LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

maybe peter munt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: maybe peter munt
    Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 3:43pm
I think these lures could be Peter Munt lures.  They came in a batch with the a cania bug from the wide bay area.
MONTY
2RODS View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2RODS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 3:45pm
Good to see they have a good home... I just missed out on them... Like the look of the orange one
monty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 3:48pm
mate, if i want something i usually get it. H ad some other good ones as well. cheers.
MONTY
wahootim View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahootim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 5:24pm
I think they could be Greg Munt, he did the Cania bug, the orange one has the same eyes i say the same maker. i once got some cania bugs and blanks of a guy that told me about Greg as it was his wifes brother [Greg Munt] not to be confused with Peter Munt, when he gets back from travelling ill ask him more about Greg. Tim
bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 8:43am
i have the same model as the orange one, same scale/bars but in blue
know of at least 4 variations in the hardyhead sized minnow,

would be good to find more info though Tim on Greg/Peter

regards George
monty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 9:58am
These c ame with with a larger cania bug than the ones i have. Would be good to know more about the maker. The little green minnow has the same paint style along its back and bib as the bugs i have. Would have no hestitation in giving it a throw. But i only have the one.        
MONTY
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 7:36pm
Hi All
Peter Munt not Greg Mundt ( no relation to Peter) is the creator of the Cania Bug, Greg Mundt stole the name Cania Bug
wahootim View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahootim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 9:49pm
Hi Peter. Welcome thanks for your input here to clear things up. Look forward to chating with you. Cherrs Tim
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:29pm
Hi a late reply,
Peter M here I am positive the orange one is mine, I mucked around with glitter on a very limited numbers and decided to give up, in a way the lure is very rare.
The other lure in one sold by Greg Mundt, it is a copy ( not a very close one I must admit), of a lure I produced called the Cania Bug, it is my understanding that it was produced by my partner at that time, Barry Neat, I did not make the pattern for it. I made a model called the Cania Bug which the lure picture is based on. When I decided to stop selling the Cania Bug I believe that Greg "Stole"the name and started selling them as Cania Bugs. I also note that when Greg went out of Lure Priduction Attact Lures (Qld) may have changed the name form Cania Bug and sold it under a different name.
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 7:53pm
Hi Peter, would this be one of your Cania Bugs ?

Cheers Steve R !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 8:05pm
Yes 100 percent, it is one ofthe original Cania Bugs made by me.
I lived and worked in Monto ( near Cania Dam) 1990 to 1993, I fished Cania Dam and designed the CANIA Bug to catch bass there. I still have many blanks of that lure that I may sometime finish.
Regards Peter M
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 8:08pm
Cool, thanks Peter 😁
Cheers Steve R!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic