service stations and car dealer ships. Very wahoo resistant. I think I tossed mine out, but will post phots if I find any.

Trevor

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 10:18am
Thanks Trevor for the ideas.

I have some great coloured  sheeting plastic and some type of rubber / cloth material I have saved up( at least over 10 to 12 years) to make the skirts.

A jig to cut the material I came up with an egg cutter but wires perhaps to narrow and difficult to get a straight length , any other ideas.  I found a reasonable long comb made out of wood up in the islands that may do the job , length of the teeth could be the problem.

regards John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic