LURELOVERS™ Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Fishing Tackle discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

foam treble hook point block

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senkosam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: foam treble hook point block
    Posted: 30 Dec 2021 at 9:04pm
For years there was the hassle of getting stuck when taking any lure with a treble hook from other lures having the same. Trying to unhook two or more crankbaits in the box was also no fun. So,  I cut plastic packing material into the shape shown below that allows all three points to be inserted. Lures don't hook each other or me. (BTW not styrofoam which flakes off.)

Have used this idea that I came up with for over 20 years. Guess someone found it in one of my posts and is charging for them. (above photo)
sudanraghu2210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 2:41pm
Hi Frank !!

Thanks for sharing your out of box idea for covering treble hooks for tangle free, by the way what plastic material you used.

Regards, Raghubir
Faith in hardwork with Passion for creativity!! Nothing short of it.
Chep Buxley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 3:33pm
Cheers mate, thanks for the idea
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 6:53pm
great idea cheers Senco SamThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
senkosam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senkosam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 12:38am
Thanks guys.

The material used is the stuff used for mail delivery to transport products that need to be packed tight in the box: plastic foam. (again, not styrofoam which breaks into little pieces.)

I cut flat squares and then cut a slit from one side half way to the center for the hook shaft. The hooks points are then embedded:

I use a lot of small, soft-plastic lures that must be kept straight or the body and tail get deformed. To prevent this, I cut foam rectangles that fit each slot, lay the lures on the floor of the box and push the foam blocks firmly against them so they can't move and become deformed:

The above is looking at the lures from the bottom of the box. Wire loops in the foam on other side are used to take each block out as needed. 

In the same 4x6 box minus partitions, I cut slits in a foam block to hold jigs - segregated by weight and hook size:

For example: the bottom row has only 1/16 oz ball head jigs (note: wire grub grips) in hook sizes starting with #6 (left), #4 (center) and #2 right side.
The row above holds 1/24 oz jigs also seperated by hook size. 

sudanraghu2210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 2:56am
Thanks Frank for sharing the details, very meticulous arrangement in your tool box ............ cheers.

Regards, Raghubir 
Faith in hardwork with Passion for creativity!! Nothing short of it.
senkosam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senkosam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 10:12am
Any time!

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 1:03am
Big smileBig smileI use cigarett fillters the roll ya own ones bought from any smoke shop cheap &they work a treatTongueTongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic