LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Deep River Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DRL - Photographic Reference

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DRL - Photographic Reference
    Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 10:44am
Anthony's lures can be roughly divided into two broad time categories. Firstly, those that were made in the late 80's and early 90's, and those that were made post 2011 when Anthony recommenced production.

The fact that Anthony's lures are crafted entirely by hand to his exacting standards has meant that production numbers have been quite limited due to time constraints, making them not that easy to come by. Below I have shared some photos of the ones that I have been fortunate enough to find and hope that others may follow suite and add their own images to help develop a photographic reference of Anthony's brilliant creations for all to appreciate and enjoy.

Regards,
Col

Un-named prototype(that became the inspiration for the "Molly") and a "DT Minnow"

"Shrimp"

Three "Perch" and a "DT Minnow"

Two "Sliders" and a "Longtail" prototype

"Duck Rukus"

Large and small "Crays"

"Crays"

Boxed sets of "Crays" and "Coral Trout"

"Cannibals"

"Cod Cannibals"

"Barra Cannibals"

"The Pod"

"Coral Trout" and "Pods"

"Jack Magic" 77mm

"Jack Magic" 77mm and 88mm

"Wobby", Prawn", "Toebitter", "Slider" and "Arc Perch"

"Slim Beauties" 4", 5" and 6"
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 2:08pm
Great collection, but where's your 'Charlie Archer Fish'?
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 4:24pm
Great photos thanks for putting this together.
the fish aren't art critics
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 5:00pm
Col thanks great lures and great pictures
JOKER View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Shane Love Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 8:49pm
Nice Col real nice.....
Whatever
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 8:57pm
Duck Ruckus... *Droool*
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 9:15pm
Lovely collection
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 10:27pm
Col

I love the trouble you have gone to, I will put mine up soon to add to your thread..

Wish I had more,,, they beautiful

Cheers
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 2:22am
Some of the best lures ever made is my opinion of these lures
THE CODFATHER
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 2:28am

Here is some special Lures Barney made to me a couple off years ago. The little Trout was in a battle with a Tree. It went 2-1 as i got the Lure back, but the Tree kept some off the bib Unhappy Have to try replace it so I can catch some more Fish on it.

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 8:22am
That is a pretty special bunch of lures Col, thanks for taking the time to photograph and share them. Those crays are my fav!

Matt
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 1:32pm
Thanks Tony and Per for your additions to this reference list. I would love to see any others that people may have - the more the better.

I was fortunate enough to pick up a few new "Jack Magic" lures earlier in the year and will share them below. As with all of Anthony's lures I consider them to be works of art but was particularly taken with the Baby Jack pattern, perfect in every detail right down to the blue "Adam Ant" face stripes. What a talent!

Enjoy,
Col

Jack Magic(77mm) - Red Jack, Blue Stripey and Baby Jack.
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 3:51pm
I love Anthonys lures and some of the best made lures you will ever seeThumbs Up
THE CODFATHER
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 4:37pm
After a productive Expo weekend I can now add 3 additional Deep River models to this reference list: a sweet little 55mm "Perchette", a 12cm "Mugil Joint" and a 6cm "Rhino Bass" surface lure. All three were done in very limited numbers so I was particularly pleased to add them to my collection.

Regards,
Col

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 5:07pm
That rhino bass surface lure is cool, but how good is that for lateral thinking with the set up of the rear treble on the jointed model?ClapClapClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic