LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USING MEMBERS ONLY LURES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 38>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USING MEMBERS ONLY LURES
    Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 6:44pm
Just thought Id start up a post to run throughout the year......A lot of members on here have done swaps with me....or I have purchased lures that have interested me.....I have allways tried to fish the lures and give them an honest go....and let the maker know.
As a rule lot of lures go out from many makers, but not a lot of feedback is received...........this may be due to either lures not quite workingConfused..... or simply not getting used!!!
Throughout the season, I will be trying all lures ive received from members of this site  and will post any pics of fish caught....

As a hobby maker I know that there is nothing better than receiving a photo of a fish caught on my own lures....and I'm sure all other makers  enjoy the feedback as well....PERSONALLY I think it should be done more often....forget the competition AND SELF PROMOTION....SHARE EACH OTHERS PASSION..AND ENCOURAGE  other GUYS TO KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

So will keep it simple....not a lot of story.... just pics...the species....size....and the makers name.
Hopefully I can get out enough this year to cover all the great lures Ive received.
AND a few pics of a mate that ive helped start to making his own lures...he calls them TUGGAS.

Id like to encourage others that have members lures... to get out there and use them....catch a fish take a pic and add the same info to this thread....not as a promotional tool for yourself!!!!!(that will stop a few!Wink)....but to show appreciation to the great guys on here that have gifted or personally made lures for you.....(NOT OLD PICS) BUT pics from today onwards....no story line... just the maker...the lure... and the species.
Heres a few to get rolling....look forward to seeing the seasons catches on members lures......by members that appreciate what they've received,.
Nicho

TERRY...... HOMEMADE LURE TUGGAS.....50CM BASS

NAME...TERRY....LURE  HOMEMADE TUGGAS....SPECIES...BARCOO GRUNTER 45CM!(FISHERIES SAY THEY ONLY GROW TO 35CM!)

BELOW...MEMBER ROBERTOS MAXIMUS (BOB)...LURE..PADDLER...SPECIES BASS 41.5CM

BELOW...MEMBER..POWELLY...LURE... LITTLE DIGGER....SPECIES..BASS 45CM

BELOW...MAKER LES BARLOW STANTHORPE....LURE ...LITTLE MIDGET...SPECIES BASS 42CM
  2 PICS BELOW.....MEMBER.....BAROO....LUREMAME....STEDZ.....COD 64CM
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 7:34pm
Now, there are some very nice looking fish Jas Big smile.  Great idea for a Post.  I just need to find some time to use those timber lures that I seem to have collected Cry and catch a few fish

The paint is barely dry on that Little Digger.  Great to see them being used for fishing.

Cheers

Travers
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 8:00pm
Great piccies Jas, good to se the lures getting usedThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 8:13pm
VERY cool jasonClapClapClapClapClapClapClapregards bob
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 9:50pm
Nice ones nicho, theres some nice fish there. Regards Chris.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 9:52pm
good idea Jas i'll see what pics ive gotThumbs Up
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:00pm
35cm Bass caught on one of Jeffs coffin lures
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:08pm
flathead on one of BJ's spinnerbaits
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:09pm
I'll be using a lot of members lures this new bass season...Will post photos when i get the chance to get out and use them.

Great thread Jas!
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:40pm
Now this is a cool thread idea nice fish and lures    this is going to be a big thread I hope
Fish Choking Lures :)
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by finnsurance finnsurance wrote:

Now this is a cool thread idea nice fish and lures    this is going to be a big thread I hope

What the site is about!
Now I've worked out the piccy taker and scored some lures, just need some fish to participate!
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 5:07am
Great idea fore a tread to go. Good Fish to start it up with Jas. I will sure go along, if i can. This season have being very different/bad on the Sea-Trouts. But not over yet Smile
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 7:14am
good stuff jas and chris.
the fish aren't art critics
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 7:20am
Yeah I like this idea....well done Nicho.
cheers steiny
Baroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 7:29am
Nicho,this thread captures the very essence of this site,lure making,fishing and most of all sharing.
Well done.

Regards,

Marc - STDZ Lures - Catch fish,fish a STDZ instead.
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 7:32am
Great idea Nicho , maybe Tony can give it a thread of it's own , this season I will only be fishing with LL members lures . Thumbs Up
Darkside Slayer and Zombie hunter.
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 8:07am

40cm yella ....bryan  powers lure...

BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 8:14am
80cm cod ....btd(ben durkin)...
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 8:33am
46cm cod bryan powers surface lure(phantom)
Lionel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
White Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lionel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:15am
Mangrove Jack on Ricks lure...

Lionel
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 1:20pm
Great thread subject boys and chris nice flatty mate......Matter of fact some very nice fish caught here thus far,now just to get Nicho casting bladesLOL......seeya B.J.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 6:15pm
A 54 cm tailor on one of Aaron Young's Kuttafurra lures. Fish was on a slope when photo was taken - fish looks smaller.

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 6:37pm
Darcy Menchin Lure and Cod

I like pretty painted sticks
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 6:43pm
Nichos Lure and Golden Perch
I like pretty painted sticks
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:22pm
thanks guys for adding to the post....hopefully we can keep it running and more members will make the small effort of taking a pic to post when using members lures.
Some great pics so far, and Im sure all makers/members will enjoy looking through this thread to see what pops up......hopefully it encourages others to make their own lures and give them a go......they don't have to be pretty, the fish wont care.

Jeff that looks like old one eye!? cheers mate.....fernvale minnow?

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:27pm
MAKER...HAZMAIL...Rayna Lure from late 80S/early 90s?....SPECIES CREEK BASS ...TODAY 2ND CAST 10 metres off a busy roadSmile  Ive caught dozens of bass on this particular lure.....

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 11:29pm
This is my new favourite post for sure maybe we could get someone to donate their new lure for the best fish caught on a members lure before Xmas ? Any thoughts on this for voting for the person that takes the time to put a pic up here.

This way if you want one tested you know its going to a person that fishes them for you

Or should we just enjoy it for the great concept it is
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 11:46pm
Nice pics in this lot guys!
Atheism is a non prophet organisation
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 12:29am
stop stop Jas, cant keep up, i wonna be in, but need time to go Fishing Maybe tomorrow Big smile
Great Fish every one keep making this tread very long
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 8:56am
thought of that idea rick.....would be nice if it could work.....only problem i see is once a prize is offered it takes away the concept of doing this for the right reasons...and makes it more of a competition so to speak...id like to see it done simply to show appreciation to the guys that put their heart and soul into creating a lure to catch fish....
Its a simple way to say thanks......without expecting anything in return.
Some will choose to use the post....some wont.....

Some makers may choose to send a lure to another member requesting they try it out....up to them .....but shouldnt be expected....id hope if this happens the recipient honours their end of the bargain.

Ive had many guys on here recieve free lures after requests.....and once they get what they want you hear no more....i see other members on here promote themselves.... but never comment or encourage when new makers show their first lures.....Confused
This way no prizes just those that choose to ....can add to the thread As they like.
Just my thoughts....

Tyenna Dave View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tas Highland Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyenna Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 11:25am
Best thread for sometime Nicho and thanks for the sharing some great captures on timber Clap
Dave ...
Trout extractor !
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 11:47am
Yes I agree with that Nicho let hope it just keeps building from here , great thread
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 12:51pm
This is a cool thread.  I'll be following closely.  I hope everyone gets involved.
Good to see lures that are being traded/bought/given actually being fished and successful.
I think I've got some pics of bass and bream on Tooch's and dishleys but from before the 'start date'.  Hopefully I'm able to get out and get some more asap - and a host of others in the tackle bag now from the last swap - just perfect for local bass.
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 1:05pm
Love your work Jas Clap
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 2:09pm
52cm cod ......Darren mitten (mittos) lures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 38>
  Share Topic