FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On a roll smashing my lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Timber King Lures View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber King Lures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On a roll smashing my lures
    Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 7:43am
Didnt know that Pete.
But i know someone who went through the stuff while walking on his roof..Should be band on roofs or at least make them thicker.
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 8:59pm
Hi Nando , A lot of the Poly roofing sheets recommend you place the sid with the writing on it towards the sun it makes you think why sometimes it must have some sort of U.V. coating on one side only...WinkWinkWink...Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber King Lures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 8:51pm
10mm ? I see.
There are loads of poly makers out there and the brittle one your talking about Pete might be the non UV protected grade ?? When i was buying the poly the bloke said can go brittle after 2 years just in the shed.Would be worst if exposed to the sun Wink
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 8:49pm
Hi Nando , I meant the thinner stuff mate...WinkWinkWink...Pete.

tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 8:48pm
Hi Nando , the pope mobile has 10mm thick Poly all round.You can't hardly drill it let alone put a bullet through it. Years ago I helped put a pool fence up that was made of 10mm poly and one of the panels was too long so my boss decide to cut it with a circular saw it made the blade blunt straight away and we had to send it back to the distributor and they laser cut it to size it was the only way we could cut it...LOLLOLLOL...Pete. 

Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber King Lures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by puglee62 puglee62 wrote:

they use polycarb in bullet proof glass NandoWink,true!

Your right pug,Whats Pete on about ??? brittle ???61
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber King Lures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by tooch tooch wrote:

Hi Nando , No bib is bullet proof, that poly is funny stuff one minute you think it's as tough as nails and the next it's brittle as...CryCryCry...Pete.

LOLLOLLOL that will teach ya for buying it at a cheap place LOLLOL
Never came across brittle stuff yet there Pete Confused    what the ???
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber King Lures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 8:40pm
Correct me if im wrong but i think the Popemobiles box is made from thick poly.
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 8:39pm
Hi Nando , No bib is bullet proof, that poly is funny stuff one minute you think it's as tough as nails and the next it's brittle as...CryCryCry...Pete.

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 8:37pm
they use polycarb in bullet proof glass NandoWink,true!
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber King Lures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 8:34pm
2mm poly there Pete.Plus im pulling straight out not up or down.Theres a lure maker that i cant think of the name at the moment that uses the term "bullet proof bib" they use poly as bibs and i can see where the name comes from Wink
That top photo with the wire omega clip that i made is made from 1.5mm high tensile stainless wire.Am thinking about making bib pins from the same stuff.Trouble is it needs heat to bend Wacko
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 8:29pm
Hi nando , It's a wonder you didn't snap the polycarbonate...LOLLOLLOLLOL..you're really giving them heaps mate...ClapClapClap....Pete.

Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber King Lures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 7:43pm
Was a rainy day today so i thought to smash more of my lures.
I was quite surprised.
Different "epoxy" different results as per yesterdays post (9/8/2010) "Abusing my lures"
This is a new "epoxy" sort of glue im trialling (custom made).. 
As photos shows, i snapped an 85lb mono line trying to pull the bibs out..Second try was using a 100lb mono and eventually pulled out on both lures.These are non pinned lures..
Other photos (tow points built into lure body) show bibs pulled out of the lures.To do this i had to tighten the bench vice onto the bibs and wiggled side to side quite a few times using a lot of muscle. Eventually pulled out.
quite happy with results i must say.
nando..

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic