LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Lure Collecting > Displaying your Lure collection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Examples of displays with cards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RossPerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Examples of displays with cards
    Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 11:24pm
Hi guys

I am interested in seeing how other people display lures on card or in original packaging, or do they get stored safely away?

Pics and ideas welcome

Thanks in advance
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 2:18am
ROSS i  put mine on a peg board EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedTongueTongueTonguewill try & get some pics mate  to show everyone broBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 8:01am
I take them from the cards, and hang them in my collection. 

As I think the lures look boring on the cards, that;s just me.

RossPerth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RossPerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 2:09pm
I was wondering about that Nativeman. But I was hoping to see some pics of others collections that would change my opinion
RossPerth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RossPerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 2:09pm
Thanks Bob looking forward to the pics
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 3:25pm
maybe something in here for inspiration

I know they aren't Aussie and not backing cards, but often the original packaging can make a good background to a display. in this case I have used a staple gun to staple through the original hanger hole and the pack hangs on that.

In this display, I used a few cards of varing age as part of the display

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

RossPerth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RossPerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 4:13pm
They are cool Darby

Thanks for sharing :)
nickbru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickbru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 11:55pm
That knols display is great
NRB
RossPerth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RossPerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 3:02pm
I agree, I love that Knols display
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 5:41pm
HERE ya go ross this is how i hang my lures some anyway the peg board is cheap &the cork boards are cheaper all do the jobWinkWinkWinkTongueTongueTongueregards bob

mackayaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackayaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 7:19pm
Nice Collection Bob! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers Scotty
http://mackayakka.com/about/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mackayaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 7:54pm
I use ply boards cut to size with boot liner stretched and stapled over the top. I then drill small holes where I want the lures to hang and insert bent stainless wire hangers. It is a bit time intensive but you have the luxury of spacing the hangers wider apart for cards and boxes etc. I agree that lures on cards can look a bit messy but I opt to keep them in their boxes and on the cards where I can.

Cheers Scotty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackayaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 7:54pm
Hope to be adding some more boards shortly.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 8:02pm
NOW that a good idea scotty with the carpet you could just hang lures with trebles on nice &neat also well done mateClapClapClapClapClapregards bob
RossPerth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RossPerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 8:08pm
I likey
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 6:56am
That's a really nice display, Scotty. Thanks.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 3:27pm
&how do others display lures please put some pics up for all to seeBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileTongueTongueregards bob
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 6:00pm
Like this B.O.B.. I swap the lures around as the fancy takes me.

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 6:16pm
THATS cool as martin might make some timber stands myself broBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bob
brendan t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendan t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 9:18pm
very cool  
NQ FISH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NQ FISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 10:51pm
the bugs where awesome on the bass.
NQ FISH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NQ FISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 11:01pm
nice job Scotty
NQ FISH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NQ FISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 11:04pm
Nice man cave Bob, for a minute I thought I was browsing fishing warehouse Australia. Awesome collection
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 6:16am
DUG that cave out by hand &formed it all up had to hand mix out the concrete 18 months it took me i dig the man cavesLOLLOLLOLLOLWinkregards bob
Hutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 6:09am
Some of mine

Hutto
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 5:34am
THATS nice HUTTO is that hessian inside the box very coolClapClapStarStarregards bob
Hutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 6:16am
Yes Bob,
There is a sheet of caneite from an old notice board covered with hessian. It gives a good contrast for the lures and it is easy to push pins into.

I should have mentioned in my earlier post.... These lures are Custom Crafted Wiggla's from the late eighties/early nineties

Cheers
Hutto
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 8:10am
VERY nice lures & display bro well doneClapClapClapClapClapTongueTongueTongueregards bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic