Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Metals - Jigs, Spoons, Slices and Vibes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ebay lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ebay lures
    Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 11:44pm
Is it just me, or is there a fundamental flaw in these lures? LOL
Fysshe
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 11:45pm
We've all been rigging our blades wrong for years!
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 11:55pm
All their advertising shows the same setup!! Probably why no-one is bidding. Confused
Do you think I should tell them? Ermm
Fysshe
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 7:47am
John could be right Wink , has anyone tried swimming them rigged this way???

Makes you wonder though, how many people get turned off lures by incorrect information by mis informed 'experts'.
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 9:30am
Ha ha at the expo this year I had a chap tell me my blades were rigged upside down I did try to explain too him that the three holes along the back are the line tow points but he wouldn't have a bar of it , so looks like my blades have been catching only confused fish over the last few years

Cheers Flacco
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 9:37am
I have a fishing mate who continually fishes this style of soft plastic with the line attached to the treble hook hanger and wonders why it doesn't swim right!! LOL

Fysshe
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 9:47am
Have been reading this with amusement Big smile.

Had a bloke tell me one day that the slot in the lexan bib (omega clip was missing) was for putting your line
through and tying off on to the middle hook hanger Confused LOL.

A bit like your mate in reverse Fysshe Smile.
Gristy
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 7:01pm
A bloke at work told me that metal slugs don't work and gave me his stash of 6. I found out that he was casting them out and letting them sit on the bottom and he "bait" fished them. When I told him he was supposed to retrieve them and cast out again, the reply was "bugger that, that's too much work".LOL
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
JKR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:24pm
I let a bloke I knew (and didn't like one bit) soak a stationary metal baitfish profile under a large bubble float off a jetty for about four hours.

"Didn't get a bite", he said when he packed up.

Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by JKR JKR wrote:

I let a bloke I knew (and didn't like one bit) soak a stationary metal baitfish profile under a large bubble float off a jetty for about four hours.

"Didn't get a bite", he said when he packed up.

That's brutal John but I love it.
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

A bloke at work told me that metal slugs don't work and gave me his stash of 6. I found out that he was casting them out and letting them sit on the bottom and he "bait" fished them. When I told him he was supposed to retrieve them and cast out again, the reply was "bugger that, that's too much work".LOL

I've seen people 'fishing' like that. Never scored any freebies off them though.
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 9:14pm
Sometimes you dont have to work your lures have caught a lot of yellows with blades and vibes with rod sitting in rod holder even had a cod pick a spinerbait up on the bottom in shallow clear water
cheers Graeme
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by lead lure lead lure wrote:

Sometimes you dont have to work your lures have caught a lot of yellows with blades and vibes with rod sitting in rod holder even had a cod pick a spinerbait up on the bottom in shallow clear water
cheers Graeme

Suspended in the water with the lure working in the flow or under a bobbing boat, even wind or wave action working on the line can be enough to give some lures enough action to attract a fish - I know of a ot of people who do this with soft plastics off the Gold Coast reefs.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 11:13pm
A lot to be said for 'dead sticking' plastics, or even fishing them with the rod in the holder while drifting. Wink

Poolie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Darby Darby wrote:

A lot to be said for 'dead sticking' plastics, or even fishing them with the rod in the holder while drifting. Wink

Darby that's how I catch most of my Bream, unweighted plastics cast up tight in a snag and let it slowly sink
Small Scale Lure Creations; Lure making on hold ATM.
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 12:16am
David, I 'REALLY' dead stick over the rubble in Moreton Bay, 1/4oz short jig head, 4-6" whiptail minnow, only lift the rod when I feel it bump on a bigger lump on the bottom till it clears then let it drop, most Snapper will suck the lure off the bottom.

Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 12:47am
Dead sticking works for sure. But not land based with metals. :-D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic