LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Lure Collecting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good score !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good score !!!
    Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 1:42pm
Gday all, a mate of mine recovered the remains of an old pro's net(one snagged section) from adjacent to a popular set of rocks in the Fitzroy river. To put it bluntly it was full of lures(apart from the one in the packet), a couple of good ones in there(mostly timbers- Richo's  in the box at the top of the first shot) a lot of the usual suspects(b-52's, bombers, classics, rmg's, flatz ratz etc) a few mystery jobbies ? but not one soft plastic.It was a nasty job getting them out(he dried it out for a couple of weeks before we gurnied it and had a go at the lures. For my efforts he let me have oneBig smile(but I am angling for a couple more, he needs some wiring done on his new boat and doesn't fish much with lures himself), to say that I am happy is an understatementSmile as I could never get my hands on this particular colour scheme when they were for sale, this one is hardly used probably lost on its first outingClap, RIP RICHO !!! ps there were also some seriously large Mackie lures like cd18's etc in there and even and old spoon. Cheers Steve R.
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 10:12pm
Think I should have posted this in another area, i'll work it out eventually !!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
mark2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 10:50pm
Well done, you better keep fishing for nets!
Mark
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 4:25pm
Well done to you and your mate - a great catch.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Dave View Drop Down
Assassin Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 6:57pm
I might go lay 50 metres at a hot spot and the do a retreive every 3 months id never have to make or buy another lure Wink........ great score dude  cheers Dave Smile
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 8:04pm
Dad and I fished nightime for Bream with bait. One dark night, on our usual spot, was snagged more than usual. Only a few fish boated. On pulling up the anchors, found BOTH were hooked in square hooks! To add to that, a booming voice came from the bank. Next to an upturned dingy, was the owner of the net, too pissed to do yell twice without chundering. We deftly unhooked the net and fished the mouth of the creek till dawn. Rowing home, as we approached the upturned dingy, the net owner, now able to walk, waded out belly deep, to greet us. He threw half a dozen Mullet into the boat and told us he had no idea how we caught Bream in that spot, because all he got was Mullet and Bullrouts. Maybe the Bream were too smart to fall to his net. The Mullet were converted into Mud Crabs over the next couple of weeks.
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
raa raa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raa raa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 5:56pm
awesome score there.
Digitalis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digitalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 9:08pm
Hi Mark, I think most of those are mine, can you just forward the address an I'll just pop over an pick em up?
That gold extractor is something special! Is it a 9 or 11?
Matt.
It's only a stick untill it has TEETH MARKS in it!!!
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 9:07pm
Sorry Matt it is an 11 mate, cheers
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 6:58am
That’s a lot of lures. Wow. 
Dan
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 5:10pm
Good score richo
cheers steiny
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic