LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Viper
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Early Shane Murphy lure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Shane Murphy lure
    Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:26pm
I acquired this beauty yesterday and quickly PMed Shane to verify it as his. Shane rang me today to tell me the story of this lure. 24 lures were made to be sold thru Ronnie Ross's Barber shop in Tenterfield 1985-86 as Shane's first commercial lures and check out the signature and the V on the bib. A good cod lure and I'll treasure it Shane.
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:29pm
That is a beauty Deb...nice find for sure!
cheers steiny
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 8:30pm
Shane's old lures are Jems in my eyes , fantastic lure Debbie !!
JOKER View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Shane Love Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 9:50pm
QUALITY SHANE, DAM FINE LURE.
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 10:31pm
Very nice lure Debbie
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
bdowdy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdowdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 8:18am
Another great find deb , very cool
hunting and fishing the new england
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 6:52pm
Here is a mate to that one Deb, the only one I have left .CryCryCry
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 6:56pm
Here is the next stage of trying to get it right ,slightly bigger lure .
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 6:57pm
Nice one Shane!! Tongue Do I see a couple of jointed lures in the pipeline?? Approve
Fysshe
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 7:01pm
Here is the next step in progress same size lure but slightly different shape and I gave this one a name .Clap These were all before the Viper Lures were even thought of which was about 1987 era .Wink
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 7:06pm
Here's another one of the same that my Brother in Law Brett Cambell painted for me around 1988 he had a real knack of getting things right with paint in them days ,he was the ONE that showed me a lot about the game .
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 7:08pm
Ian , Them there lures are a Darkside Slayers and Zombie Hunters secret project ,I may have stuffed up with the wide angle shot there ??????????????ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused Say Nothing to anyone !!!!!WinkWinkWink
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 7:11pm
They may not be what they seem ,Red Hunter wont tell any secrets either!!!!!!!!!!WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 8:55pm
WE have all the light side INFO WE NEED just wait till ya hear mal russellin around your hedge rowsLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLCONTACTLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 9:30pm
RODGER, RODGER.
CONFIMATION!
PROTO, JOINTS!
THEY'RE GUNNA PAINT EM GREEN,
ROLL EM IN TALLY HO'S,
THEN SEND EM TO KNOWN DARK SIDE MEMBERS.
HOPIN THEY SMOKE EM!!!
BEWARE, THEY'RE BEIN A BIT UNDERHANDED!!!
OVER.............................................................
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 9:34pm
Great score Deb.
Thanx too, Shane, for the little history lesson.
Yep, the Bro in Law certainly had the TOUCH!
That Brown would have been SPECTACULAR over Yellow or Gold!
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 9:41pm
Mal, Brett still has a lot to offer the world, his hand skills are extremely good and can turn them to anything ,a number of years ago RM Williams showed him how to make stock whips and so he went about putting his own style to them and sold a quality product to the WORLD , his class still continues today on a few lures that he makes for pleasure .ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 10:36pm
Well said Shane. I'll second that.    Debbie D
johnbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 8:44pm
Shame Murphy, it's John Toomey here. Debbie showed me this lure a couple of days ago and I was quite disappointed to see that the paint was peeling of the bib.
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 8:59pm
Welcome to the forum JT, and you haven't disappointed me with the one liner Wink long time no see hope you are still making painted sticks , how about showing the members some of your creations .ClapClapClap
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 9:20pm
Hi John thankyou for the photos of the egg site.  Debbie D
johnbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 9:40pm
Thanks Shane, good to catch up. I might take a couple of pictures tomorrow. Not sure what is left. Maybe my collection of lures might be of some interest. I've not looked around on here so I don't know if I have anything of interest or not?
John
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013 at 9:45pm
I'm sure what I have seen over the years that most of the forum members would certainly be interested ,there are some pretty knowledgeable people on here and some you might not know from their forum names .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic