LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fishing Report Eucumbene this Weekend

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JKR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:48pm
That brown looks to be in much better condition than the previous run of slabby browns.

Is it a spawner, or as fat as it looks?

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 7:52pm
Hi Chris

Thanks to Martins efforts and Hazmail (Pete) to store, everything worked out well.

JKR  I was was not close when it was cleaned but will make an enquiry tomorrow, much better nick though than what we have seen for a long time.

Tried to rally  the troops today, but no takers.

I was the only one on the Lake in our area, gave it a good shot, but never saw a fish or have an enquiry.

Regards John

Just light drizzle, not as cold as yesterday but around 5c to 3c

Part of our food problem can be seen in this picture , dirt,and  stones, no grass or  trees any where near the water.

In the evening no insects also no bats. 

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:01pm
that is a nice chunky brown John. Next year I ink I'll leave my trip south a little later, and maybe combine it with the Lure Expo if it is in June again. I'll just have to remember to pack more of the cold weather gear
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:25am
Was able to confirm the brown was a non breeder.

Very good condition compared to what was available previously.

Reports to date are poor for  the number of fish moving up the Eucumbene river to spawn.

Due to poor season less fisherman chasing them.

More showers / heavy rain would be welcome.
-4 to -5 mornings kicking in more regularly. No snow in area yet.

Trout fishing meeting at Jindabyne this arvo/ evening  (3-45 to 8pm) heard yesterday 80 have registered,one  travelling from  Canberra,

I believe Lake Eucumbene is at the level it reached around 6-8 August last year already.

If the water continues to leave till we get some decent rains it will be a very low lake this year.

Scored another rod ,reel, lure lost during last season, exposed as the lake dropped

Regards  John

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:26am
Away for four days " trout withdrawals symptoms kicked in"

Rugged up, due to cold spell and snow fell overnight in the surrounding hills higher up.

Worked hard in the conditions, only found one fish, 61 cm ,released, large head lacked condition for this time of the year caught in very dirty water in the  shallows 

just before dark.

Lures were weed prone, but that was were the fish were.

The tougher it is the more enjoyment you get if you find a fish.

regards John

MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 7:51pm
Good to see you back and back into the rough conditions again.Also good to see it snowing down there and you be able to get the ski's on to pick up the mail.LOLWink 

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 7:24pm
Attended the Trout Strategy meeting on Thursday at Jindabyne and will pop up an article that issued today in the Monaro Post that cover it very well.

Scored some very detailed Fresh water (non tidal Maps on river systems for NSW.

Fish active in the rough weather once again at Lake Eucumbene. 

It seems to me at this early stage due to the lake low water conditions many of the fish are not spawning this year.

Regards John

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 7:38pm
I hope the writing is large enough.

I am not sure how to make it any larger

Maybe of interest to those who frequent the area
Regards John

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 8:35pm
LOLThe island I refer to when the water is rough and the fish are on the chew feeding on yabbies.

Should not have to wait that  long to walk across to it.

Lower than last year  NOW               May 22  26.5 %

Regards John

Yens bay and cemetery getting very  very low.

Note the soak, very important for fly fishing when the water rises.

Also know as Mad Dogs corner where he caught a lovely rainbow and had a double cramp seizure eventually in both legs and played in the mud until he finally received some relief from the pain.
LOLLOLLOL

MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 43 minutes ago at 8:25am
I love cramps bay even if I had a episode of the cramps in both legsLOLCensored Censored
Looking forward to my next visit and hopefully catching a nice Rainbow they are the best on light gear.

Cheers,
Mad Dog
Life is fishing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
  Share Topic