LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Favourite Lure by species
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

favourite carp lure??????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: favourite carp lure??????
    Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 4:31pm
 Obviously my choice is an 1/8th ounce v-spin lure that was constructed by BJ spinnerbaits......B.J.
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 4:33pm
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 6:05pm
Nah - cabbage dust in the headwaters or a plug of gelli

both have the desired result.

Or - maybe a section of yellow pipe cleaner on a small No 6 fly hook.....

wadey
www.reeldealfishing.com.au
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 6:58pm
ALLWAYS brained em on me bread flys at chaffey..they make great fox bait in the night timeLOLLOLLOLWinkWinkWinkWinkregards BOB
BlueyNT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueyNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 7:07pm
Half a stick of jelly and a cap.
They make great pig food ,or fertilizer.

Kev. 
I'm not young enough to know every thing .
tupong View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 7:54pm
This little minnow catches a few down my way.

regards mick
River Rover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 9:41am
Not a topic I have pondered. Have caught a few big ones biggest at Tilpa took my cod bait. Have found bow fishing sucessful
David
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 10:10am
If you blokes haven't eaten a carp, this is how you fix them.
Lay the cleaned fillets on a clean hickory board, sprinkle with salt/pepper, lay slices of onion and green pepper around it, lay a couple of bacon strips on the fillets, sprinkle chopped hot peppers over fillets.
Wrap in alumn. foil and bake for 45 minutes at 300 degrees. Take out of oven and let cool and then throw away the carp and eat the board.LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Try it,
Verlon
Baitman
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 1:14pm
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 8:09pm
Bob , my favourite lure for carp is Bow and Arrow .Ouch
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 8:33pm
IS that how ya catch them ARCHER FISH shaneLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLregards bob
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 11:06pm
Good one Verlon!

I have no preferred lure for them but must say I have caught them as bye catch on a Bagleys DB3, a Manns 15+ and a score of lures meant for Yellowbelly, Bass and particularly Bream lures.
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 2:20am
Don't tell anyone but I caught a 7 pounder on the "Accident"
The best to Y'all,
Verlon
Baitman
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 7:44am
Verlon, over here 'down under' we have an alternative recipe you might like to try.
Make a vegetable stock using water, cabbage, brussell sprouts, carrots, onion, cauliflower, broccoli and potatoes.
A qty of a gallon will be ideal. Simmer for 4 hours and strain vegetable residue off with a muslin cloth.
Replace the strained liquid onto heat and add the cleaned and headless fish along with a clean river rock.
Simmer covered for a further 4 hours.
Remove fish carcass and again strain through a cloth to remove any solids.
Season to taste, place rock in a bowl, pour broth over the rock and enjoy!!!Thumbs Up
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 9:30am
I thought they were a popular dish in Europe. Is there no suitable recipe from there. Smoking?
The UK residence are keen to catch carp ,they spend a lot of money on the right gear,(use sweet corn bait) long thin rods and oversize nets,and spend long hours fishing for various size carp, what do they do with them.
Regards John
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 10:56am
Many years ago during the ANSA Burrinjuck Convention (Novem each year)  a few of us 'carp extractors' were presenting our still live catch to the weighmaster and were approached by an old guy from either Poland or Czechoslovakia and asked if he could buy our fish.Confused

We subsequently gave them to him - about 100kg in all and I just had to ask what was he going to do with them - pig food/fertiliser ???

They were to be eaten by his extended family at Christmas..

They just gut them and chop into big chunks - heads, scales and all, and boil them for hours/days and keep adding water and a zillion herbs n spices, garlic, chilli etc and keep skimming off the top and keep reducing until it became a thick porridge/broth. They dipped their bread in and ate down to the sludge on the bottom.

Yes he was dead serious as apparently in those poor countries during, and post world wars, carp were their only source of protien (Dead)....

Google carp receipiesWacko

wadey

www.reeldealfishing.com.au
wrapper View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Wrapper Baits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 11:15am
My favourite carp lure is none , but l seem to catch alot
Afer seeing the color of the skirt Bj caught his carp on and this one l caught l have to ask the question
"Does this color skirt on spinnerbaits atracked more carp than others" ??
cheers wrapper
River Rover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 2:26pm
Remembered a carp from years gone by, camping at Chaffey dam with Rava our children only small and Chris my youngest caught a big one and insisted we take it back so he could show Gary, Put it in the back of the landrover and drove 10 minutes back to camp and took me 6 months to get the smell out of the truck.
David
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 3:20pm
What a great story.     LOL David
I did not they were that bad ,new, that they were muddie but not smelly.
regards John
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 7:27pm

My 12g is good for em right Dav, but I have caught them in clear clean water and have cooked them all sorts of ways and they still taste like MUD Angry

Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
tupong View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 9:11am
Have tried carp canned and fresh and it always tasted the same ,like crap/carp.

But have heard that if you skin(theres meant to be some enzme or something under the skin ) then  take a fillet and cut out what is called the blood line (a darker piece of flesh running down the middle of the fillet), your then meant to have something that doesnt taste like crap/carp

regards mick  
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 11:03am
Wink ok can tell you all something thats going to make your heads spin!!!! Carp cooked properly is bloody beautiful!!!!! You must get a carp out of fresh clear water(minor/nil mud) fillet off sides and skin, on a angle slice the bony fillet, then wash the meat under running water cleaning as you go. put plug in sink and fill with a mixture of cheap white wine and a bottle of cider vinegar mixed about 50/50 leave fish pieces in marinade for 24hrs you can also add herbs and spices if you wish to marinade. After period of time in solution pull out and air dry pieces on paper then heat up the barbie wrap in foil and you'll never believe your eating carp!!!!! The Greeks showed me how to cook both carp and ( fatty large cod- so theres no fat left in meat after cooking)......regards B.J.
weaver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Weaver Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 3:53pm
Chubbys are a fav.

Followed closely by a worm fish weedless and weightless

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by reel deal reel deal wrote:

Many years ago during the ANSA Burrinjuck Convention (Novem each year)  a few of us 'carp extractors' were presenting our still live catch to the weighmaster and were approached by an old guy from either Poland or Czechoslovakia and asked if he could buy our fish.Confused

We subsequently gave them to him - about 100kg in all and I just had to ask what was he going to do with them - pig food/fertiliser ???

They were to be eaten by his extended family at Christmas..

They just gut them and chop into big chunks - heads, scales and all, and boil them for hours/days and keep adding water and a zillion herbs n spices, garlic, chilli etc and keep skimming off the top and keep reducing until it became a thick porridge/broth. They dipped their bread in and ate down to the sludge on the bottom.

Yes he was dead serious as apparently in those poor countries during, and post world wars, carp were their only source of protien (Dead)....

Google carp receipiesWacko

wadey

i worked with a Romanian lady who also said they were good to eat Wadey
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 8:07pm

a little mepps trout spinner does it for me.       we have a lot of east europeans fishing for them for food in the albert and logan rivers - theylove em.  in south aust i bought some "smoked bream", ended up being carp - "NICE"(true story).   just back from pommieland, they cry when i show them photos of them up on the banks / holding them by the gills with a knife sticking out of them, over there you gotta have a padded release matt and blah blah blah. they hate the poles coming over to fish because they take the carp back home with em

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Jacob-mactuna View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob-mactuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 11:06pm

At the local lake i use a small white popper or hard boddies lure, and it seems to do the job

PB: 6.3kg mactuna
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 2:17pm
Wink cool as poppers ay what next.......b.j.
bushwacker View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
Running Creek Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushwacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 1:18am
Ive had them smack jitterbugs and atomic hardz chubbys .... note to self never try grap the pricks while they still have them in its mouth they thrash like a C%^$.

I have had a mate tell me if you catch one carp on a lure rub some slime off it onto your lure and you should get more apparently.

Steve
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 3:03am
This is the second Carp that I have ever caught.
Verlon

Baitman
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 1:24pm
Verlon, despite the fact we all whinge about them, they usually give a very good account during the fight. How did your combatant go?
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 6:09pm
You can take nothing away from their fighting abilities - they hammer and I hate to say this, they can pull some of our natives, kilo for kilo, backwards. Am I still welcome on this site Ermm??
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
dingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 10:02pm
Well said Clap.
Have been catching carp for years and they know where the snags are.The bigger they are the easier they spook.Catch most on bait but have shot,speared,lured and cast netted many as well.Excellent pest to catch and makes life a little easier for our natives which is a real positive too. p.s good crab pot bait too.
gdm
weaver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Weaver Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 10:02pm
Yeah mate they go hard just as long as they are knocked on the head after landing

Bush wacker i know what you mean. 

Get Ya Cod On
weaver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Weaver Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 10:03pm
I must add the the barb layed below my fingernail and the fish straightened the back split ring ...... it hurt like hell but not as much as pulling it out
Get Ya Cod On
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by ropes.basstard ropes.basstard wrote:

Verlon, despite the fact we all whinge about them, they usually give a very good account during the fight. How did your combatant go?
Paul, it gave me a battle!!!!!
Verlon
Baitman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic