Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ollie's Popper's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ollie's Popper's
    Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 7:47pm
GT's have moved into the GC canals which are choked with baitfish, birds smashing the water - Ollie's poppers are the go Thumbs Up

Canal GT after work went a touch over 6lb Tongue

Cheers

Rob

Tonk Lures
Digitalis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digitalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 7:56pm
I take it thats your backyard, "this is living Barry" Good stuff.
Matt.
It's only a stick untill it has TEETH MARKS in it!!!
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 8:49pm
Won't be too long, we'll get them in Swansea Channel!
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 8:53pm
I have some of Ollies poppers - top shelf. Gunna be a shame to ruin the paint work on them.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

Gunna be a shame to ruin the paint work on them.

Just gotta hope for some more from Ollie .... gotta say, an awesome lure for this environment and hopefully if we get a nice long summer without floods, the baitfish won't get washed out to sea LOL Thumbs Up

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 12:47am
Spent the best part of the last 20 years chasing fish around the myriad of canals down there on lures.. Got GT's, Bigeyes, Goldens, Queenfish, Tailor, Barracuda, Tarpon, Giant Herring, Luderick, Estuary Cod, Flathead, Bream, Whiting, Mulloway, Mangrove Jack plus some more I've forgotten. Great fun when the baitfish school up in the lakes!! Thumbs Up But don't tell anyone, we'll just keep it a secret... Wink
Fysshe
edzard View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Ollie's Stingrays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote edzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 9:54am
Thanks for the post Rob, good to see you're not afraid to strip some paint of my lures, glad they're working for you. Would be some awesome fun on light gear. Love surface lure fishing, we managed to hook up some 1 metre plus queen fish up at Fraser Island a while back on the same popper in 135mm.
Have a heap of poppers carved just need to get them painted, will send some more your way as soon as I have them finished.
Ollie
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 11:02am
Hello Ollie,
Talked to a friend today that bought some of your lures. He said he found an underwater hump on the locator and it showed fish on it. He said he caught a 18 1/2 lb. largemouth (very unusual one that big) and several others over 3 lbs. He caught them on your Stingray with a little red. He said he would show me the picture. Just thought you would like the report. I know from experience that the Stingray is one of the best.
Take care and keep turning out those Master pieces,
Verlon 
Baitman
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 12:44pm
Hey Ollie
Keep me in mind when a couple of those 130mm poppers are painted up!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 8:55pm
nice catch Rob,not surprised at all it was caught on one of Ollies!
edzard View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Ollie's Stingrays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 9:30am
Thanks Chris and Verlon, would love to see a pic of the largemouth Bass, sounds like a cracker fish.
Have been fine tuning these 'Fraser Poppers' for a little while now, getting the weight balance right I think.
Ollie 
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 9:49am
Originally posted by edzard edzard wrote:

Thanks Chris and Verlon, would love to see a pic of the largemouth Bass, sounds like a cracker fish.
Have been fine tuning these 'Fraser Poppers' for a little while now, getting the weight balance right I think.
Ollie 

Hello Ollie,
Bill Burton came by today and showed me the lure that he caught the big bass on and I was wrong, it was a Shrimp (orange, red color) like the smaller one that I caught big walleyes on at Lake Douglas.. He will show me the picture later. Derrick brought up the Tenn. state record on his iphone and it is a little over 14 lbs. So your Shrimp caught the state record and Bill released it. He wanted to have Fish and Game to weigh and measure it, but his mate told him that it was not a record. I told him that his mate will fish that same spot everyday until he catches it. Bill said, "If he does, I will kill him.)
When I learn more about this new computer, I will send you the picture. This thing is driving me nuts.
So sorry that the record was not recorded.
Have a great day,
Verlon
Baitman
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 12:09pm
This is like the Shrimp that Bill caught the state record on.
Baitman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic