Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FISHING WITH MY SON

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FISHING WITH MY SON
    Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 8:48am
As my daughter was at here riding lessons this afternoon. And there is a fine little lake near by, i asked my 9 year old Son if he would like to go fishing there with me. We spent a couple of ours at the Lake, and he out fished me with 3 to 0 Unhappy It is not big Fish as you can see. But the pleasure of him being together with me, and visa versa, was Hugh
Of course i forgot the camera but toke a Pict. of him, when we came home.
Was at the Lake Sunday, trying to get a Pike on one of Verlons surface fizzer´s, Petris Lures and some of Darcy´s But no luck.
Toke a Pict of the Lake that day. 

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
mdlures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
MD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 8:57am
Good on you P.J, it's always a great feeling to watch your children light up when they catch fish !  

cheers
Mark
MDlures
traditional hand carved fishing lures
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 9:05am
Thanks Mark
Am pretty sure i now where my Son and i am next Wednesday, meanwhile Wife and daughter is foundling with Horses
Fishing Don't you think Wink 

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 12:18pm
good to see the young fellow out fishing...........might have to send him a lure or twoWink
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 3:25am

Jason you would fore sure make his day, if he recived a Lure all the way from Australia. showed him the Pict. on L.L. That made him very proud. He has also seing a lot of the things here on L.L. And many times i have heard. OOVVVVV that one one i woud like to have. When he sees some of the great Lures you guys have made

He also made me promis, that i choud make him a Lure with skin from the Fish he have cought. It is laying in the Freezer waiting.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 5:17pm
My first fish was a porcupine fish, had it in a jar of metholated spirits. Was very pleased with myself especially as dad didn't catch a thing. Your son will have fond memories of that day for a long time.Thumbs Up
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 7:34pm

YEA horrorhead he is already talking on going fishing next wednesday, were my Daugther and Wife are gong to the Horses again. Hope i can take the things Petri have told me, and make my son a fishskin lure he can keep in memory of that day.

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 7:55pm
that looks like a great place to fish P.J. our kids always seem to outfish us dont they?.hope you guys get some good fish on wednesdayThumbs Up
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 8:38pm
Thanks Chris. Yes it is a very nice and in Denmark, most of all clean little lake with a good population of Pike, perch and roach. My local fishing club have sponsored a boat, and laid it out in the lake this Spring. Then members cud get a key to the Lock and use it as fit. But some  Censored  persons have vandalized it so much, it can´t be repaired. So we use a little Wood Pier to fish from. Would have been nice to go out and troll him a Pike.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 6:29pm
We went fishing again this Wednesday, when sister and Mom were at the Horses.
But the Fish would not bite. My Son stood in 2 ours very concentrated (like the  Pict) looking at the float, waiting on a Fish to pull it under. But no, thy would just not bite this day.
In the end i finally caught a little Roach, "and was the man of the day" getting the rights to tease my soon, calling him a lousy Fisher the rest of the Week, until next Wednesday. As he did to me last time LOLLOLWink 

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Tyenna Dave View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tas Highland Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyenna Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 6:40pm
Intense concentration there on the young fella PJ !
Looks like the days of you being "man of the day" are numbered Ouch
Top looking peice of water too Thumbs Up
Dave ...
Trout extractor !
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 7:27am
The weather has being very bad lately. Lots and lots of rain and wind. but to day it was OK. So as usual when the girls were at the Horses, Patrick and i went to the Lake.
And yes he did it again, out fished he´s Dad Unhappy In the first throw he got a little Perch. Properly the last in the Lake, because it was the only one we caught in 2 ours.
I got a good laugh, when Patrick wanted to pee. The Wood Pier we are standing on, is a bit lose and the one section goes a bit under Water, when standing on it. Any how Patrick went at shore to Pee, and i was watching his Rod mean while. When he got back, he said : look dad, my booths are tight when pured a lot of Water out of first the one, and then the second booth. He had forgotten, not to stand to long on the lose part of the Pier LOLLOLLOL

Must say it was a hungry little bugger that Perch.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 10:04am
Nice scenery Per, it's good to have a day out with your boy..ClapClap
My kids have all grown up  and not interested in fishing anymore
so I'll have to wait now for the grand kids to come along...WinkWink
you have redfin over there are they introduced or wild stock???
Have a good day ..Pete..SmileSmileSmileSmile
I'd rather be fishing with

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 6:17pm
Yes Pete we are really having some very good time catching these "big" Fish.
The redfins are wild stock. Will find them in almost every lake in Denmark. Hope one day we cud catch so many and a bit larger, as Patrick are Keen to try eat them. My kids love eating Fish. I did that when thy were younger : If thy found a bone thy got a reward (a couple of coins) That way the Bones suddenly was interesting to find. Not disgusting. Think thats a good way to make our children eat Fish. Many of our Friends children won´t eat Fish because of the bones.
Hope you get to spend a lot of fishing ours with the grand children.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 8:15pm
good to see the young fellas still keen p.j...............very serios about it by the look on his face onthe pier............good to see.
Jas

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 9:30pm
PJ, you might have to ask for lessons off your sonLOL. Just hope he doesn't charge too much. Good stuff.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 9:50pm
Yea i don't now how he do it. Right now i am just " a lousy fisher" WinkLOLLOL
Next time we will try another nice little lake, near by. Hope i have more luck there. Need to restore my ego a bit right now Confused 
If that doesn´t do the trick, i need to ask him fore some help Big smile
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 3:58am
Don't feel bad Per, my granddaughter beat me fishing when she was small and again after she turned 19. She picks the right lure everytime we go.
The best to Y'all,
Verlon
Baitman
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 5:27am
Per it is great to see you taking the young fella fishing Clap I love taking my kids fishing and they always seem to do better than I do Cry But I would not have it any other way Wink
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
mdlures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
MD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 7:15am
Hi P.J,  this is my young bloke Zac with his flathead he caught a couple of months back. This was supose to be a lesson in soft plastics for him LOL oh well at least I learn't something Embarrassed

cheers
Mark
MDlures
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 7:37am
Verlon. Yes i saw that post were your Grand daughter beet you quit well Big smile Sure you loved that very much Wink
Gary. i can understand you love fishing with your children. Nothing better than these moments we can spend together, when thy are Yong. Just hope it goes on long in to the teenage years. 
My daughter also like to fish, and she is beginning to ask when i take here out. So maybe it wont be long before there goes a tread named : FISHING WITH MY DAUGHTER LOLLOL 
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 7:44am

That is some nice Flathead your son got there Mark. I am not that much into Aussie species, but is that not serious big ???

I Regen the thing you learned was : that the Flathead can grow as big as that one WinkLOLLOLLOL
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
mdlures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
MD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 8:14am
P.J, flathead can grow over a metre in length and potentially reach about 20lb. Although specimen's like that are quite rare, they still get caught regulary up to 6-7kg & are not the sort of thing you want hanging off your fingers LOL

cheers
Mark
MDlures
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 8:22am

OK. didn´t now thy got that big. Still it is a big fish in the hands of a bloke that yong. Very nice catch

Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 1:18am
Friday Patrick and i went to the usual Lake fore a couple of ours fishing. But there were a lot of wind, and after ½ our without any luck, we decided to try another Lake named Navnsø (sø = Lake) near by. Here we were lucky to get 6 fine Roach. 6 each "so no lousy fisher this week" LOLLOL
I made a little video to show here. But did not think, and hold the Digit Camera up side, so you need to lay down to look at it UnhappyEmbarrassed So you need to settle with some Pict. Next time i will try to get it right. Big smile

THESE 6 FINE LITTLE ROACH IS NOW SKINNED, AND LAYING IN THE FREEZER, WAITING TO COWER SOME WOODEN LURES.

THOUGHT YOU SHOD SEE THE VERY FIRST FISH PATRICK CAUGHT WHEN HE WAS 5 YEARS OLD. HE WOULD NOT TOUCH IT, SO I PUT IT ON A STICK, SO WE CUD GET A PICT. LOLLOL
OOH MY GOOD HE´S FATHER WAS PROUD Big smileBig smile
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 8:39am
Baitman
mdlures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
MD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 9:12am
that's a nice trout for a 1st fish ! well done Patrick, I can see why you'd be proud P.J 
can't wait to see the fish skinned lures when there finished...

cheers
Mark
MDlures
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 9:25am
good pics again p.j good to see you guys out and about together, nice trout.
Those roach are like our mullet.
jas

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 9:32am
Originally posted by CircleVbaits CircleVbaits wrote:

Thanks fore the nice words Verlon Laff
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 9:44am
Thanks Mark.
I hope to get the hang on both the Air brush and fish skin soon. Have a lot of ideas to try out. Can remember when i first started to make my Spoon i had tons of ideas in the start and still get them. Same way now starting on Wooden Lures.

Jas. I actually think we have the same Mullets, coming visit during the Summer. Thy are in the Saltwater, and only eats the vegetation. Very strong and shy/difficult to catch. Have tried on flies, but never got one. Will try find a Pict. to put up.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 7:37am

Today i toke my son to the local Stream (Trendaa) It was the first time he should try fishing in a Stream. We used live Worm as usual. But on a much larger hook. The Stream has some nice big Sea-Trout My Son did a great job fishing, lessening and following my advise, in how to float the Worm in good position on its way down stream. And it paid of, as he got a very nice little Brown Trout. That made him very proud as you can see.

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Tyenna Dave View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tas Highland Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyenna Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 8:28am
You are teaching him very well PJ !
Also its great to see a small peice of your local stream .
Very nice Thumbs Up
Dave ...
Trout extractor !
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 8:54am
Thanks Dave
Even if it looks fearly straight, there is about 1½-2 m. dept just were my Son stands on the first Pict. And the banks is well undermined. That and some vegetation on the botton, gives the Fish lots of places to stand.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 8:56am
Youre a good dad!!Smile
that little brown trout is beautiful.
l want to fish DenmarkSmile
Anthony.
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 9:30am
If you ever come to Denmark Anthony, i will be happy to guide you on some of the places i now. If i take a map over Denmark, and drove a circle of 100 km. round were i life. There is 3 god Fjords, East coast, Vest Coast, and about 20 Sea-trout Streams. 2 of them with Salmon up to 25 kg. But must say every were you wont to Fish the Streams in Denmark, you need to pay fore it. So i cant afford to Fish every were. Also need to pay a License to the State. That money comes back, as they are used in different ways, to help getting more Fish
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic