LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Fly Fishing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FLYS 4 JEWIEs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 12:51pm
FISH get a bit aggro when lunch is winking at them seen this in the past with them eyes there great JOHN ClapClapClapREGARDS BOBWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 1:37pm
Bobby I know you have some new Jewie flys to post up so get to it.
The Journey is the Reward

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 2:20pm
I HAVE some nice off the capt just gotta find the cameraEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 3:17pm
@doc cod . . .

Send me a PM with your details

MXB

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 8:41am

The captain sent my these big bangers the other week for the jewies and the last couple i tied for the school jew, tell us what you think,  thank you Barry.
Regards Bob.
MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 8:57am
What a great bunch of big saltwater flies. Some sensational patterns there.

I reckon those last few prawn imatations will get all sorts of fish . . . Cool

MXB
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 10:40am
THE one on its MXB is a nice fly iam gunna tie some bigger ones like it & the pink &green ones are my efforts WinkLOLLOLLOLLOL
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 11:22am
Nice flies BOB.

And very good pictures too.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 11:30am
get there simon iam tryinWinkWinkWinkWink
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 5:53am
Bob
There is some great looking flies amongst those.
The shrimp pattern looks great.

Just a little query came across an article about a green fly for ludrick. What type of material would you need to tye the fly. Could it be that fluffy ,wispy, material marabou.

Regards John

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 6:10am
JOHN ive tyed some with that mixed with stuff called kinky fibre for them .....ive also got the sissors onto some fake grass astro turf works really good for these too john ....there would heaps of stuff to tie them up in your local craft shop also...ILL have to tie some up in a couple months when they show up thick.......Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bob
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 6:24am
Thanks bob

Have you actually caught luderick on the fly, and do you use it as a dropper.
We have a problem up here as we are restricted to one hook in a number of areas with these fish zones being introduced.

In Tassie abalone guts was the go although very soft to use it was deadly.
What do you use for your head cements they all look great.
Thanks for the tips

Regards John
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 6:45am
THE heads are done with Z epoxy ask for it ayour local tackle shop Ithink igot some from the ALpine angler ive caught alot on the fly when there pretty thick get some strange looks off some of the older blokes until ya pullafish next too them  then they start to raise eyebrows ...I use wt forword cortland with asinking tip two flys therods I use are FENWICKS in straight 7 wt & 10 wt once ya crack this style of fishing its very enjoyable , WE fish with weed for 25 years for them but we like this style at the moment its very very rewarding when ya hit that horse that plays up....regards bobWinkWinkBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 7:19am
Thanks Bob
I have a Fenwick 8ft 9in glass an oldie systems reel will need to get a sinking tip on the spare spool
regards john
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 7:55am
THAT should do the job nicely for ya john get into em its great fun &thats what fishin should be....regards bob
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 8:45am
Hi Bob, Are you still at tying flies???ClapClapClapClapClapwell done mate
you might have to look into a side arm of your business.....LOLLOLLOL
BOB'S LURES and FLIES ....WinkWinkWink....sounds good mate....SmileSmileSmileSmile..Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 9:30am
Bob
Found that article on Luderick on Fly 1994 and have placed it in  the fly section.
Enjoy.
Regards John.

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 1:02pm
TOOCH i still like a bit fluffy stuff from time to time ...SEEN that piece john thanks buddy very innovative for that time dont think there was alt of intrest back than as there is today.......REGARDS BOBBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileLOLLOLLOLCoolCoolCoolApproveApproveApproveApproveApproveApprove
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 7:54am
JOHN have ya tyed any the green weed flys yet mate?????????TongueTongueTongue
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 2:50pm

Bob

Attempting that little task tomorrow also have some good  prawn material for shell bodies to place on site.
You may not have seen it previously.

Regards John
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 3:18pm
SWEET dig a good prawnLOLLOLLOL BOB
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 2:23pm
Bob
My green wool too light and bright slight delay why I secure a better colour
Photo of that prawn body material I use it for catching bait fish and also use it  like a popper when the baits gone it still working, pike, salmon, mullet, flathead  all seem to like it. I was also thinking
 of tying it over a bit of cork. I still have some of those very tiny corks chemist used to put in the bottles before screw tops became popular very hard to fine now a days. It would mean its working all the time then bobbing about like a proper popper.
Also enclosed fresh water prawn somebody tied for me. to good to use nice green eye.
If the iridescent strikes your fancy and you have not used it before  P M me with an address and I will forward some to you to experiment with.

Regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 2:32pm
Photo missing sorry  Bob

regards John

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 4:25pm
THANK john ive got a heap of that in a box here somewere nice flys the bottom couple look as good bass foder bet all of them work on a mirraed of spieces ..IVE fond a couple of the weed flys just got take a few pics mate regards BOBClapClapClapClapApproveApproveApproveBig smileBig smileBig smile
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 8:04pm
Those $2 shops have all sorts of good stuff for tying flies ,fron feathers to fake furr eyes tinsil etc
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 12:10pm
Some really well made flies here I like the silver_blue  for chasing JEWS61
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 6:56am
YA can get some cool stuff in them shops thats for sureBig smileREGARDS BOB
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 7:40am
I really like those big bulky flies that Max has tied they certainly look like they would push some water. Some guys in the WA Flyrodders club put out an article quite a few years ago about fishing fly for mulloway (jewies) in the Swan around the Narrows bridge. Their go to fly was a large clouser in flouro yellow & chartreuse on a 6/0 using Tiewell Sparkleflash. Personally I wouldn't use 34007 hooks on big fish flies as they have a tendency to snap and bend. The best saltwater fly hook by a mile is the Gamakatsu SL12S (Trey Combs designed I believe). Here's a couple of flies I tied for Murray Cod 8-9 years ago when I lived in South Australia but never got around to using them on the cod but did use the black one on Barra in Thailand a couple of years ago catching 4-5 fish up to 82 cm before it got wrecked. The flies are tied out of Mega Hair with flash tied internally and both weed/snag guarded - black one a mono guard,orange one SS wire guard both tied on a 4/0 big red snapper hook not ideal but was the largest hook I had at the time. I just used pliers to bend back the offset. Pat. 
Fool to the bream
manny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 6:07pm

Hey Bigfella how are U going. I like the Flies with the purple ruler next to them. Have U caught anything on that loomis yet? i'll give youa call soon. manny.WinkWinkWink

Manny
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 6:42pm
STITCH up the other night in newy harbour MANNY fishin for jew abit of lure &fly  lost a heap off gear cound"T get past the bloody HAIRTAIL every wherethe bloody things slab some smaller ones up for bait Big smileBig smileregards bob
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 7:56pm
HAIRTAIL, WHERE CAN I GET SOME AROUND SEQLD? Love those fish, one of my favourite eating fish. Used to get a lot off the Southport seaway, then they diappeared from there. Revisited the same tides, moon, conditions , places for a few years then gave up looking for them. Martin
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 6:51am
Big smilethere aLL over the place down here MARTIN 4 to  6 foot long in some holes Big smileregards bob
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 7:53am
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

HAIRTAIL, WHERE CAN I GET SOME AROUND SEQLD? Love those fish, one of my favourite eating fish. Used to get a lot off the Southport seaway, then they diappeared from there. Revisited the same tides, moon, conditions , places for a few years then gave up looking for them. Martin
Martin there was a plague of them up around Mooloolaba about 6-9 months ago with heaps of people having soft plastics shredded by them. I've only caught one on a SP a few years ago in one of the canals. Pat.
Fool to the bream
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 6:24pm
Thanks for rubbing that in B.O.B.Unhappy
Pat- in winter??? I've always previously caught them in the summer months with the full moon being the best.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 6:35pm
Yeah Martin they were in plague proportions between the rockwalls at Mooloolaba and up the canals during mid May last year but were still around for a few months after that some up to 4 feet long. Pat.
Fool to the bream
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic