LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > LureLovers.com Cottage Industry Lure Market > Red Hunter Fishing Rods
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Logo , please comment .

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Logo , please comment .
    Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 2:53pm
Guys it has taken 4 years , and this is what I have come up with for cards and stickers , any comments good or bad will be taken on board . thanks  Ian
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 2:57pm
Just a little input hope its ok, but you could put a pic of one of your best custom rods on the card as well if possible.

Cheers Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 3:33pm
perhaps 'custom fishing rods' might be more specific.
cheers steiny
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 3:43pm
Hi Ian  - do you have any kebab shops in Cooky ????

Logo has some resemblance to the Turkish Flag.....

wadey

www.reeldealfishing.com.au
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 3:48pm
Narr it goe's back to my hippy days , you know man , sun , moon , water , free love now give me that smoke . LOL  least the other 2 had good input . Tongue
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 5:05pm
You forgot this :

Wacko

wadey

www.reeldealfishing.com.au
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by reel deal reel deal wrote:

Hi Ian  - do you have any kebab shops in Cooky ????

Logo has some resemblance to the Turkish Flag.....

wadey
ahhh, I was actually thinking the same way mate. Looks pretty Islamic, not that thes anything wrong with that.....
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 5:45pm
Hmm , looks like plan B might be on the cards .
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 6:44pm
Ian--my two bobs worth, sorry if it offends but just trying to help - I know how hard all this is.
Dark pink or red (chinese or blood red ) go really good with graphite grey.

The big "C" lends itself to a curved rod--Also try and find something different in fonts, there are literally 1000's of them--here's a few.  http://www.1001freefonts.com/afonts.php  - start at 'A' and work your way through, could take a week  LOL.

good luck--Pete

'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 6:51pm
Pete, good advise with fonts, but also be aware that there is a possibility your sticker/card printer may use a program that won't have it. I ran into that problem with some stickers I wanted made years ago. The printing firm had to purchase an extra font package for their program to do the job.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 6:59pm
Brad a lot of these sites are free, you just download a specific font and next thing it's in your 'font menu'--there must be a downside (trojan or something) but I havn't been sprung by it yet LOL.
Also if you find one you like, just copy the name of the font and do a google search, a heap of them will come up (freeware).
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 10:30pm
Now I get it! If you look at the top right hand corner of the card, you can see just as you take the flame away from the "smoke" what you get for a split second Cool.
shayned View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Black Duck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shayned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 7:59am
Steiny has a good point, I also wonder if you need an extra full stop, as in C.Y., Not sure how you will print or to what quality but could you use some custom weaves on the card or something along that line that helps to seperate you out of the bunch and highlight the custom part. Possibly as a bacground or border?
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 8:55am
My advice, get a professional to do it. You are trying to attract people to your business...

I use a guy that is a graphic Artist and he is a fisherman. So I tell him what I want and he comes back to me within a week and payment is done by sending fishing gear....so if you make rods, you can do him a rod and he gives you are logo,,,not a bad deal and you get a logo that sets you on your way, 

This is his website, http://www.redmandesigns.com.au/

His Name is Red..if interested give him a go, tell him Sel sent you...

Cheers

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 9:04am

Guys thak you for all your advice , but this is way to hard for me  plus I do not have the time , I will take Sels advice and get a professionl to do it . 

Thanks for your comments . Ian
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 9:19am
You already have a good base for a business card Ian ,Sel's mate should be able to tweak it for you. make sure you post up pics of the proposed and finished cards as its quite interesting watching these designs evolveThumbs Up
reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 10:49am
ian go with what feels good to you
N.Stock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N.Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 11:06am
Ian,

You need a card, logo to match the quality of your rods mate. You custom rods are some of the best I have laid my hands on mate, so get a pro to do the logo.

Cheers,
Nick

P.S,

I will be calling through Cooky at the end of the month to go to Lakefield if ya want to come for a fish.
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 11:10am
I wish Nick , Barra have been going off big time  , but I will be full on smoking Hams , but call in for a beer , Thumbs Up
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 11:47am
you'd need big rolly's for that
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic