LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing Tackle > General Tackle Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fins 40g Braid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gimme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fins 40g Braid
    Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 4:25pm
Hi, Has anyone used the Fins 40g Braid yet. Was having a look at it today and is very thin and feels smooth but priced at the higher end of market. Just wanting to know it anyone has used it (and their thoughts ) before I outlay the coin.
Cheers
Col
Plastic is for storing lures, not making them.
codyak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:22pm
Hey mate. Ive got the 25lb 40g on my zillion and love it. Im a big fan of fins, been using it for years & the new 40g is great. Smooth casting, feels very nice on my reel. I would say definitely get some.

Cheers, Blake
Poolie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:25pm
I've used fins (original PRT) in many sizes up to 50lb, I would describe them as a good/great all rounder and is my go to line type. It can be used on spin and baitcasters and if you get a wind knot it can be untangled easier than other brands. The best casting braid I've used is Sunline (Super PE) it honestly casts amazingly, the lightest lures just sail through the air ,but , it has a downfall. When you get a wind knot it is so hard to untangle that you end up having to cut the line so I wouldn't suggest it for fishing for whiting and bream with small poppers and stickbaits where you can get slack line on the spool.
I hope that helps, Poolie.
Small Scale Lure Creations; Lure making on hold ATM.
gimme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gimme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 1:56pm
Thanks for the feedback. Just got my Alphas Type R's spooled with 25lb. Now just got to get out and use it.
Plastic is for storing lures, not making them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic