Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Lure Collecting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rublex Blue Flopy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 6:13pm
good story martin....be good if there were some old pics around of the fish in the day.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 6:22pm
It will require some digging through stored boxes. but I'll see what I can doThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
grumpy57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 12:43am
For those up north to help save your flopys.Store them in the fridge and the heat wont affect them
brendan t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendan t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 11:15am
I had a blue flopy sold it eBay for about $60 should have kept it😱
brendan t
grumpy57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 6:24pm
Good floppy's are fetching good money,anything from $60 to $200 . As for you blue one what size was it and did it have stainless steel hooks, the large had them.
Skullaxe View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skullaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 2:00pm
The Blue Flopy only come in one size, Large. There is a colour similar, it starts off blue at the nose & changes from blue to like yellowish over blue.

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 5:00pm
my thoughts also skull, ive seen the small described as blue, and they are not blue and silver.

grumpy57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 9:21pm
Some people do get the blue and green mixed up, there is a big difference between them. The earlier flopys were hand painted so two were never identical, even the body rubber varied in colour so the top colour did vary a little. When I use to buy them from the local tackle shop I always checked the colouring for what i wanted, sometimes depending on the batch they would be painted the same colour code but be very different
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 10:22pm
No good if you are colour blind tooLOL

Cheers
Dave
Life is fishing!
Skullaxe View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skullaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 8:35am
Also with regards to the Blue Flopy's, not only did they come in one size, but the one's you see advertised in the hard plastic boxes are also incorrect. What I have found out is the Blue only come out in the Blister packaging. They all had stainless steel hooks as they were the salt water series. Here are a few of my collection.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 9:17am
Yes skullaxe
the blues came out in blister packs only, they were blue and silver, in large size only.
but some people just wont believe that. .
nice collection mate.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 12:55pm
Nice collection there Skullaxe- quite a few there new in blister packsThumbs Up
Martin-

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 4:19pm
What is the time line, plain clear plastic boxes, through to the blister packs then the closure of the floppy line, early 80's

Regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 4:22pm
I only remember seeing the blister packs for sale at BIG W in 1978 /79. 
Martin-

tiger774 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiger774 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 5:51pm
hello are they for sale
77lureman77 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77lureman77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 1:34am
Hi was the surface flopy released in australia thanks
Werriscreekwonda View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 5:13pm
My first good lure caught fish was on a medium Flopy, beautiful silver perch in the Namoi River. Bloody magic lures.

The last of the many...
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by 77lureman77 77lureman77 wrote:

Hi was the surface flopy released in australia thanks

Hi the flopys did not come in a surface lure, the one in the previous pics was one I made out of red cedar, just posted it in photo with the originals to get a few bites

Lionel05 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lionel05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 7:50pm
Hi everyone I've just joined  just thought I'd let yas know I have a few flopy lures, of each colour but no Blues as of yet, have around 25,  and as I've seen and read that they only made 3 sizes, I have 4 different sizes,  some flopys with plug in front nose, and some without,  
Lionel05 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lionel05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 7:51pm
Hi everyone I've just joined  just thought I'd let yas know I have a few flopy lures, of each colour but no Blues as of yet, have around 25,  and as I've seen and read that they only made 3 sizes, I have 4 different sizes,  some flopys with plug in front nose, and some without
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic