LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

semi nude fugly's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: semi nude fugly's
    Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 9:27pm
knocked these out for the Admiral.......
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 9:30pm
Stunning Chris Clap
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 9:33pm
Both my favourites in one, painted and nude timber lures, great work...Nev
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 9:34pm

OOOOO I got wood!

Can they get any better?
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 12:26am

Very nice, the semi nude style looks great.

CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 7:37am
Innovation where is it going.Are there overseas makers elsewhere doing what our guys are doing with hand made lures?Exclude Japan as they are fanatical and meticulous with them.
Are there any members overseas who can post up examples of foreign masterpieces?
The Journey is the Reward

Timber King Lures View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber King Lures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 7:42am
Stunning lures.Very nice.Australian lure makers (HAND CRAFTED TIMBERS PAST AND PRESENT) make/made the best lures in the world..Thumbs Up  Clap Wink.Well thats my opinion anyway.
Abuadmiral View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
ABU Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abuadmiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 8:52am
Just brilliant Chris!
Only found this thread now, been busy fishing with my son so have been neglecting LL a bit in last days!
Amazing how the nudie /colur work together.
I recon the floor boards will work wondefully.
Back later
Wayne

Tight Lines
Wayne Real
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 10:48am
Very Nice chris, Keep up the good work, I'm amazed, as Paul said I got woodOhYeah  Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

jayden menchin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayden menchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 1:43pm
ClapGood afternoon Chris
These are just absolutely BrilliantClap
Regards Darcy.
bobbles lures
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 2:31pm

thanks fellas,you guys are going to give me a big headLOL

i got a bit lucky with these ones as the timber is so beautiful to start with,the silky oak was
milled probably 80 years ago for furniture.those old timers really had an eye for a nice bit of
woodgrain.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:30pm
Awesome lures chris, just recieved the couple of STRANGDANGLA fugly lures you sent me,
great little lure, tested them in neighbours pool and they swim great, cant wait to get down to the Clarence river in nsw next week and give them a work out.
cheers mate Jason
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 2:15pm
pleeeeaase get me a cod on one Jase?LOL
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 3:06pm
CANT GAURANTEE A COD NEXT WEEK, BUT WILL GET A PHOTO OF ONE LATER IN YEAR FOR YOU,WHEN WE HEAD
TO A SECRET LOCATION.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 7:23pm
i'll remember you said that!LOL
lure crazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lure crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 10:57pm
Bloody brilliant! the air brush detail is amazing, love how the grain shines in that completely nude one.Approve
Abuadmiral View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
ABU Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abuadmiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 11:03pm
Yes agree with all comments here Chris.
I will be swimming two and keeping hald a dozen on display.
Very fine attention to detail like the signwriting that Darcy and Pete do.
Look forward to seeing new designs coming out of your fertile mind and deft hands  in future mate.
cheers
wayne
Tight Lines
Wayne Real
Krisco82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krisco82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 6:58pm
Some beauties in this lot👌
ArdentAngler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 8:40pm
Still waiting on that cod photo? 
The admiral is one lucky bloke! The problem with Fugly is he is too versatile, and I don't own enough of his lures because of this....
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by ArdentAngler ArdentAngler wrote:

Still waiting on that cod photo? 
The admiral is one lucky bloke! The problem with Fugly is he is too versatile, and I don't own enough of his lures because of this....

I don't think anybody owns enough Fuglys, even Chris himself seems to be always short on them for his own useLOL
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 9:45pm
Absolutely a brutal truth on both fronts, I don't have any of my own lures to use so my condolences go to Chris on that one. On the other well....I worry meself that I'm starting to sound like Ducks!?
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 7:56am
chris gifted these to me - the middle one is semi nude TongueTongue
cheers
bazz

a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 4:16pm
The curves and sharp edges are so aesthetic on these, solid fish killers. Perhaps I have spent to much time on here, if so I don't want a cure for this illness....that being said I can recognize the work of many luremakers even when they do something vanilla. Fugly obviously is an outlier whom does something completely novel, even a unbitten lure reveals his artistic style and flare. Its all in the eyes. Just like a musician, one cannot help but make another persons work their own by said nuances. 

Hypnos- those are gorgeous, hope you fish them like hard and kill it on your outingsThumbs Up
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 8:38pm
Agree wholeheartedly that Chris is an artistic genius, next level stuff! ClapCool 

I also agree it would be great to see what other makers our members think show that next level artistic flair. Who's your dream team for virtual Luremaking playoffs? QuestionBig smile

This post also reminds me I should get in touch with Wayne, I hope he is going well as he is an amazing source of knowledge for Abu Lovers worldwide.
Cheers, Tony

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by ArdentAngler ArdentAngler wrote:

Absolutely a brutal truth on both fronts, I don't have any of my own lures to use so my condolences go to Chris on that one. On the other well....I worry meself that I'm starting to sound like Ducks!?

So you are quacking up as well?
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 9:15pm
Play offs for lure making?

Would have to be Fuglys and Stingrays (Ollie Hardt). Both highly imaginative and skilled with shapes, patterns and colour combos - tough choice.
Martin-

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 9:44pm
Martin I second that as those were my go to. Top marks for imagination adroit carving/painting skills. Top that off with them being great blokes. Forgive me as I am desperately racking my brain for the 3rd gentleman; he did the frilled neck lizard and that amazing bat lure, along with a bunch of gorgeous shrimp...frazier I believe or Chris? 

Besides losing my marbles and forgetting, this is honestly arduous. There are numerous individuals both famous, and highly underrated or relatively unknown, they reside on this site and deserve attention. These underdogs are the sweetspot of shed lure makers in my unwanted opinion.

Sweet Gary Busey, I have to drop Allan Sloman and Darcy Mencho to this list. Also humble individuals. This is so bloody difficult Tony!
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 11:27pm
Shane Love has carved some beauties.
Shame he doesn't seem to be around any sites any more.

Aaron (kuttafurra) is handy with carving something a bit interesting when the mood takes him. 

Deep River... 

(in addition to those guys already mentioned.) 
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 8:11am
have a look at robbo's lures(Gordon Roberts). a passionate lure maker that stays in the shadows. . . .mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 8:21pm
You mean Matt Fraser - Nitro Matt.

So many great lure makers. Aaron Young is so busy with his lures but has amazing skills in carving and paint as does Shane Love. And there are many more that are lesser known as Rodsncods pointed out - people like Gordon Roberts.

Don't forget Bass Attack, he makes some amazing stuff when he can find the time.
Martin-

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 9:34pm
I can't remember and the post, buried somewhere showcasing his work. Too many skilled lure makers hard for me to keep track of their names, feel embarrassed not knowing. Probably was Matt Fraser, like you say Martin. Although when that name comes to mind immediately the image of gorgeous crays and swimbaits are present?

Completely understand, unless you commit to this full time it can be hard to balance life and work with hobbies. Like Nicho said it becomes a cathartic exercise when given the time. A shame there would be more lures in the world to drool over.

As for Shane, his work speaks for itself and is truly admirable. 

Tony didn't leave any rules, how many people can be on the team???

wickky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 11:15pm
Awesome looking lures.
Hopefully one day I'll own one!
Lucinda Collector!
All ways on the hunt for more.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 12:31pm
Don't fret wickky, for the price of three goats and a sheep you can have one of your very own!
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 1:53pm
Wow some awesome feedback, thanks guys!

Fully agree we are blessed with some amazing choices. I am lucky to have examples of many of the above in my collection. 

Some are locked behind glass in my lure vault , although a few still bounce around in my tackleboxes as they work soooo well, I agree thats what they are made for. Just that some are an artform on multiple levels Big smile
Cheers, Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 8:32pm
Tony- are you considering making an official post forming a fantasy LL league? 

If so it would be an engaging thread, but we certainly need some rudimentary guidelines otherwise we would have every lure maker on LL drafted to one team, and I don't think that would work?LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic