Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > McGrath
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mcgrath Trout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mcgrath Trout
    Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 9:35pm
Hi Guys here are some pics of my Mcgrath trout lures...Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smile....Pete.

I'd rather be fishing with

kris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 6:36pm
Very nice Mcgraths Pete. I am starting to build up quite a nice little collection of these. Ive always wanted the spotted dog one!
Hutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 9:05pm
G'Day Pete,

These are mine. They have been one of my favourite trout lures since they hit the market

Cheers

Hutto
Hutto
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 9:36pm
Hi Hutto, That's a nice little collection I've seen a few of these hanging in a tackle shop
just recently I might have to go and purchase a few more...SmileSmileSmileSmile...Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 3:40pm
THE FROG pattern is a bass killer in the hunter/patterson  rivers my nephew has about a dozen of that one colour he loves em............Big smileBig smileBig smileApproveApproveApprove
pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 9:05pm
Just about any green and yellow lure will catch a bass. favourite of mine for bass....Nev
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2010 at 1:48pm
SURE does work on em nevWinkWinkWink
cachnrelese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cachnrelese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 11:29am
Nice collection Hutto,very envious.Do you have anymore to show??
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 3:15pm
Thanks Pete and Hutto for showing them Thumbs Up

Sweet color Range 

Cheers Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 4:12pm
a few more 
Hutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 7:42pm
McGrath Lures are still available and are listed in the MO Tackle catalog.
The most collectible would be the early ones with the brass skeleton. These are difficult to find.

Cheers

Hutto
Hutto
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 12:23pm
HUTTO didn"t know about the brass from will have to look at some i still fish with cool lures  i dig the wide bodys also ClapClapClapClapTongueWinkregards bob
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 8:24pm
Yeah the early ones were built over a metal skeleton. I have caught many big trout and a few atlantic salmon on these things. The only problem with them was that a big fish would flex the lure and they'd split from the bum forwards.
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 10:38pm
The brass skeleton and separated eyes would make it a Bennett McGrath wouldn't it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic