Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Fysshe Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old photos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old photos
    Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 8:30pm
Was trolling through some old pics and found this one. This was 2nd prize lucky draw at the inaugaural Catch and Release comp at Somerset Dam in the early 90's. I donated the collection of lures I was making at the time. I think, from memory, that 1st prize was a Greyhound bus pass! LOL I wonder where the lures are now. Can't remember who won it!
Fysshe
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 8:41pm
Much rather the lures than the bus pass...Nice lures Ian!
cheers steiny
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 8:54pm
That was the general concensus at the prize draw! Confused
Fysshe
ringo View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 7:14am
Awesome prize!  The lures I mean, not the bus pass.
oog663 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Oogs Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oog663 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 3:40pm
Ian in today's money, those 30+ Lures are worth more than that 1990's Greyhound Bus LOL

P.S. Will give you a ring in approx 3 weeks, passing through.

Steve
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 5:27pm
A very nicepize pack for sure good onya IAN nice poppers in there to mateWinkClapregards bob
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 6:30pm
No worries Steve, will put you on the waiting list LOL. Wink Mate just brought this lure back home to roost. I made it for him in 1982 to chase Cod in the New England. I had to make him 4 more Cod lures in return! Confused
Fysshe
oog663 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Oogs Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oog663 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 6:59pm
I see that as a fair deal   Clap     nice to see a few survived , and I've not seen one of yours that shape.

Steve
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 7:35pm
Around the same time we were chasing a lot of bluewater stuff in the Bay. One faction liked the big minnows like Leads and C lures, and another group preferred skirts. I came up with this hybrid to "clean up" LOL. A bit of a fizzer and only one ever made!
Fysshe
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 3:06pm
Just had onother of my old lures return home after a long absence! 1975 I think. Was in mint condition until my mate tried trolling it out the front here and a nasty Pickhandle Cuda chewed it up! He has another one that I'll try to get off him when he comes up next. Nilsie copies (sort of) we made when were on military exercises in the Territory.
Fysshe
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 3:27pm
theres nothing more beautiful than a chewed lureThumbs Up,
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 11:20pm
Eddy Watson (Cedar Lures) is up here atm for some R&R. Been swapping a few lure stories and he produced a lure I made for him over 20yrs ago! One of my original 'Moogerah' lures. This one had the bib in upside down but still swam ok. If my memory serves me right, he got some nice GT's on it in the Boyne River in the early 90's....He has since repainted it as most of the old stuff wore off! Now a "Hybrid"... I dug around and found a couple more in differing sizes, the bigger one now sporting a new coat of paint!
Fysshe
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 6:30am
Nice lures Ian...thanks for posting them and the story up!
cheers steiny
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic