LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fishing Report Eucumbene this Weekend

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 29>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 11:40pm
Good you can keep warm as you are John. Think we have a little bit colder here during winter. Keep those great catches coming my friend Smile
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 6:06pm
So I take it you are not up for a swim John?LOL   Nice fish, you certainly put in the effortThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 7:06pm
Had to give up a tad early tonight , the snow was no problem but  the strength of the wind gust blowing the lure back on shore twice , required retirement.

Lost two in the waves not a happy chappy.

Funny, no other active fisherman in the area.
Regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 5:43pm
You certainly are a trooper JohnThumbs Up. I hope those lures were timber, because if they were metal lures, you would have to chain yourself to a tree so you wouldn't be blown awayLOL
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 11:16am
Tough dirty conditions yesterday had to cast side on into the wind to try and get  a little bit of distance caught a 59 cm trout on p.j lure had it out for training purposes for lake Pedder

Here is a picture of the lovely fillets.

Regrettably did not have the camera with me to take a shot of the fish with the lure in its mouth

Regards John

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 11:41am
He is a shot of the dirty weather we have had to contend with over recent days.

Note the dirty water.

Fishing into, and side on to the wind were possible to assist casting light lures.

Visitors were on the other side protected to some degree from the elements with zero results.

Harder to fish with lures, on our side

Fish being fought on a snowy minnow.

Both shots taken same area.

The second shot shows nothing in the background as does the first and it is the same area.
Regards John

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 12:21pm
your on fire john.....good to see
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 5:45pm

You must have Viking blood in you John Wink Almost looks like when we fish the coast lines here in DK. Ones again thanks fore putting a smile on my face, using my Lures Thumbs Up

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 7:06pm
Great going John and PJClap
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 11:23am
What a difference a couple of days make.

Same area.

Regards John

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 12:41pm
that's beautiful John rough or calm,i envy you mate
that's no how ye make porridge!
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 9:00pm
Had any Barra bites yet John

The Journey is the Reward

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 9:33pm
SURFS UP (lets go surfin' now everybody's learning how lets go on a surfari with meeeee...). You would expect the trout to be just behind that shore break snaffling anything being dislodged by the waves.
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 9:50pm
Your on the money Martin, but just hard to locate.

9 1/2 hours lure casting (( two arvo's))  had one hit /swipe /.   Then zero result.

Barry ,no need for accurate casting like up there in Cape York  in those snag infested rivers.

Full moon keeping things quiet at night.

Regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 7:58pm
Grabbed a couple of hours fishing this arvo before the front took over. Water a chocolate milk colour due to the very strong winds over the past 3 days and two fronts had passed through.

Very poor visability.

Very very  fresh,but well rugged up,  my first time to experience all the eyes on the rod freezing over as the wet line was brought in.

Nailed a 64cm 2.8kg spawning  Brown which was regrettably empty, (( not one item in the stomach)) really should have been a 3kg fish

Worked very hard fishing into the wind, and was rewarded with a great fight and decent size fish.

My largest to date.

Caught on top, with Snowy Minnow just under the  surfing waves, lure resting on rock.

Regards John

LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 8:09pm
Very nice John.Well done with the perseverance.
We let go 2 jacks and a barra this arvo.

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 9:34pm
You are struggling John. But seems it pays off. Thanks fore sharing Smile
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 7:22pm
John's been trying to neuter himself with the cold againDead DeadDeadLOL- but at least it's paying offClapClapClap.
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 9:57pm
Two this arvo, late , (Snowy minnow) very rough conditions,  snow put me off early in the arvo and I returned home. 

Tried again after front pushed through.

Just did not want to get bogged in the Magna. 

A chap stopped me on the road on the way home,  and asked how I went, he and  I were the only ones braving the conditions.

He had not had an enquiry,  (( bait fishing sitting in the car the whole time)) but thought I might have done a bit better roughing the elements, wading and casting into the waves.

Spotted me making a couple of trips to the boot with net in hand

Regards John

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 7:03am
I have had a bit of traffic on and off the site about  fishing up here and sent this off to a mate last night that maybe of interest to you.

By way of background.

Many cast later (like we all do.)  I had a situation.

Did i hit a rock, log, bottom, some slight resistance noted in the turbulent conditions at the time.

Worked the dirty, rough water in an  160 angle, and the following occurred.

Around 12-14 casts later, working the top of the water column.

"The first trout today rode the wave and launched onto the lure as I was lifting out of the wave.

I viewed it hitting the lure out of the water virtually at my waders , most unusual experience.

Cannot wait till tomorrow, retirement is great."

Reminiscent of a hot saltwater bite,  but in a completely different setting.

Regards John
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 9:56am
John I think that is what makes lure fishing so exciting that one memorable take that always keeps us coming back.
Not always good for the old ticker was thinking you need to change the heading to the daily fishing report keep them coming.

Cheers Graeme
Tyenna Dave View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tas Highland Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyenna Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 12:38pm
Awesome work John with pics and fish ,nice to see you and Per's lure in serious training to Thumbs Up
Cheers and see you at the Bake ...
Dave ...
Trout extractor !
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 1:38pm
You are killing me john! Trout launching at lures in mid air....living the dream....well done.
Jas

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 6:38pm

When I am wading and fishing Sea-Trouts in fjords/coastline in rough weather I always leeds the rod tip slowly behind me, as I have had strikes just as I was to lift the Lure off the water like you. Damned hard to fight them on 1m. line Stern Smile doing this I have a little more chance to hook and fight the fish. Again thanks fore take the time "to take us fishing with you John" It is always with great pleasure I open your reports my friend. KEEP FIGHTING Big smile

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 9:07pm
First cast this morning (watched him take it) then not another enquiry.  58cm just over 5lbs

Returned around  4pm (water dirtier) caught a further two finally broke the 6lb mark ( 2.9kg) 63cm in great condition

I thought the first one in the morning was built like a freight train. the fish in the arvo was actually slightly better in condition.

Regards John

The smaller trout looks like it has visited the salt water

Extremely large yabbies found in the stomach of the larger one.

Note::  The net  is getting smaller or the fish are getting bigger. Minnow in mouth.

I think slightly better condition than this mornings fish.

In good nick 58 cm

Minnow in the net this mornings effort

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 9:11pm
The fisherman (three cars)  using bait on the sheltered side made no dashers to their rods whilst i was fishing there.

Complete inactivity on their part.  (wrong side)

Regards John
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 9:44pm
You really found your way there John. that is really great. Stunning fish you get Thumbs Up
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 1:10am
Nice mate ....
REMEMBER FOOLS RUSH IN WERE ANGELES FEAR TO TREAD
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 6:08am
Your a bloody machine!!

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 7:18am
Well done John.....keep the reports coming mate!
cheers steiny
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 8:52am
John what is the yearly bag limit on the lake.
You must be approaching it now.

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 12:52pm
that's some good fishing John those browns are snodgers,good to see your hard work paying off mate
that's no how ye make porridge!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 3:31pm
Barry there are a lot of days that are zero.

Chris, it is a learning curve every day, and no exams either.

I never even bothered to go down to the Lake this time last year due to the bad weather, how wrong was I.

Regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 7:46pm
Well done JohnClap, you really are building up the knowledge bankThumbs Up
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 8:44pm
I will have a Fugley THANKS.

Calm and clear tough day at the office, needed to be low down. even though there was plenty of weed
(dead grass)

Very nice markings.

Regards John

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 29>
  Share Topic