LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Flicks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Flicks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Flicks
    Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 9:42pm
I thought id put up my Flicks lures I don't see many of these here and always great to add to my collection

A bit of reflection on the bibs from a tree a bugga

A pick up at the Expo I was quite happy when I picked this one up

Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 9:55pm
The flicks minnow has a similar scale pattern that Carl is looking for.
cheers steiny
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by steiny steiny wrote:

The flicks minnow has a similar scale pattern that Carl is looking for.

It has and did not relize it ConfusedLOLLOL and I thought id seen it some where before CryLOL

matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 10:14pm
Very nice Flicks! Great colours and great condition.

Matt
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 12:02am
Originally posted by matt fraser matt fraser wrote:

Very nice Flicks! Great colours and great condition.

Matt

Matt

Thanks mate the top 3 have never seen water picked them up a few years ago glad I did they are top lures and looking forward to adding to my collection

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 11:41pm
I pcked up another one a Bug  a small lure in a picture with the minnow,iv had this lure for awhile and only just took a picture of it

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 2:02pm
Dave, I have a Cobra that either has a thru wire under belly, or is molded. Did he go from cedar to molded? Notice the bottom one of yours in the underside pic is same.
Regards, Tony.
"Always Merry and Bright"
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Capt.Seaweed Capt.Seaweed wrote:

Dave, I have a Cobra that either has a thru wire under belly, or is molded. Did he go from cedar to molded? Notice the bottom one of yours in the underside pic is same.
Regards, Tony.

Tony

not sure but I think all his lures are Timber from memory which is fading fast ConfusedLOLLOLLOL

A picture of the lure would be great there is a few other lures that look like these mate

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 3:24pm
Dave, I'll dig it out and take a pic of underside, it's definitely the same as that orange one of yours. I haven't given it the hot needle treatment, but if you say they're all from cedar, like on the card shown, it must have a thru-wire installed on underside.
Regards, Tony.
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 3:29pm
There were some Flicks Cobras that were made from urethane for a short space of time. But I doubt very much he ever made a tiger in urethane.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 5:34pm

There were some Flicks Cobras that were made from urethane for a short space of time. But I doubt very much he ever made a tiger in urethane.

Matt

Top info I did not know that thanks mate

Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 5:55pm
Here is a moulded urethane Cobra on left, and timber Cedar Cobra on Right.

Note the seam line on the moulded Cobra particularly underneath, and no glue. The Timber Cobras all had black glue around the bibs.

These were both made this side of 2000 I believe. As the eyes are the stickered versions.

Love my Flicks
Matt
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 6:03pm
Matt

Thanks for the picture mate did not know there was a molded version I have I think about 3 or 4 lures that look like these from different makers

Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 6:38pm
Yes David, the Cobra had a bunch of copiers, made mainly 'cause Flick was a bit choosy of who he would sell to, and because his lures were so damn effective.

KR Lures Mongoose
Blitz Bagga
Little Ripper
Jaysea Patriot
and at least one unknown.

Matt
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 6:56pm

Yes David, the Cobra had a bunch of copiers, made mainly 'cause Flick was a bit choosy of who he would sell to, and because his lures were so damn effective.

KR Lures Mongoose
Blitz Bagga
Little Ripper
Jaysea Patriot
and at least one unknown.

Matt

Matt

I have the KR Mongoose and Blitz Baga for sure and I think the Little Ripper  not sure about the Jaysea one from my bad memory ConfusedLOLLOL I think a Smak molded Blitz to

Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 9:25pm
Murray Sugden, the original maker of Blitz Bagas (timber), sold the name/rights to Smak about 2002/3. They have been molded since.
Matt
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 10:55pm

Murray Sugden, the original maker of Blitz Bagas (timber), sold the name/rights to Smak about 2002/3. They have been molded since.
Matt

Matt

yes I meet Murray at the 2013 Expo he was taking pictures up there a top bloke to

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 3:26pm
Thanks for this info. Matt, looks like mine is urethane, bugger as I only collect timber. Will trade it when someone shows interest. Have a Blitz Baga, it is superior in finish and is timber. Also I found a Lil' Ripper when passing thru Goodiwindi a few years back, also finish is superior to the Cobra.
Seaweed.
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 6:28pm
No worries Tony, the urethane Cobras are rarer than the timber ones, but don't get as much love because they are plastic.

Matt
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 7:53pm
so the copys....you mention a few...eg jaysea patriots...were Jayseas actual blatant copies..or are shapes like many lures just similar? not blatant copies as suggested?
many lures have similiarities..as there's only so many shapes that work..generally these shapes evolve from many hrs at the band saw...offcuts evolving into a new shape...more often than not this happens with no intention to copy...so without causing a debate...who can say what's a blitz copy...every lure is a copy even though it was not intended to be simply cause it similar to another?
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 8:09pm
    Maybe Matt should check out a JaySea Patriot and a Flicks together maybe they could be a bit different? Yes the Jaysea was based on the flick's lure but not copiedAngry Maybe if Matt had took the time to check the rails on a Patriot he would have seen the difference. As far as I'm concern the JaySea Patriot has always been the better lure, but hey I'm bias towards my lure, also perhaps the fact that the JaySea Patriot out sold Flick's and the other flicks copies has something to do with itLOL But I tend t0 make allowances  for the opinions of whining old lure makers and jig makers.

Cheers Warren
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 9:39pm
Sorry I probably shouldn't have used the word 'copiers'. I didn't mean to offend. As you say Warren, based on the Flicks Cobra would be better wording. I have even made a lure based on the Cobra myself.

All the lures I mentioned are quite different in many aspects, certainly enough to stand alone as their own creations. But are sometimes confused as Flicks Cobras.

There are many lures designs, that have inspired a bunch of makers to make their own version. The Heddon tiger is a classic example with scores of makers, with their own version.

Apologies again Warren,

Matt

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic