LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > Vic Lures > Tilsan
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ever reliable Tilsan Bass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ever reliable Tilsan Bass
    Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:34pm
I went for a last minute bass fish last Sat. arve unsure of whether I'd be able to get out before the close of season. Unfortunately the strong westerlies made casting homemades from the yak a little bit of a pain so I opted for a leisurely paddle with the ever reliable Tilsan Bass in tow. I rarely use my sounder in rivers generally only in dams but she came along this time as this spot has a lot of sunken timber mid stream and it proved to be a god send. Arches everywhere but geez were they hard to convert. Surprisingly fish came from "barren" water where no arches had been seen. All up I landed 4 bass and one yella (my first landed on a hard body) with the two better bass going 35 & 38 FL and the yella around 30 cm. Cheers Pat.
Fool to the bream
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:26am
Some nice clear photos Pat, must have been a great trip, Looks like a wide piece of water to fish in.
I imagine the wind could be quite strong at time
Thanks for posting

regards John
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 6:51pm
Top little lures, and my first choice for when i need a small hard body for Barr a or jacks.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 7:23pm
GREAT allround lures every one would have had one at some stageClapClapClapClapTongueTongueregards bob
Squiddly Diddly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squiddly Diddly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 9:08pm
The Tilsan Bass is the goto lure on those tough days, always produces up here. Black and gold scale is the best. Cheers Danny
andrewparr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewparr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:38pm
What great looking fish! Must be a healthy system!
A rod in one hand, a beer in the other. In an imperfect world, there are still perfect moments.
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 6:54pm
Cheers fellas.  I'm hoping to get back there this weekend (managed a pass out Wink ) and think I will concentrate on working the visible arches with some vibes and sinking flies - wind permitting that is . Cheers Pat.
Fool to the bream
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic