Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FISHING WITH MY SON

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 11:20am
Thank you PJ and the offer is the same here...... though hopefully l will have a boat by then and l can take you and  explore many places freshwater and saltwater for many species of fish.Smile
l am still making some lures for you... my apologies for time....but l made a lure called "Cannibal" and many wonderful people at Lurelovers wanted them and another 10people at work wanted 60more so l am going crazy with trying to fulfill requestsLOL
Regards as always,
Anthony.
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 6:01pm
Always nice to have an open invitation THANKS. Hope some day to fulfill it. Have always being a big wish to go to Australia and New Zealand to Fish.
Sounds god with my Lures, but just take it easy, now need to hurry. I am also getting there with the Combo Frogs. Have being going a bit slow lately, because my health problems. But nearly finished 24 pieces. It is the first really lot i am making of them, so it have being very fun to try out the difrent prosesses along the way. Think i have manegé fairly well.  Like you there have being some interest from L.L. so i hope that will be enough in the first round. Nice so many people like to swap, and i am really looking forward to get some more Aussie Lures.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 7:37pm
Good to see PJ, your son does look very proud. They are a beautiful fish and I bet your son loved looking at it. Martin
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 10:01pm
good stuff p.j.............the young fellas looking very serious about his fishingThumbs Up
Have not forgotten your lures, been trying to keep up for months, but time runs away quickly, they will arrive eventually!
Still havent painted your combo lures yet! hopefully get a bit of time this weekend.
And hope to get a few pics of fish on them for you soon.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 10:59pm
Thanks Martin.
Yes my Son was very proud. The word coming out his mouth when i toke the Pict was. YYEEAA now i have caught a Brown Trout to.
Jas. I am sure a new Fisher is born, He is very serious. This Weekend the "Girls" have sleep over at the riding school, so there is only us 2 "Men" at home. Wonder what cud happen then Wink
Only thing to do about the Lures you are making to me : STOP fishing until thy are made LOLLOLLOL 
Get some Paint on my Combo´s and get out there Angry So i can See some Bass dinging from them Thumbs Up
I also hope son to "shove of" my first Combo Frogs. Fell thy have being taken ages to finish.
Just found out to day, that i had dropped one on the floor, and the FCensoredG Dog had trashed it. Now i have got the idea of making a HUGH FLUFFY BLACK DOGGY HAIR Files DeadDeadDead when the Combo´s are finished Big smile
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 11:55pm
black dog nymphs work very well on the trout P.J ,especially if the dog is femaleWinkLOL
thats a beautiful brown trout your boy caught ,i think he has the makings of a great fisherman
BlueyNT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueyNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 12:42am
Pj ,
I also spent some time last week end fishing with my Son , he is a bit older than your boy (25 yrs) , I live 300ks from him and drove up to darwin .
We spent the Friday fishing a few salt water creeks around Darwin and got a couple of mud crabs ,but sadly no fish .
Saturday we went to a big fresh water wetland billabong , called Coroboree and fished there for Barramundi and Saratoga , my Son nailed a Saratoga and a small cat fish .Both returned to the water.
Had a great time despite the results . Sadly the only picture I got was of one of the residents of the water hole  ,a 12 ' crocodile .We saw quite a few during the day cruising the water ,and another on the bank sunning himself ,unfortunately he was less than happy having a picture taken and crashed into the water before I could get a good shot. .

We will be going fishing again soon ,hopefully we will do better of the fish front ,its great to spend time with your kids even if they are grown up.

Kev.

I'm not young enough to know every thing .
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 2:30am
Hello Per, seems as if the youngster is a good fisherman already.
I'm sure he had a good teacherThumbs Up
Verlon
Baitman
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 3:20am
Yea Chris. Some years ago i had a female German Sheppard. Made some Flies of the hair i brushed of here. Made a very good Dubbing to the body. Also toke some Tail hair to make Wings of. Those to combined gave me a few decent Sea-Trout.
I hope the Weekend weather is behaving, so we can get out to the Water. Right now we are in the Fall with lots of heavy wind and rain.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 3:32am
Yes Kev. it is very nice to spend some quality time with our kids. Hope my Son/and Daughter still think it is fun to be with dad in the age of 25.
Nice you had a great time, and great photo of that Crock. Must be a very special experience to fish among these, at one time, both scaring and very fascinating creatures
Hope you soon get the time to fish again, and have a bit more luck
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 3:38am
Verlon
I can tell you : he had the best teacher in the world WinkLOLLOLLOL
We are talking about making he´s first Flies, and next Summer perhaps learn to fish them. Lets see how it goes.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 7:27pm
good stuff p.j.

LOLyes mate thats half the problem!! I spent winter in my shed experimenting making lures, and now all my time is work................rush home............rush to a creek.................test a few lures...... catch a few fish...........rush home............family time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And in the meantime you guys are waiting patiently for me to send you promises ive made!
Its true......................sooooooooooooooo next few weeks I plan to complete all promises and not fish till they are done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLwell thats the plan anyway
Jas

barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 8:23pm

Barney....waiting for 'GreenSpotted Lure'  LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 8:44pm
Now thats very funny anthonyLOL
havent had a good old laugh that bought tears for a while.......cheers mateThumbs Up
made my day................post to self.........green spotted lure,green spotted lureLOL
hope STICKO dont see this post...hes waiting for one of those same green spotted lures from around the same time!.............sorry guys..getting a complex
Anthony.........suggest protein diet for you  mate
sooo funny
cheers

Jas

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 9:03pm
[QUOTE=Nicho]good stuff p.j.

LOLyes mate thats half the problem!! I spent winter in my shed experimenting making lures, and now all my time is work................rush home............rush to a creek.................test a few lures...... catch a few fish...........rush home............family time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And in the meantime you guys are waiting patiently for me to send you promises ive made!
Its true......................sooooooooooooooo next few weeks I plan to complete all promises and not fish till they are done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

LOLwell thats the plan anyway
Jas
ANY ONE BELIEVE IN HIM AFTER THIS LAST REMARK. DIDN´T THINK SO
ME NEITHER LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLWink

Sounds great Jas. Really looking forward to hold one of your "spotted ones" But as i have told before, the Winter, and Trout season in the Streams is closing in. So just take it easy with my Lures. Not that i can´t fish the Winter. There is nothing as bad weather, only bad cloth. Must say the last 2 Winters was so hard, everything was closed (frozen) Try look at these Pict. BIT HARD TO GO FISH AT THE STREAMS Disapprove And this is in the early stage of the Winter. We got a lot more Snow than that. And Temp. about minus 20 degrees at night, but only 10 to 15 minus at day.
If every thing don't freeze this Winter, i will be chasing the Trout in Saltwater, when the Streams is closed. normally the big ones is gone upstream to do there job. But some offend really big is staying out in the Fjords. These are the main target.

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 9:11pm
[QUOTE=barneyminno]

Barney....waiting for 'GreenSpotted Lure'  LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

looks like people are getting a bit inpatient jas LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 9:13pm
Man, I saw frost once this winter - that was cold enough. You would have to be keen to fish in snow like this. Martin
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 11:07pm
FROST Confused isn't that the stuff inside the freezer???? Ermm  I haven't seen a good frost since I left the Darling Downs LOL

OHH and I luv BONEYMINNOW LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  THATS GOLD
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 5:29am
The Weekend with " to home alone" is now over. Patrick and i went to the Put&Take lakes where he caught he´s very first Rainbow Trout, in hope of coming home with a couple of them.
Bought us 2 ours of fishing time to start on. We cud see the Trout going slowly around. There was a lot of them, but even tho we tried Worm, power bait, spinner, spoons and flies we cud not catch any of them. Once and a while there was caught a trout by other People at the Lake. We just did not have the luck.
Had the opportunity to learn Patrick how to fish with Spinner and Spoons. So that he also can manège  now.
The Danish weather have being very nice the past week. dry sun, up to +20-22 C so we had a very good time out.
The day was not a total waist, as to fish. We caught a very small Perch each. So as my Son said. Now you have skin till to more Lures, thats a good thing Dad Big smile 
Patrick at the Lake
Patrick toke a last look at the small Perch, before i made them in "spare" parts Wink
And thought thy shod give each other a goodbye kiss LOLLOL

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 7:04am
you boys are living the dream!..........good to see.
Jas

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2011 at 10:51pm
Patrick have a class made to sleep over this weekend. He has never hold a Fishing Rod in his hand. So i decided to take the boys to the small pam near by. We spend a good couple of ours in decent weather. Unfortunately the fish was "on vacation" not even a bite on the worms. But i manège to learn Patricks mate (Mikkel) how to throw the floater and Worm out. Patrick toke over and helped Mikkel so i actually got quit good at it. It was a great pleasure to see my Son in a really good way instruct hes made. So even thy didn´t get any Fish, thy both were very happy and proud. Patrick, as he had learned Mikkel to throw the Lure. And Mikkel he now manège to fish. So we all agreed, to do it again some other day.
Mikkel and Patrick at the Pam
Our House are laing about 30 meters behind the House under the marking arrow.

Concentration, concentration and concentration Big smile

Mikkel in process of making a very long cast. Notice the positions of the legs, the concentrated look in the ayes, and the lips hold firmly together with the teeth, so he really get some power in that throw LOL

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 8:12am
The weather was quit nice today. + 4 C. Sun and not much wind. the Girls were at the Horses. Patrick thought it was a nice weather, and he asked if we cud go to the little Lake near by. I said yes, and we dogged some Worms. Told Patrick he needed some good cloth, so he would get cold. He is a bit of a Viking. So when i said he should take something on the head, and maybe a couple of Gloves, he said now.
Well we went to the Lake and started fishing. There was a couple of Swans there and suddenly thy toke of. Patrick had never seeing them do that before, and were very excited over thy used their Feet to help, and nearly was running on the Water.
Well nothing happened the first ½ our, and Patrick began to Freeze, as the sun went back some clouds, and there came a little wind. Tried to get Patrick to move around, so he cud get more warm, but he had giving up. Just as we talked of getting home, i got a bite and caught a nice Perch. Got Patrick to take a Pict. and let it go again. So i am back in the league again LOL
Well home i made us a good hot cup of chocolate, some micro popcorn. And we sad down talking about the trip. Patrick said that he would wait until Summer when the weather was more warm, before fishing again. So this is properly the last report with Patrick in a looong time

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 10:12am

YES we are in buisness again.

Sunday Patrick had invited me out in hes new Boat. We skipped the girls at the Riding School and headed to the little Lake near by, in hope of Patrick cud get hes first Pike. He started out with The Aqua Mouse he got as a present from Jas. He really loves that he can se how it goes. I let him fish, and made sure the Boat was in good position fore him. We fished a lot of weed along the banks, but the pike wasn´t there today. Asked Patrick if we should change to some Perch gear, as i have heard from a couple of freinds, thy have got some nice ones a couple of days before. But he isisted in trying to get a Pike, and we changed hes Lure to the special skin(roach) Lure i had giving him. I was giving a test on the 3 colered i have made with holow back. Patrick would like to lay down the Stern and enjoy the Summer weather we finally have got, with nice Sun about 23 C. and just a slight brezee. So with the Rods hanging from the holders i slowly was rowing the Boat over about 2½-3 m. when i hooked one. Gave Patrick my Rod and said he cud fight it, to learn how it would be when he got one. I toke his Lure in and showed him to adjust the brake. He fighted the Pike about 70 cm. well and i toke a couple of Pict. as we still had the last one i caught on Barneys Lure in the Freezer, i said to Patrick we would let this one go. Relesed it in the Water, and we started trolling again along the one side of the Lake. No hits there, and turned back. When we came to the spot where i got hit, Patrick Rod bent, but imidiatly straighnet out again. I said you just have had a hit, and he got up looking at the Rod. 4 Oar tags more and he screamed : DAD I HAVE FISH Shocked
Gave him the Rod and he started the Fight. It was a fighsty one that gave him a good fight, with lots of out burst From Patrick when it jumped ore dived with the singing sound from the Reel. Well on the deck, and put to sleep we measured it to 69 cm. I dont think any one on ore Around the Lake, had any doubt that he had got a Fish. Not just because of Patriks joy, as i think my joy was as loud as hes Embarrassed YES HE GOT ONE and on the special Lure i made to him. Cud just not be better Big smile

THE FIRST PIKE ON MY ROD.

PATRICK FIGHTING HE´S PIKE

WHEN WE GOT TO SHORE, HE HAD TO ADMIRE IT FORE THE NUMBER ??? TIME AGAIN Big smile

AND WHEN WE GOT HOME, MUM AND SISTER GOT THE STORY ABOUT THIS CRUEL MONSTER, THAT NEARLY DRAG HIM IN THE WATER, SEVERAL TIMES LOLLOL

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 10:24am
Great result p.j.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 10:25am
great read p.j........nothing beats the excitment of a kid when they hook a fish....you are doing a great job mate....patrick will be hooked for lifeClap
Jas...

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 10:38am

Thanks John and Jas

I did not think it cud happen i got hooked more. but must admit these trips with Patrick "have droven the Hook deeper in my soul" Wink
Jas i am sure you soon will see a Pike caught on the aqua Mouse. He is very keen to get one on that
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 11:25am
that would be an interesting catch on the Aquamouse p.j I would like to see it.........bass love it, and ive got a few trevally also...but a pike would be great......thanks
I imagine it would swim quite well being towed slowly behind the row boat
Jas

barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 3:33pm
Per , that is a great story and l am very happy that Patrick got his first Pike on your special lureSmile
That is just awesome , and the photos are great too , especially Patrick fighting fish from the boat! 
Regards as always , 
Barney.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 4:16pm
nice work fellas!Thumbs Up
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 12:07am
A little uipdate on Patrick Pike Ermm
This is how it looked like yesterday 45 min. before dinner
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 12:47am
Per, why wasn't I invited for dinner??????????63
Verlon
Baitman
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 2:57am

Verlon you just come over, and we wil go get a Pike. Then give it the same treatment as this one, as we enjoy a couple of good Danish Beer Beer

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 7:18am
fish and beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? Im on my way.Thumbs Up

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

fish and beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? Im on my way.Thumbs Up

Also have a good blended scotch (Famous Grouse) Sure you are welcome to Jas Approve
By the way : Make a sea-Trout same way, With fresh Potato's, and Sauce made on the juice from the ingredients YUM YUM
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 1:15pm
stop it PJ your making me hungry and ive only just had lunchLOL.man those pike are beautiful fish ,what is a good color and action for a lure for one of those ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic