LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First finished

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 6:37pm
NIIICE, you have come a long way in a short timeClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Werriscreekwonda View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 8:58pm
The cod are biting down this way Nicho, mainly on bait though. The winds been a pain here of late too.
I should have a few finished pics up on Monday and even try and sell a couple.
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 12:28pm
Ready for a test swim...
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 3:40pm
Gotta make a few more of these
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 4:35pm

That came up nice Dave !

Originally posted by Werriscreekwonda Werriscreekwonda wrote:

Gotta make a few more of these
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 4:50pm
Looks good and has a really nice action.
This one's the much better looking version of one of the last lures I came up with about 10 years back.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 5:45pm
Love that shape- very versatile,  put a shallow bib in it to give it more dimensions as a salt water lureClap
Martin-

Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 6:03pm
Yep. I've been thinking about a barra/salt version of it.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 6:51pm
ClapYep,what I was thinking.
Martin-

whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 11:17pm
Looking real nice that last one
whipit
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 7:57pm
Not sure if this is good or bad.
One of my old (made 10 years back or so) had some issues with a 60 pound plus Murray Cod today.
Bib almost pulled out, just hanging on. Front hook hanger almost pulled from lure body, hooks flattened and separated. Rear hook starting to flatten.
It was a pretty good fight to say the least, and we did get the cod o the side of the boat, but the hooks finally let go before we could get any pics. Biggest cod my Dad has ever caught, and he caught some big ones years back.
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 8:23pm
top stuff, thats how a good used lure should look like. now make another.....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 8:45pm
Already thinking about that.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 9:10pm
Well get to it....no point thinking
:)
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 7:11pm
And the beauty about that lure, is that you now know where the weaker points are - all part of the learning process. Well done on that lure all the same thoughClap
Martin-

Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 10:29pm
I was only using 5 minute araldite back then, the bibs weren't as well set in the lure and the eyelets were a skinny tie wire. I never liked the western red cedar that I used on some of lures back the too much, too soft, developed cracks rather easily. Hooks were stolen off another old lure I think, look like eagle claw trebles but thinner.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 3:19pm
Yes from previous posts, 5 minute araldite breaks down but the 24 hour stuff is good. You going to re-glue that one with 24 hour and fish it again?
Martin-

Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 10:12pm
Nup, straight to the pool room.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:30pm
LOL even if you don't have a pool room - you would make one for itBig smile
Martin-

Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 11:48am
Some smaller lures on the way after a couple of requests for little kads etc..
And the salty version of that other lure.
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 12:20pm
hi dave, what are the dementions of your yabbie lure and what depth will it run. tossing up between it and the wcw for the one lure comp.......mick
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 6:01pm
If someone finds the Yabby lure in Keepit Dam just let Mick know the size.
I'm making the bigger bibbed wcw at the moment Mick. Before I lost the Yabby lure it was running about 18-19ft. I'll have to make a few more as it was a bi of a one off. I might even go source a bit of polycarbonate for the bib if you really want to go that way. Possibly a small lead weight on the bib might even get it deeper.
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 7:50pm
18-19ft is good , ally bib is fine dave. see how the wcw goes with the bigger bib.....mick
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 10:09pm
How's the small lure creations working out Dave, fidley and time consuming ? Looks like
You spare time is filled up now :-)
Cheers
Alljo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alljo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 7:36am
Awsome job dave love those retro paint jobs ,bring back the 80s i say. Can't wait to see my batch,cheers pete
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 8:29am
I've got a couple of extra Kads here for you Pete (Yellow and black of course), did you want a set of 5 or six like Rodsncods?
I have a small dart style lure in the works Tony, I'll give it a swim in the coming week and if all seems good run off a few more.
Mick I'll give the wcw with the bigger bib a swim this week and see how it performs.
I have noticed a bit of cracking in the paint on a couple of my lures that got a real hammering on rocks trolled down deep, going to have a experiment with a few different things to harden and seal the wood a bit better without having to go over to 2 pac stuff.
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 12:14pm
Is this what you're after mick?
Nicho's lures on the way
Smaller lures next to a dart for comparison, the body of the smaller dart like lure is about the length from front to rear hanger of the normal dart.
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 3:18pm
if it swims right......yahooooo....mick
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 4:50pm
Are you are taking orders? I would love a couple of your lures. There are a couple of models there that have caught my eye, some really nice classic yet unique designs.
Matt
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 5:43pm
just back off fraser wait your turn and make some more of your own lures to fish with .....mick
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 6:40pm
Looking good Dave, Yep I'll have a few of Each smaller version W.Creek classics when ready .
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 7:38pm
Yep Matt, I'm taking orders. Just let me know by PM what you are after.
I'm gonna have to start writing stuff down in an order book before I get too confused though.
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 2:25pm
Been a bit busy but found a few hours to get a bit done.
I wasn't quite happy with the tiny kads bodies so went and tried a slightly different shape, seems a bit better to me.
Did a bit more work on a yabby style lure too, made it a bit more mcfeeterish.
Nicho's lures are looking good
I like yellow/green cod lures too.
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 2:43pm
which ever lure i decide to use in the one lure comp, i'd like them painted in this pattern dave.....mick
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 2:47pm
Looks good that colour, I'll have to do a few more lures in it.
I should have a yabby or two finished in a couple of weeks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic