LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Soft Plastics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Early plastic FROG lure 1966

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early plastic FROG lure 1966
    Posted: 13 May 2011 at 12:26pm
Located this great looking FROG lure in an article Vic McCristal wrote for Anglers Digest some 45 years ago
May 1966.

Nice Legs if thats your go.

Someone commented previously on another thread, all the gear seems to get re invented regularly.

regards John

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 1:31pm
GOTTA dig a good old frog that ones a cracker ClapClapClapClapregards bob
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 6:30pm
WOW!!!! that looks like it could be an original Snagproof Frog. They started making them in the early 60's, so the time frame suits.

Anyone got a real one from way back then????

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

laz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 9:29pm
I have a few that are very similar i will take some photos tomorrow and post .
laz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 5:33pm
Can't put up the photos says their to large .Funny i have never had this problem with all the other photos i have posted .Anybody got any ideas  why ?
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 7:43pm
Laz   with my 1 per cent technical computer knowledge I offer the following till a professional is available

The size of the photo has to be less than 200 or 2000 {somethings} to be accepted on the site,
I have to re size I use 1600x 1200 to get a size that is acceptable. Could not tell you where it is hidden I just follow the steps I have been given.    All the best.
Regards John
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 9:28pm
Laz, "LureLovers.com currently allows image files up to 2mb in size to be uploaded"

If the image is larger than that, try resizing it and go again. I have done the same thing inadvertently and the image won't upload even though the upload process seems to continue. If the pic wont appear in the preview window it won't upload.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

laz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 7:17pm

I have tried to resize them using the program that i have allways used ,but it says the image is too large to resize .It beats me as i am doing nothing differnt to all the other  photos i have put on this site

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 7:46pm
Hi Laz,

Could you please email the image file to me via Forum@LureLovers.com

I will look into it and let you know.

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
laz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 7:45pm
Sorry Fellers it took so long  But thanks to Tony here they are .
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 8:03pm
What sort of age Laz .    My black and white photo does not show a lot of detail.
Regards John
laz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 8:41pm
Sorry John i would not have clue to their age .The wife brought them off E-bay for me a few years ago . I'm thinking that they are American . tried serching on the web ,but have had no luck .cya
SeekingBarradise View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeekingBarradise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 11:52pm
Hi John great post. 
It's awesome to see so much respect being paid to history on this site.  Refreshing
in this era where every wheel seems to be re-invented by people trying to build
a reputation at the expense of our pioneers lik Vic.

I'm interested in what techniques were used on the frogs back in the 60's.
Did the article shed any more light on techniques?

Bransfords just north of cairns has frogs dating back to the 60's in cabinates in the museum.

Bob Dunns research found that frog shapes were being cut out of thongs/shoes as far back as the 1880's.

Cheers Lyndon

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 12:05am
Welcome to the site Lyndon
Not to my knowledge Lyndon.
I will have a look at some other references I have.
I came across an early frog, the other day in the shed,but do not not know the maker or period pehaps someone on the site can assist, i will try and re locate tomorrow and post a picture.
regards John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic