LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USING MEMBERS ONLY LURES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 38>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 11:55am
nah mate,Ollie already knew the Cod were at this spot Wink
that's no how ye make porridge!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:53pm
Nice little cod there mate and well done to Gil on the lure
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 4:10pm
Been a bit slack in contributing to the site. One for the originator of this post. Snakehead on Nicos "Herman". They like the dots too. 
whipit
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 4:13pm
Nicho will be pumped. Clap
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 6:27pm
Cheers Whipit, 
Pretty happy with that...can you send a pic to my mobile :)
Haven't had a good couple if years, not been on here much, not been in shed.
But hopefully that's changing.
Thanks for posting mate, made my day.
Appreciated.
Nicho.

Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 8:15pm
"Snake Head"? What sort of fish is that? Nice colours on the lure Thumbs Up
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 2:18pm
No problem Nicho. Life certainly has its ups and downs for us all. Hope things go better soon and you make some of your cracking lures again.. I need some more, think i only have 2.   Snakehead is caught in Vietnam Mr Buxley..is quite a few different species of them as well.  And yes is a great little lure....swims so well
whipit
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 1:21pm
The Giant Snakehead can get up to 25lb here in Thailand, locals call them Pla Shadow (Pla for fish in Thai). Been wanting to catch one on fly, no luck yet.
"Always Merry and Bright"
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 11:36am

62cm Flathead on one of Steiny's DJR lures.The lure was pristine prior to being inhaled by this guy you just barely see the lure in its mouth in one photo

hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 5:28pm
Nice one Chris, they work a treat aye 👍
Cheers Steve R !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 11:54am
Originally posted by hooknose hooknose wrote:

Nice one Chris, they work a treat aye 👍
Cheers Steve R !!!
they certainly do Steve,they seem to catch everything .Darren is very good 
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 9:02pm
That flattie really wanted that lure - nice one.
Martin-

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 7:55am
i'll put this one up too,got a very chunky spangled perch on one of Jeff Pollards Coffin lures,jeez they'r a scrappy fish!

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 8:11am
Some nice Fish Chris
Thanks fore sharing 

Knaek & Break 
            Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 10:22am
Can you imagine what the spangleds would go like if they grew to 5 kilos? You would be too scared to get into the water.
Martin-

hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 5:22pm
Nice spangledy Chris, bloody good tucker too 😁👍

Cheers Steve R  !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by hooknose hooknose wrote:

Nice spangledy Chris, bloody good tucker too 😁👍

Cheers Steve R  !!!
they do taste good SteveBig smile
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 6:10am
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

Can you imagine what the spangleds would go like if they grew to 5 kilos? You would be too scared to get into the water.

Thumbs Up Absolutely!!!!

They are aggressive, take lures, look great & taste fantastic. What a shame they don't grow bigger Unhappy
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 6:26am
there was going to be a water park here, but the area flooded so it never went ahead. the hole they dug flooded into a nearby creek, my son   used to go fishing there. came home with a 32cm spangled perch, biggest one I've seen....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 11:10am
Originally posted by rodsncods rodsncods wrote:

there was going to be a water park here, but the area flooded so it never went ahead. the hole they dug flooded into a nearby creek, my son   used to go fishing there. came home with a 32cm spangled perch, biggest one I've seen....mick

I have heard of supposedly bigger spangleds from Bjelke Petersen Dam, but about 32 cm is the largest I have seen - caught in a turkey nest dam near Dalby
Martin-

Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 7:16am

I'm not sure if this is the first tailor on one of PJs spoons. 
But I'd be confident of it being the first one in the shadow of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Unfortunately every time we moved to try get the bridge and opera house in frame my "smart" phone decided to muck around with the focus, and couldn't explain how to correct it in the middle of a surface frenzy... 
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 9:33am
Now it is not the first tailor on PJ Spoons John. Darcy Menchin have caught some before.
But still nice to see this report. Thanks Thumbs Up

Knaek & Break 
           Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 6:51am
What a great photo! A really good fish caught on a lure from across the globe in the middle of one of the world's most iconic harbours. Love it......
HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 6:00pm
Well done Ducks! Thumbs Up
Barndog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 12:33pm
Happy New year to you all! Got this little tailor today on a Lee's lure - pumped to finally be able to contribute to this thread!

Cheers 

Dan
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 7:33pm
I have been told a few times that tailor love that colour green.

Nice captureClap
Martin-

Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 12:05pm
Had a few short sharp sessions with not a lot to report.
But a few more species for PJs traveling spoons... 

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 4:47pm
Always great to see new spieces on your Lures/Spoons, no mather how big Wink Big smile 
Thanks John Thumbs Up
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 7:59pm
Those last 2 Ducks - the trumpeter and the yellow tail pike are great barra live bait up here in Cooktown. The jewfish and kingfish down your way will scoff the pike.
Martin-

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 12:10pm
got a few Tailor the other day on CircleV's,Jeff Pollards Coffin and dropped a good tailor on one of Pj's banannasSmile

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 12:11pm
,and on the coffin

ArdentAngler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 12:34pm
Cannot wait to dive into this thread when I get back from work. I concur with Nicho, the gratification luremakers get when seeing their work being used  and catching fish puts them on cloud nine. It helps promote the brand, but the bigger picture is that shot of adrenaline and elation from a satisfied angler. Thumbs Up
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by ArdentAngler ArdentAngler wrote:

Cannot wait to dive into this thread when I get back from work. I concur with Nicho, the gratification luremakers get when seeing their work being used  and catching fish puts them on cloud nine. It helps promote the brand, but the bigger picture is that shot of adrenaline and elation from a satisfied angler. Thumbs Up
absolutely mate!,I have to admit that i also get a buzz posting pics of fish caught on fellow makers lures.We have some brilliant makers on here(yourself included).It truly is a pleasure to get fish on other folks lures.SmileThumbs Up.If i can get out there again in the next couple of weeks i'll chuck some crewfish at em tooWink
ArdentAngler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:40pm
Another reason this community is so tightknit, a profound omnibus not just for fishing queries; A fervent sense of ownership, values, comradery, and a strong bond of commiseration all found under one site. 

I as well, this is my daily pick me up for such turbulent times. Before lunging into some bloviated discourse, I advise all members, especially the new ones, to take a dive down the rabbit hole to tinker in the shed; Be it fly tying, spoon making, lure carving or even rod building. Once that action is taken you can take the first step into empathy/appreciation for this treasure trove of a community and it's artificers esteem. Walking in another's shoes certainly provides some insight, plus making something yourself is always gratifying and ineffable. 

Wagering on an common sense guess, the majority of lure makers on here are just your average blokes unrecognizable in societies cogs. Just your typical passer-by at the grocers, fuel stop, or any typical day to day outing. They are humble, hard working, and fervent practitioners all with buddhist like patience to help nurture others along their path...all while balancing family life and work to boot!

That being said, I feel obligated to fish anything sent to me. Some mysterious bugger across the pond toiled away hand crafting a unique article that is now in my possession. Ubiquitous plastic from a factory doesn't hold a candle to it, nor does it have a story. Well it might have a story, doubtful it's as engaging and cinematic?

A bit of the old cognitive dissonance here to fish or not to? Some lures are rare, one of a kind pieces which would cripple us mentally/financially if lost. They are safe on a shelf or behind lock and key, but are they fulfilling the makers wish? A choice we must all individually decide, besides our own volition it would behoove us to know the artists wishes. 

Per the instant gratification, whoosh! I grin ear to ear like Martin at a 4H fair every time someone sends me a picture or relates their anecdotal experiences with my work. Also fortunate know how some of the lures creators feel when I use their lures, surprise, it's the same. Their alacrity and jubilation leaps out from the texts of emails and social messages entering the realm of reality and abstraction...also Tin Ram fishes lures hard, and does his due diligence to an enviable level.

This is what I've aggregated from a cursory glance of this thread. If only I had more time to read this a bit more fastidiously....Numerous stories, an unplumed appreciation for a cornucopia of lure makers, and some seriously foxed fish. I hope to contribute a few posts showcasing my adoration to the lures  and their makers which were kindly gifted to me on this post. Great stuff, only dabbling on the tip of the iceberg and hope to touch on the varied nuances of this thread. I look forward to viewing the next addition to this insightful column!Thumbs Up

Chris- Always a pleasure, I as well yearn to get some time on the water. More importantly to catch some bragworthy fish on your lures. This season/year has been strange and unconducive to my avocations. We had some dodgy stocking, and everything was shut down for a bit. Bet that is the harsh reality to all the good folks on here as well?

Also to add, I loathe making any address in fear of leaving someone out. We have many a fine craftsman on this site, mea culpa to those I forget or don't speak of really a trial of the mind to note them all!
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 8:18pm
Good to see tge old thread still getting posts.
A good variety of fish ..great to see.
Congrats to all involved. 
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 38>
  Share Topic