LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Elliots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Elliot or ring'in

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elliot or ring'in
    Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 11:24am
Picked a few more Elliots yesterday and the one marked with ???? has some variations in thickness and taper.

The guy who I sourced them off said it was not an Elliot but came from a guy at Tinaroo who made them in a big gal iron tin side and said he used the Elliot to hand copy from. ALso said they trolled them in Tinaroo for big barra and this lure actually nailed a fish well over 15kg !!!!!!

My other Elliots all look soooo close but open to challenge ??????

Also see my other post re Elliot popper or ring'in again - same story !!!!

www.reeldealfishing.com.au
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 11:51am
Nice pick up!
cheers steiny
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 4:38pm
Mate, I think the only Elliot there is the green one, could be wrong, but never seen one with crossed eyes.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 5:40pm
Don't say that Tony Confused I thought I had only one under a cloud

Maybe it was a 'tightening up' by the lure and crossing its eyes when a big Tinaroo barra lined it up.LOL

wadey
stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:40pm
mmmmmm think theres a few more around like that

REMEMBER FOOLS RUSH IN WERE ANGELES FEAR TO TREAD
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 10:04pm
Gary
just been doing a bit of "surfing" and found this.
Did you get this sorted?
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 10:28pm
For what it's worth I think they are all Elliots, a close up of middle and tail wires on the sus lure would be good, I also think maybe more than one person has dotted the eyes, maybe friends or family ??? lures look done on copy lathe so easy for profiles to be different.
Gristy
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 10:34pm
I have a couple with the same profile as the lure in question.
One has a sticker, the other doesn't, 
As you said Carl, a better pic of eyelets would help.
You would think a news paper man would know better.LOL
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 10:36pm
No gents - just bunged it in with the other elliots...

Can't do any more photos just yet as still in northern NSW enjoying the post Expo 14 weather.

Was on the list to take to Narooma and show and tell when I sit down with the man himself??

Watch this space....

wadey
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 10:44pm
Ask him if he used to get bored (I did at times LOL) or did others dot eyes ??
Gristy
wahootim View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahootim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 3:09pm
Yes top lures are all Elliots, these were a series they put into Big W chain stores around mid 1990. cheers Tim
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 4:28pm
Am gonna ask the Boss if we can come up with a prize every year for WORST    I D'er  on the site,
am gonna nominate Wadey first then SeaweedOuch   on second thoughts, better not Big smile cause then nothing will get I D'd cause every one will want the prize LOL.
Gristy
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 5:20pm
Cheeky cheeky remarks LOL.

I am old and wonder if some of you 'guru's' will get this farBig smile..

Besides being a lazy bumDead , it is easier to ask the forum than spend hours on the mouse and keyboard and still come up skunked......Tongue

wadey Wink.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 9:00pm
Hey wadey, this old bloke is a fair bit older than you Wink and starting to get marble problems ConfusedLOL, had em on Saturday at the expo Embarrassed, (ask Brad). So maybe you better pull your finger out before it's to late, all about observation mate not just knowledge WinkBig smile.

No excuses, you're a Capricorn same as me (I think) so have the same grey matter upstairs LOL.
Gristy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic