Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Powell Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2015 Kads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2015 Kads
    Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 8:36am
Just finished preparing the blanks for carving, yesterday.  I'll start carving the Kads this week, but it will be at least a month before the first batch is ready.

Those members who have ordered the Kad Sets, need to let me know what colours they want their sets painted.

Still a couple of sets available, if anyone is interested.  The set comprises the 2" and 3" Kads @ $100 + postage.  I also make a Mini Kad to go with the set @$35.

60 Kads to carve, so I best get started. Big smile

Cheers

Travers

Steve B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 8:54am
Hi Travers
PM sent
Cheers Steve
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 7:51pm
Progress update, for those members waiting for the Kaditchas.  All lures are now carved and sanded.  Just started twisting the wires and putting the lures together.

Still waiting for a for some members to let me know what colour they want their Kads painted.

Set #13 available.

Cheers

Travers
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 8:06pm
Gday travers 13 is my lucky number if available, I might as well order it ? A sets not a set unless its 3 lures so add the little one..let me know if still available,
cheers Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
RossPerth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RossPerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 9:28pm
Can I still get a set please
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

Gday travers 13 is my lucky number if available, I might as well order it ? A sets not a set unless its 3 lures so add the little one..let me know if still available,
cheers Jas

Looks like it's your's, Jas.  Just need to come up with a colour.

Sorry Ross, I only do 20 Sets and all are ordered. This one was a cancelled order.

Cheers

Travers
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 10:33am
Cheers powelly
My dad showed a liking to them when i was showing him the site...its his 70 th bday coming up so i thought why not.
Cheers
Jas

Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 3:45pm
Just a progress report for those members wondering about the progress of their Kads.  I undercoated the last of the Kads, last week.  I'll be in Qld in the next week or three.  When I return, the Kads will be painted and then I can start to work on the Expo lures.

Cheers

Travers
Paul G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 9:20am
G'day Travers,
I see you make mention of expo lures, are you going to be at the camping show this year?

Cheers,
Paul
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 5:19pm
At last, the 2015 Kaditcha Sets are nearly finished, only 6 months later than expected! Embarrassed

I soldered the tow wires today and tank tested all the lures.  Should get the trebles on tomorrow and they will be ready to 'bag' and send.

Thank for everyone's patience.  I was late getting started on the Sets, this year, because of the "Tenterfield +20 Years" boxed Sets. Then a mixture of crap weather, holidays, floods and a desperate attempt to make enough lures for the Expo, meant that it was always going to be a late season finish.

All but 7 Sets have been ordered for 2016. Let me know if you want a 2016 Set.

I'll PM/email those members who have ordered the Kad Sets, with payment details.  Will also try to get some photo tomorrow.

Cheers

Travers
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 5:35pm
Can we make payments 6 months late once received? :)

Set the drag and listen to it scream :)

Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 7:36pm
All but one Set now finished Big smile.  One member is still pondering over the ultimate colour scheme! LOL

These are the 3" Kads.

A couple of members requested that I choose the colour scheme (too much stress on me Confused), so now they have to work out which Kads are their's!! Wink

Cheers

Travers
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 7:57pm
Don't know what colour mine are but looking forward to them

Cheers !
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Aussbasstony Aussbasstony wrote:

Don't know what colour mine are but looking forward to them

Cheers !

Mine look great hopefully see them tomorrow

Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 9:44am
I picked up my Kaditchas awsome Travers

I will have to take a picture one day of all these lures I have I think iether 2008 or 9 be a top looking picture

Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 11:11am
Thanks Travers, very happy with the colour, the finish, pretty much everything about my first set of Powell Kaditchas! So much so, I made them a special stand, and made room for them in the good cabinet.

Cheers,

Matt
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 11:50am
They look nice Matt...travers does a nice paint job.
cheers steiny
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 2:04pm
Beautiful things Travers, worth the wait to see these.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 3:18pm
Nice choice in colour there Matt...very nice set in purple and black.
Well and truly worth a spot in the good cabinet. Travers makes a beautiful lure.
Cheers Brad
whipit
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 4:22pm
Very nice and worthy of a spot in the good cabinet
THE CODFATHER
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 10:00pm
Finally, the last Set of Kads has left the building! Big smile  This Set represents the last lures to be made at East Maitland, as all the painting gear has been packed up ready to move to our new house in Port Macquarie.

A full set of Kads: 6", 5", 4", 3" & 2" Kaditchas plus a Mini Kad.

Cheers

Travers

rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 10:10pm
What a nice looking set stunners I wonder who the lucky member is love your work what colour are they looks like gold yellow nice colour
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by rocco rocco wrote:

What a nice looking set stunners I wonder who the lucky member is love your work what colour are they looks like gold yellow nice colour

Mustard, rocco, mustard Big smile.  Or, is that 'dirty yellow'?

Hope they arrive soon.

Beer

Travers
rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 10:28pm
Artisticthanks travers you always seem to amaze me with every lure I get off you  you must be getting better like a fine wine awesome lures awesome colours and craftsmanship cant wait like a kid at a candy store roy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic