LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Downunder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Downunder lures cat 1991

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Downunder lures cat 1991
    Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 3:11pm
Did not realise that these lures have been around this long.
Located Harbord Tackle 1991
Regards John
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 6:46pm
John, That was 2 years after they started making them in poly foam, the history of Downunder/Predatek is here...
http://www.predatek.com/ps1.htm
One of the best histories provided by any Aussie luremakers.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 1:24pm
Thanks Brad
dingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 1:57pm
Would love to see the corresponding 60mm colors and the Min Mins if anyone can find them in a catalog.There must of been many that were not to catalog color.  
gdm
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 4:21pm
Dingo
If you go back about half a dozen topics , you will find "My Downunders"
There  are still a few missing (let me know if you have them)
They are all in order, 2 sets of Min Mins, 60mm, 80mm.
Laurie.
dingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 5:43pm
Laurie
 I have looked many times but can't clearly see the colors on the 60mm ones to identify fully.Will have another look to see.
Grant.
gdm
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 6:33pm
Found another Harbord tackle catalogue booklet 1992 with some different colours on the MIN Min and Boomerang 60mm
The 20 colour pattern shown at base of  the ad does not appear to apply to the other two lures in their range
They were also different in the 1991 ad.
Regards John
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 8:48pm
These were great lures, the min mins on bass, the 60mm boomers on bass and yellas, the larger on yellas and cod. Had a tonne of them until my car was stolenCry back in the ninties.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
muckawa View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muckawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 11:23am
i brought some when they were wood ,didn't work ,so i added some lead under the bib
then when they came out in plastic , most wouldn't swim, there was a big promo by some rob smith BS
i brought copies, and made a few myself and had to use lead under the bib to get them to swim
todays boomerangs work better then most other lures , as fish catchers and don't have the sales because of past exacerbation of fish catching ability.once bittern twice shy

dalbykayakin View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by muckawa muckawa wrote:

i brought some when they were wood ,didn't work ,so i added some lead under the bib
then when they came out in plastic , most wouldn't swim, there was a big promo by some rob smith BS
i brought copies, and made a few myself and had to use lead under the bib to get them to swim
todays boomerangs work better then most other lures , as fish catchers and don't have the sales because of past exacerbation of fish catching ability.once bittern twice shy

If you want to send me those crappy old wooden ones i'll give you a few of the newer ones and some cash to buy more with Wink
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 9:47pm
Thanks for posting this up..very handy!
cheers steiny
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 10:04pm
I am checking through some more mags at the moment looking for specfic items ,articles and ads, for some LL members, will record anything different in colours to this thread, if located

regards John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic