LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Eddy Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eddy Lures early 90's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eddy Lures early 90's
    Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 10:30am
another ad M O Tackle early 90's extensive range available at the time.

Regards John.

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 12:30pm
Thanks for posting John, interestingly I have an original timber signed Stinger, but not in the colour of ones shown. Are these the first plastic molded production? Maybe makes my one and only quite a collectable. Found in a Darwin tackle store late 80's.
Regards, Tony.
"Always Merry and Bright"
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 3:08pm
I am not sure Tony

No doubt someone on lurelovers will know.

regards John
Stephen Booth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Booth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 5:42pm
And now Jamie from JD Lures does the entire Eddy Lures back catalogue on his site. Some great new colours in the old favourties.
Painted sticks with hooks sure, but they are oh soooo nice!
Craig View Drop Down

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 6:26pm
Your picture isn't that old, 2000's is my guess.
Dolls eyes lasted well into the 90's
The signed Stinger is gold, I'm missing two from the set. The Stinger and the Little Beauty. 
Tagged and released
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 8:54pm
Gee that timber lure would be good to see, my Eddies go back quite a way but are all plastic.
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
jorgvh View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jorgvh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 11:20pm
A few eddy's lures
a mate owns nice looking lures
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 6:24am
Jorgvh,

The Eddies are gems, love the colours. The two Marz lures are also crackers and I've been lucky enough to collect a few of these myself.

Thanks Mate
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:35am
Ropes, I'll dig it out and take a pic later today.
Tony.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 12:10pm
Guys, here is my one and only Eddy lure, signed Eddy near tail and Stinger under bib.
Regards, Tony.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 2:26pm
Thanks for posting Tony

regards John
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 6:04pm
My little lot of Dave Edward's beauties

Dambusters.....Yellow Dolls Eye is just after going to moulded, White Dolls Eye, and Painted Eye by Jamie Harris...need a Edwards and Darren Storm era painted eye to fill the time line.

Mini Dambusters on left...The Lil Beauty was a cedar lure Dave made a few of, and developed the Mini Dambuster Shape from. White Dolle Eye and Edwards era painted eye, need a Storm and harris era painted eye to complete.
on the right, Eddy's Lip Rippa, developed by Darren Storm after he bought from Dave Edwards (awesome lil bream and flattie lure)
Dolls Eye and Edwards era painted eye Wasps, need Storm and Harris era to finish off.

Stinger Family
Dolls Eye and Edwards painted eye shallow Stingers, Storm era Deep Stinger, Dolls eye and Edwards era painted eye Maxi Stingers. I have my eye on a Dolls Eye Deep Stinger that needs to be wrested from it's current owner.

Cheers Brad

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 6:46pm
heres a few i have left . could trade these for the right lures ...  aaron
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 7:19pm
I am a little confused are the lures in the ad painted or are they the dolls eyes.

You all seem to have some lures that have the eyes painted are all those lures wooden.

regards John
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 7:33pm
John, 1st up there are some Dam Busters in the ad that have dolls eyes, could be just that's what was available when the shot was taken, The Dolls eyes were used on some of the later wooden lures, but carried over to the moulded body as well. Originally Dave painted eyes as shown on Craig's Stinger, but when he went commercial he used the dolls eyes to speed up production, plus have something different as a sell point. As his paint system evolved Dave went back to painting eyes with stencils.

Brad

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 7:39pm
Thanks Brad
regards John
JD LURES View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

JD/Eddy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD LURES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:08pm
Darby

Your first Dam Buster in your pic is one of the first colours I did when I started painting for nick Clarke.
I hope to have some original metal bibbed Dam Busters with dolls eyes back in production for the nostalgic soon.

JD
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:23pm
What's the go with the yellow eyes in my picture , cheers aaron
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:43pm
Fletch, as I understand the timeline, the Yellow Dolls Eye is just after going to moulded body. Back then there must have been a good supply of them around,  as Downunder used them in the Boomerangs as well.

Brad

LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 7:59am
Sorry fellas work is going crazy at the moment. I've never seen the timber versions before. Of the Eddy's I have, I seem to have the yellow dolls eyes on the majority. The timber variety look very special.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 11:24am
My packaging has a Toowoomba address and old style telephone number would they be around late 90's

Regards John

doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 2:45pm
WinkI myself have a few dam busters with dolls eyes. A stinger with little metal bib in packet(red head over black body with white highlights) and some wasps(60mm) I think. The 2 wasps in my box are black back with yellow body with black spots and a brown trout type one with red dots on white spots! These I've noticed seem different to the last wasp I bought which is an all chrome silver with black highlights. The chrome one smashes bass while the other two wasps caught me numerous murray cod up to the 60cm mark! I've casted the small dambusters for cod with great results but i've never had a hookup on the larger dam busters! I've never seen them in timber! I could be interested in swapping these for either yo-zuri slavko bugs or bellbrook lures or burkes. if interested P.M. me and we'll talk. regards B.J.LOL
Cranky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 6:57pm
Hi Darby do you still have your eddy?
LureloverAbroad View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LureloverAbroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 1:47am
Sensational thread digging work Cranky.

Fond memories using Eddy Lures growing up as a child fishing local dams with my dad in SE Qld. 

Dare say I still have a few in storage at my mums house in the prized tackle box!

My dad and I were in the Toowoomba sports fishing club in the late 90s and Eddy came there onc night to give a talk about his lures. 

Many bass and flatties were caught using these dynamite lures!! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic