LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Echo creations.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 11:56am
Hi Kim.

Mate, thankyou for your post. It's just a little hobby I started late last year that I really enjoy.

In all honesty, reading posts on this site regarding lure making has helped immensly, as have the inspirations created by Paul Kneller (I recommend viewing some of his work under Deception lures in the NSW lures section) and some invaluable mentoring by Rob (Lure-Nut) and his Tonk lures which I also recommend you check out if you want to see how good a lure can look.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 1:31pm
Guys here's a lure card I've been playing around with. I have lots of other ideas for one however here's the first that I've actually printed out. Background is an image I painted a long time ago of a stream in Orroral Valley, Namadgi National Park. I think it's come up ok. Also the ally bibbed Jinjulu is not a 4m+ lure The polycarb ones are, however after I wrote out the card I couldn't find one I was happy with that wasn't fished or stolen by mates.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 5:15pm
Can I see a production line coming
Cheers Graeme
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 5:34pm
Looks good to meThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 8:00pm
Thanks fellas.

Graeme definitely not, however I'm going to put them on cards when I make them for family and friends etc.

If I had a copy lathe that would be a different story - I could spend 90% of my time painting (the fun part) 900% more of them, instead of painstakingly carving each one

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
brian1960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brian1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 7:57pm
Hi Danny I admire the finish of your lures whenever you put up a new post of a new lure or some new paint jobs . is there a secret to keeping your poly bibs so clean as I have trouble when I use prepsol to wipe of excess glue and get smudges and light scratches on them. looking at yours they look like you just peeled of the plastic covering. 
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 12:47am
Hi Brian.

Thanks. I don't think there's any secrets in the bib building/glueing methods I use but if you can take something away from it, great Some might find this process time consuming and a little obselete however it works for me, and keeps my lures almost completely handmade which is what I want at this stage. After tracing the template bib onto polycarbonate sheeting and then cutting it out, I hand sand the edges down until they are like the worn pieces of glass bottle you find at the beach. I then drill the glue holes, the towpoint holes and fit the towpoints, all with the protective plastic film still on. Then, after removing the plastic I use 24 hour araldite. With a kebab stick I poke some at the back of the bib slot and some into the bib holes I've drilled. I make a half moon shape around the holes with the glue and then slide the bib in front on as straight as I can. This seems to make a really clean and even seal between the top and bottom edges of the bib slot and the bib itself. Once you learn how much glue to use you should be able to get a nice enough finish to not need much, if any, wiping of araldite which will keep the area on your bib where you've glued much cleaner.

Hope this helps a bit. I'm sure there's better ways to do it with more modern superior quality glues however that's how I'm doing it at the moment.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Steve B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 6:30am
Hi Danny
Nice work, really clean!! Do you pin your bibs?
Cheers Steve
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 12:27pm
Hi Steve,

Thanks. I don't pin any of the bibs at this stage, although I might do in the future on some larger cod lures.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 12:41pm
Planned a bass trip soon with mates so a few more lures will be needed. Have made an array of colours in the Jinjulu, including a semi nude which I hadn't tried before. I've nearly finished a few baby Plunkett surface lures too, plus there are a couple of completely new models to trial on the trip that I'll post up one day soon.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:15pm
You will definitely need more than that the bass will like collecting those
Cheers Graeme
brian1960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brian1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 1:23pm
Thanks Danny maybe i am useing to much glue .I am doing very similar  as you but i may have to cut down on the glue  . And i see you have posted some more very well finished lures .Keep up the good work
New Signing View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New Signing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 3:11pm
Hi Danny, I'm sure this question has been posed plenty of times before but im only new so ill ask anyway. When you mention your lace patterns, is it as simple as raiding my grandmothers sewing stocks and finding pieces of lace to spray over?

Ive just ordered myself an airbrush and small compressor, not realising that i could have just purchased an airbrush and hooked it up to my other compressor Confused

Ive got a couple of lures ready to paint now so i cant wait for it to show up

Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 3:20pm
Hi Adam.

Mate eBay is your friend when it comes that. I get all of my pieces of lace from there. Good luck with the painting. It's great fun and highly addictive. Make sure you post some up on the site when you're finished.

Cheers,

Danny.

Echo Lures
JOKER View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Shane Love Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 4:50pm
Smashing it Danny....high end stuff mate...thanks 4 sharing pics of of your lures mate they r special....cheers Shane
Whatever
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 5:04pm
Danny you have a great art to it mate ,coming down past Canberra to fish down at Lake Jindabyne in March next year and if you are around the place like to say hi.

Cheers,
Dave
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 7:45pm
you've done a beautiful job on those lures Danny,the Bass don't stand a chance
that's no how ye make porridge!
DocYarrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DocYarrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 9:40pm
Exquisite again as always Danny!

Good to know someone else using a glued skewer to seal that back of bib slots mate, as it doesn't take much moisture to seep in and ruin a good finish in no time flat.

Look forward to the Bass report, should be plenty of pics using those babies.
Cheers,

Troy
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 11:45pm
Thanks Graeme, Shane, Dave, Chris and Troy.

Dave that sounds great mate, looking forward to it.

Troy you're spot on, water in timber lures can be highly destructive. A bit of extra time sealing areas open to exposure increases lure longevity exponentially.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
New Signing View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New Signing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 8:04am
much appreciated Danny.

Ive got a few ready for painting now which are mostly stucky types. Because im using balsa ive had to add a little bit of weight to a couple of the lures to get them to swim.

After reading advice on here ive started to undercoat before i fit my hook hangers and will paint before i fit my bibs so i get a better finish. Smile
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 11:45am
Great lures Danny, nice shape and top paintClap
Martin-

Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 12:27pm
Insane yet again Danny... come on man. I've been lurking on the side line for ages watching your great work...how do I get some...Just love that backing card... you could name your price with your complete product.

Cheers

Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 7:52pm
Thanks Martin and Sel,

Sel no worries mate we'll sort something out

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 8:04pm
I finished fitting the bibs to these baby Plunkett surface lures last night. Happy with the action. Hopefully the bass like these little ones.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
JOKER View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Shane Love Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 8:14pm
CRACKERS.....love em all but the ones at each end of the log r my fav
Whatever
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by JOKER JOKER wrote:

CRACKERS.....love em all but the ones at each end of the log r my fav

Great paint on those ones - I reckon the colours would blend into one when retrieved making it look like a colour change to a fish below itClap
Martin-

lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 11:11pm
Very nice did I say very nice
Cheers Graeme
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 5:46am
I think you said very nice Graeme ....... I could have sworn that you didBig smile
Martin-

Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 8:22pm
Thanks Shane, Graeme and Martin.

Martin that wasn't intentional when painting but let's run with it

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 5:39pm
LOL ....I think a lot of people would be surprised how their lure's colours would do thatLOL
Martin-

Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 6:31pm
Danny please please stop this... I want some to fish those surface lures wow.. stop it,,, I have to have some in my tackle trays... Where's the pay now button !!!!!!!!
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2015 at 7:08pm
We all should say to Danny (the man) COME ON DANNY, COME ON, MY TACKLE BOX IS WAITING!
Handshake

Cheer's
Dave
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 5:31pm
Ha thanks guys - I'll have to make a batch for LL members one day in the future.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Krisco82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krisco82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 8:03pm
So cool mate. I need some for the collection. Messaged you
And thanks again sel for the help.
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 8:15pm
Hi guys,

As promised last week, here are the two new models - the Eurabbie and the Baarla. I was on the plane to Perth a few weeks ago and I designed them both on a note pad from Zoe's handbag. Both have a body length of 57mm so they are quite small - especially the Baarla which has quite a narrow profile as well. The hardest part when designing the Eurabbie was to come up with a shrimp/yabby pattern that was semi-original. Using my personal knowledge of past and present shapes I think I've done OK on that front, which was my main concern. I've also thrown in a few new baby Merrit colours too.

Eurabbie

Baarla

Baby Merrit

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic