LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Books and Publications > Vintage and Collectible Books and Publications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nice fishing magazines s i picked up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice fishing magazines s i picked up
    Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 4:15pm
Got these books off this good bloke i met today in Dalby. Freshwater fishing Australia mags from the late 80's and early 90's. Just by having a quick glance through these, i see ad and write-ups for downunders, early stumpys, vipers, deceptions and heaps of other lures i'd love to get my hands on.
Excellent condition like new

A 1976 fishing yearbook and a 1993 Book from Starlo

But this one looks the nicest. Even though im not into trout flys
a 2-piece 1994 trout fishing/tying book

fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 8:20pm
love the freshwater mags ..nice score .... i used to make them from around  issue 35 to 67 have a few doubles + of some of those issues still laying around in cupboard ....
dalbykayakin View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 8:58pm
Theres some really cool information in them. One of them has a 'lure shootout' inside it and they test most of the more popular lures of the 80's and 90's and give feedback on them
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 9:01pm
That's a top pick-up Ashley.
I have been chasing a copy of the Lure Shootout edition for 18 months, with no result.

Allan
rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 9:11pm
nice find i collect these magazines and books missing six freshwater fishing from when they first started a lot of historyClapClapClap
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 9:29pm

The guy had a heap more other fishing books these were just the ones that caught my eye. He is trying to get rid of everything he owns coz he wants to go travelling the world again. I might have to stock up on them

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 9:36pm
the issues of freswater fishing australia in the top photo are issues 1,6,8,19,23,24,25,26,27,28 and One called freshwater fishing lures featuring the great lure shootout
rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 10:04pm
you should grab the lot hard to come byWinkWinkWinkClapClapClap
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 11:29am
Originally posted by redfish11 redfish11 wrote:

I have been chasing a copy of the Lure Shootout edition for 18 months, with no result.

Allan

Allan Looks like you're not the only one chasing this edition. After seeing the price the one on ebay sold for a few days ago I'd imagine a few people are chasing it
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 9:40am
I saw the boys had a rush of blood on that auction.
That was a big price for a magazine.

Allan
rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 6:56pm
these are my 50th and 100th freshwater fishing hard and soft copies limited edition
rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 7:33pm
will try to find the lure shootout book and will post pic rocco
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 8:21pm
Hope these help,Shane.
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 10:40am
From memory that 50th edition I think There was around 38000 made and the hard cover I think was 1000 made .... I've got the first one run through the binder ...
rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 6:57pm
you know much about the 100th rocco
rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 9:35pm
number 50 has twelve signatures and number 100 only 100 were made ive been told mine is no 50 SmileSmile
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 12:20am
i didnt make the 100 issue  stopped making it around issue 67-68 i think it was ...the hard cover ones were sent out to be bound , as we pumped the normal out . when we did admin copies for it we would send anywhere between 400-1000 to who they would like sent to ....they would have to be perfect ... but when the job was finished there could be anywhere up to 50 to 5000 books over depending on how well the job ran ... they ended sitting up on racks in case they sold out and needed more otherwise they were thrown out.... .there would be a couple on this site that recieved admin copies ... i can ask some questions if like about hard cover when i go in and say gday next week ...i havnt sewn a book since we did melways and the machine did all that .... 6 sections ?will see if theres any factory orders for this issue in file cupboard  .. one thing i didnt like for a magazine that was to be kept was the shrinkage in the cover,  you will see on the 50th issue in your photo ....cheers aaron
rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 7:18pm
thanks for the info could you ask if all the 50th edition hardcovers were all signed and the 100th hardcover if only one hundred were made cheers roy
rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 8:10pm
pics inside covers
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 10:52am

number 50 out of 100 thats pretty cool to have that.

rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 7:00pm
i was lucky i ordered early and reqested no 50  how did you go with picking up the other mags you were talking about roy
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 12:29pm

He is getting them next time he goes back to toowoomba i think thats where all his stuff is at his old house, he reckons he's got some american and aussie lures he collected from the early 90's as well. He said something about timber rmg stumpjumpers (hopefully a bit of both) so as you can imagine im itchin to wait and see what he has.

rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 7:42pm
i cant wait either roy
manny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 9:32pm
only missing No 1.CryCryCry
Manny
rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 7:07pm
mine was a gift from a mate no 1
Rod Bender View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by dalbykayakin dalbykayakin wrote:

Originally posted by redfish11 redfish11 wrote:

Allan

Allan Looks like you're not the only one chasing this edition. After seeing the price the one on ebay sold for a few days ago I'd imagine a few people are chasing it
If you don't mind me asking, how much was it sold for?
cheers
Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic