Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FISHING WITH MY SON

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 6:33pm

I can tell you one of our freinds, who dont like Fish at all, was tasting a cold bite. And she said that it tasted very good.

Chris the Pike is generally not that difficult to get teased. Many times if the Lure gets in range thy will get it. But as with all Fish, some times i have to work true the box to fiend the right Lure to tease them.
Would say a lure that imitates the bait fish were thy live, you don't do wrong with. Ore some thing that goes way out. Heavy colors are some times good. Take a look in my Flie box. The one on the lid is actually the one i have caught most on in a large Stream i have fished a lot years back. Many prefer a large bushy one of a lot of flash materials, but this tine slim one BAM Shocked Think you have the bait fish effect in that one. The best action on a Lure would ether be very quick movements, as a Fish running a way ore very slow as a fish coming by the pike, not aver it is in danger, and there fore easy pray   
Here is another little teaser chris Wink
The Spoons under the lid, is some brand new "ebor" Trout models i am making, and thy are coming to your mail box sone mate
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 6:49pm
Ebor trout modelsBig smile...nice work p.j......hopefully one day you will get to visit that place.....its special....just like chrisLOL
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 8:09pm
That would be so great Jas.
But fore now i feel so lucky to have made many friends true here. 
That way i can "get there" any how Thumbs Up and see your beutiful Country
Sending some of my Lures over, and see you guys get Fish on them, just give a extra kick mate
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 8:32pm
YES P.J..thats what its all about mate.......if you cant make the trip, you can still be part of a day in Australia....and only to happy to help you with that.
And its the same for us here Wink
Jas

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 9:59am

3 days ago i finally thought there are going so many Trouts in the local Stream it would be a good idea to take Patrick on a night fishing trip. We drove of at 21.30 and started fishing about 22.00. Chowed Patrick how to fish the modified Tessie, and how to cast the Lure in the Stream, not on the banks. After a short time he got the hang of it, and we started down stream. after 1½ ours of fishing, Patrick have had a follow, that unfortunately did not take the Lure. I did not tell Patrick how big i thought it was, as he was very upset it did not take. But by the Wave it was a VERY nice Trout. We also experienced a Trout coming upstreams, making a nice Wave

a concentrated Patrick at the stream                                                                                                      

After that i asked him if he was interested in seeing where the Stream runs in the Fjord. Also a good place to try fish, as there offend is fish coming up, when there have being some rain, as during the day. Also had that hope Patrick cud see some Trout go from the Fjord in the Stream over the shallow water were thy meet. I have before been lucky to just sit down, and look at this spectacularly show
There was no fish, but as we came out to the Fjord. there was a bird nest with 4 eggs on the ground. Thy were studied very well, and we went home after some good ours of fishing.

Yesterday the weather was so nice we decided to go out on a other Fjord, trying to get Patrick his first Horn fish. (Long John)
The Fish was there and thy were striking the Spoons. But to hook them in that small Horn of a Mouth is another Mather. Patrick lost one just after we started, right beside the boat, and had several on fore a short time. Same thing with me. Only had them a shot time. But finally Patrick manège to get one in the Boat. Not the biggest one, but at least one Smile and by Good he was happy.

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 10:38am
great story p.j.....patrick looks very pleased.
jas

Lofty View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Esoteric Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 10:50am
Its a great way to build a strong bond with your kids,keep up the good work Per.Lofty
Esoteric lures "For The Select Few"
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:41pm
Thanks Jas and Lofty
Jas you think Patrick look very pleased. So you shod have seeing his Dad LOL

Lofty. Nothing would keep me from doing this. It is just so great to share my great passion with my Kids. Have a good feeling my Daughter Pernille is on the next report. She is very eager to come with me next time  
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:10am
p.j.
what time does it get dark in the evening over your way.
We have a number of species of long Tom around Australia some can be quite large especially caught up north but grow rates are not well known. They have always been a hard fish to hook ,and also land ,many throw the hook.
Keep the photos coming
regards John
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 8:23am
John the dark comes about 23.00 think we have lost about 1 our compare to the longest day this Summer. But i can still manège to fish the Sea-Trout all night true. My arms have got way to short the last couple of years, when i tie the line to the Lures, and i need to use glasses Stern Smile But a good night vision i still have Big smile
The biggest Long John i ever have caught was 118 centimeters. That is some years ago, but i have never forgot it, as it was on the Flierod. What a fight. Some of the first that comes in Spring is still that big. But i have not fished fore them in many years.
Have just bought some thing new to get them in the Boat. Some Silk to put where the Hook should be. That should be very efficient, as all the small teeth should tangle and hold on to it quit well. Now we just need some good weather again (only 13 C Rain, and to much Wind) Then both of my Kids and i will give it a try.

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 9:21am
  Thanks p.j. Long hours available for fishing
Called "Needle fish" In the Solomons on caught on Spiders web ,I thought it was on the site somewhere but a search did not locate it.

Regards John

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 10:32am

Toke Patrick on a trip to the local Stream tonight. After i had taken the one last night and lost one, i thought there would be a good chance fore him to get the first Sea-Trout. We started out about 21.00 with Worms downstream where i was yesterday. Plan was to get Patrick familiar with this part of the Stream. In a good curve with a fair deep pool he got the first. a minor about 35 cm. but the first. So a quick Photo and back it went. Headed upstream to the Pool from the other day, and gave the extra Stingray lure Patrick got from Ollie. Also tried a Deep river, but there was not as much as a little brown Trout in the Pool.

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 8:34pm
p.j. i've missed this thread in the past but having read it all now it brought a big smile to my face. I too have shared a long fishing history with my son and I love what you have shared with us. I bet the young fella has the uttmost love and respect for you.
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 11:14am
Poul i also some times go back on this tread, looking and just smile when the different good times comes back in my head.
Here is another that sure will last fore a long time.
Patrick and i went tonight back to the local Stream, looking fore a legal Sea-trout (legal is 40 cm.) Went to the Pool were i have got one. Tried with living Worm first, but no luck. switched to Ollie's 60mm Mac-rey Patrick had won last year. After a few cast he got hit by a nice one about 35 cm. Got it quickly off the Lure and Patrick got to put it back out. We sad down fore a couple off minutes, to let things get quit again. After a few more cast he got hit again and gave it a firmly contra. This was a keeper i immediately cud see, and got Patrick on the feet, as we have nearly crawled to the Pool, and sad on the knees fishing. It gave him a fair fight, with some good jumps, and a screaming reel. But he manège to hold it and soon it slided in the net. Up in the grass it was measured to 46 cm. by a couple off shaking hands, from a very proud Dad. Soon it was a very proud Son that stood in front off the flashing Camera.
Thanks to Ollie fore providing the Lure that gave Patrick his first legal Sea-Trout

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 11:20am
Hi PJ, like ropes I'd missed most of this thread previously.
This is an amazing 'diary' of some great moments with your son.  I'm sure when he is old enough he will also look back at it with very fond memories.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 3:21pm
the smile says it all.......well done boys, special times, which will hold memories foreverClap
congratulations patrick.
Jas

edzard View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Ollie's Stingrays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 8:24pm
Well done PatrickClapClap, the pictures say it all, I bet a very proud Dad.
Great to see the passion for fishing.
Keep them coming.
Ollie 
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 12:52am
Nice fish Patrick!,and on a very good lure tooClapClapThumbs Up
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 6:51am
Way to go Patrick, you have had a good teacher.

Per, that young man is growing up tooooooo fast. Enjoy while you can.
The best to Y'all,
Verlon
Baitman
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 10:14am
Patrick got a full set of fishing gear (waders, Rod and Reel from us. and some nice Lures from Jas) Saturday, as my Wife throw a surprise party to celebrate the Kids 10 years the 17tens and my 50 in September.
Have had many must do things, and some bad weather, but today the time and weather was there. Asked Patrick if we should try the new gear, and 20 seconds later he said i am ready Dad the gear is in the car. Toke that as a yes Big smile and got my gear in to. Well at least i thought so Embarrassed At the stream i found out the raincoat i use was missing Angry As my Daughter had being riding earlier today, here jacket was laying in the car. So to save the trip i toke that on. When Patrick saw me he burst out in laughter so he nearly fell on the ground. I told him if he would like go fish, he had to stop. That he did fore about 2 seconds, and then burst out again saying Dad you just looks so funny in Pernille´s jacket. "damned Kid"  Bet he was right. LOLLOLLOL
Well went to the Pool where he had got the first, with the HORROR HEAD from Jas, sneaked in position and after a few cast he had a very hard hit. Good there was fish, and a few cast later he hooked a nice Sea-Trout. It gave him a nice fight, but the new gear worked a treat, and soon it was in the net. This one was also 46 cm.

YEEEAAHH GOT YOU

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 10:54am
Good job Patrick, nice trout.
Jason, you also did great on the lure.
Verlon

Baitman
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 2:18pm
Good one!
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 3:06pm
Awesome trip.  But where are the pictures of you in your fancy new coat?
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 7:00pm
well done patrick and perClap.......those lures have only been in the country 4 days and youve allready got trout on them!!! thanks guys.
The little lure there was actually made for martin (horrorhead) to take trout fishing on his last trip south, but i had trouble with the clearcoat and did not get the lures to him in time.......anyway, it done the job, just in a different country!!!!!
thanks again....and happy bday patrick
Jas

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 7:45pm
good one PatrickClapThumbs Up
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Ducks Ducks wrote:

Awesome trip.  But where are the pictures of you in your fancy new coat?
Had the feeling some one would pop that question. Sorry mate this was a Fishing trip, not a fashion show LOL 
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 1:36pm
fishing trip hey!!!!    fishnet stockings would go with the coat!

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 3:35pm

good trout PJ, yes all HORRORHEADS catch fishWink. Jason makes a top lure and Patrick is very pleased with himself - good stuff.

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 7:22pm
[QUOTE=Nicho] fishing trip hey!!!!    fishnet stockings would go with the coat![/QUOTE

Think that would turn the misses on mate LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLErmmLamp
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

good trout PJ, yes all HORRORHEADS catch fishWink. Jason makes a top lure and Patrick is very pleased with himself - good stuff.

Can only second that Martin. Sorry you did not get to try them on your Trout trip
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 8:58am
Reopening this post, as my son Patrick are interested in a little fishing again
Today we were on the bigger Lake Glenstrup. 
Nice weather as there was a little wind to break the +28C we have right now
We started towing a couple of auissie Lures. Patrick  anStingray from Ollie Hart and I had a Brad Holman Lure on
About 5 minutes Patriks rod bend all the way down to the handle, and i cud se on the head shakes it was a big Fish. He got it out off the Rod holder, and had to just hold on. But only fore 10 sek. as it went off
Damned I would like him to get that one. Think it was a BIG Pike
Well on to it again and soon Patrick got the biggest Reddie he have caught so fare
I got a nice Reddie aswell. That was it Big smile 
We had a great night on the Lake, and tomorrow the Reddies is going on the Grill

Knaek & Break 
    Patrick & Per

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 2:13pm
Nice Reddies Per! Shame about the big Pike, they would go hard on light tackle...
Fysshe
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 3:38pm
Great going PJ 
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 9:29pm
Well done Per and Patrick. My one goal when I went to England was for a pike and I never got to fish for them.

Reddies would have to be the best eating of all freshwater fish - love them filleted, crumbed and deep friedThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 10:53pm
Nice work Per, reminds me to get out fishing again with my rapidly growing son, gee time flies! 
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic