LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fishing Report Eucumbene this Weekend

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 26272829>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 7:55pm
Thanks  Dave

Will store it and you can inspect up close and decide if it is worth while playing with at Christmas.

Regards John
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Screamingreel Screamingreel wrote:

Thanks  Dave

Will store it and you can inspect up close and decide if it is worth while playing with at Christmas.

Regards John

Gee John, it won't be longThumbs Up
Life is fishing!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 10:18pm
it is about time for an up date.

Road has a number of pot holes now due to winter conditions still okay for all wheel vehicles exercise care if snow falls before your trip.

Tantangara yesterday, dam around 40 %

One 46cm brown , mid morning , bright, calm caught on the old black lure to lazy to change.

Boat turning circle under water you will need to back your trailer down the road, some great fish being caught especially on the fly reports have been good.

We did not get there till 11.00am far to late for productive fishing.

Note

For old regular visitors to area the bridge at Anglers commencing to appear.

two different days.

Regards John

Note

Vegetation on edge of Tantangara compared to stone and mud for Lake Eucumbene a no brainer 
where to go and fish.

Note new roads being completed on side of hill to Lake edge.

Old track cut up and a bit boggy, also heavily rutted.

the main reason for fresh tracks.

Enough water to create the island in the back ground once again.

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 9:19pm
Nice brown John, and Tantangara is looking inviting.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 7:08am
Hi Martin
You would have noticed where you met up with your new best  friend (wihin an hour)  and was taken out on his boat  on the dam, all that area and where you parked your vehicle is now under water.

Dave where you  caught  your  trout on the side of the road  on your  own home made lure needs a little bit of oxygen as well.

Should be a good  spring for us but will attract a lot more visitors to the area.
Road will be really rough shortly.
 Some snow due towards the weekend, we need 2 to 3 inches also of  rain like most places .
Local farmers have been feeding out in the area for sometimes .
 Normally they can manage but even we have had a lack of rain, a pleasant -8 this morning shooting for -9 before the sun rises.

Regards John

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 9:15pm
 Tantangara looking good John, can't wait till I get down there, great trout and not blind eitherWink.LOL
   He paid $39 for that rodWink last Christmas and $45 for the 3500 reel.

Cheers,
Mad Dog
Life is fishing!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 7:42am
Thanks Dave.

Blustery conditions yesterday arvo as the rest of the front past through.

No takers on the shore but it looked as if someone was out in a boat no doubt sheltering till winds died down. 
Plenty of white water and hidden snags due to lake levels care and slower speeds required..

One small brown found and released on the black lure in very shallow waters. 

Tossing 3 grams in these conditions has it challenges.

By the time I decided to go out in the rough wet  conditions dressed like a Polar bear with three pairs of gloves.
Tracks were too muddy to risk bogging so had a 20 minute walk to the water in sloppy/ clinging mud.
the first time we have had some decent  fishing conditions for the past week.

Weekend weather conditions  shaping up to be rather good for a change and another trip to Tantangara

is a possibility if the snow fall is light.

Regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 7:34am
Thrashed the waters around  two exposed islands  yesterday  with a visitor from the Hunter Valley who braved the wintery conditions on one trip.
Not so much as a follow or a hit ,extremely disappointing.
One trip in the conditions was enough for the visitor.
I returned in the arvo at another location not a sign of a fish, I put it down to two rough weather days and the fish must have been well fed 

I was fishing over yabby holes and crushing some holes  in the murky water as I waded the area
Pulled the pin on dusk and walked back to the car with a spot light I had recently acquired off eBay.
Great  beam pleased with the purchase supposed to run for 3-5 hours
These   fishing conditions always produce results.

Regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 7:46pm
You need a few calm days to get the fish hungry again John.
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 11:44pm
Even with the  in flow from snow melting down the Eucumbene river and some rain falling on the surrounding hills you can see that the lake is dropping rather rapidly.

Fished all around the trees without success during the weekend.

You would get a hell of a surprise if you hit this bridge when the water is high I am surprised that there is not a suitable buoy marking the area.

Picked up a collapsible 21 ft rod lying in the mud whilst taking pictures of the bridge at the weekend.

Regards John

Check out some of the earlier photos of the area put up some 2 to three weeks earlier

Note the old road out of the water would have a large amount of silt lying on top.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 11:57pm
The local Adaminaby Fishing Club  (I am treasurer) has secured enough funds to add 40 metres to the existing cement slab added when the lake was at a similar level around 2006 /2007.

Will be very helpful when the Lake rises again for all you visitors  hopefully preventing further bogging putting in your boats.
Work commences later this week.

Hope to place pictures up later in the month.

Regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 10:21pm
Finally the form work has been completed.

Pouring may commence tomorrow subject to weather.       Raining at the moment.

Appears we are getting about 45 metres in length which will butt up to the previous ramp poured around 2006 /2007.

It will be about 20 ft short of the old church steps  known to the regular visitors to the area when the Lake drops.

Bridge is well out of the water now and I would guess we should be able to get to it in the next 2/3 weeks.

Regards John

Cemetery in the back ground empty.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 10:28pm
That is dropping rapidlyShocked
Martin-

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 6:30pm
Can't wait, JohnWink
Life is fishing!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 7:27am
Settle Dave ...you will start spooking the fish.

First time in many months a slight increase in the Lake water level noticed.

BOM recorde 10.6 for lake Eucumbene

and great news Tantangara has shot up to 46 %

Some light  rain received Friday and snow melt has   helped the situation.
Did about 9 klms yesterday walking up to to Anglers Reach from Two gates.

Took a number of photos.

Regards John

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 7:38am
Found this 21 FT rod on the edge of the Lake.

Collapses into its self

Hopefully boat ramp pour will commence this morning.

Regards John

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 7:26pm
looks like a Tenkara rod John no reel just a shoert piece of elasticised line on the end
that's no how ye make porridge!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 8:13pm
Still a very effective rod and the Eanglish use a similar set up with their coarse fishing
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 1:52am
Yes to both Chris and Martin

I might have ago with a grass hopper / mud eye later in the season if I can handle the weight flicking it in to the rapids on the  Murrumbidgee.

Cement work not started yet probably cement trucks not available.
Perfect weather for us , we finally cracked a 20 C day for around an hour before it dropped now 4c

Regards John
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 5:47pm
I also seen these fishing rods used in England,China and they fish for Carp.
Life is fishing!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Screamingreel Screamingreel wrote:

Yes to both Chris and Martin

I might have ago with a grass hopper / mud eye later in the season if I can handle the weight flicking it in to the rapids on the  Murrumbidgee.

Cement work not started yet probably cement trucks not available.
Perfect weather for us , we finally cracked a 20 C day for around an hour before it dropped now 4c

Regards John
the nearest batching plant would be Cooma i guess John long way to come and would take a few trucks unless they've got one of those double agitator trucks.Fun job screeding concrete uphill, i dont think i'd be in a hurry to do that one eitherLOL
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 7:50am
Registered the ute in Cooma yesterday passed two cement trucks on the road in and a third had stopped to get fuel.

Checked when I returned and they were just finishing up on the job.

Pictures of the jig  creating the non slip facility.

Hit with several sledge hammers.

Regards John

For local regular  visitors it starts around 24ft from old church steps where I took the photo.

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 2:57pm
looking good!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:11pm
Thumbs Upgreat going Mr Secretary - I mean John, you have played a big part in getting this done.
Martin-

JKR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:57pm
Could that be a dapping rod John?
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 7:29am
JKR that is  how I intend to use it.

Weight maybe  the only issue .

I watched an elderly gentleman back in the mid sixties use a very long bamboo pole and fish the same way the only other person I have ever seen use that technique.

The pole was that long I thing he left it  hidden on the river bank.

Martin and Chris
A good result for the area. It will stop a lot of  boat visitors driving away in disgust and prevent a  fair amount of bogged vehicles.
As the lake is so low we now have just over 70 metres of useful ramp to use till we  move over to the main ramp.

Regards John

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 8:26am
Had a quick trip to Tantangara yesterday, left early but mate intended staying to fly fish.

Awaiting on a report to see how he went.

Boats being launched from edge of lake as still rising, nobody seemed to be having any trouble

Gates will open by next weekend provided snow is not forecast.
Did not see any fish being caught whilst there but in middle of day , bright did spook one trout walking around edges ,plenty of shallow water.
Grasses and bushes all on edge of lake.

Will be popular next weekend around 11/12 cars there this weekend that we could see.

Basic boat ramp / road under water limited parking facilities and you need to back, back around  three hundred yards to reach the water.

Road in rough just need to adjust travelling speed and then no problems

Regards John

Late Foot note

Portal Dropping according to photos on facebook

A facility I have no knowledge of, received a report from a mate in Tassie about 5 minutes ago.

Water well up in small valley where creek enters dam water level was previously level with telegraph pole a good indicator how much the water levels has risen

Prior to dam filling vehicles  were driving to island that was when around 20% now 51.6 %

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 6:54pm
Tantangara is looking great JohnThumbs Up

Cheers,
Mad Dog
Life is fishing!
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 8:40am

Can't wait John, You better not be sleeping in my old mateWinkLOL
I bet you, I will catch the first blind trout 45 cm longLOL
 If I lose give you some Tiger Balm for your leg cramps.LOL 

Cheers Dave
Life is fishing!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 8:46pm
Hope to check out Tantangara this week have a couple of visitors staying for a fortnight to do battle.
they both like to do Fly fishing more than spinning so the grassy  banks and rising water at Tantangara should be perfect..

Will provide some photos of water height. and perhaps the odd fish or two.

Regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 12:56pm
Adaminaby Fishing comp Tantangara  this weekend..

Will provide report Sunday evening

Road works finally commenced last Friday.

Regards John
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 5:27pm
good luck John

The Journey is the Reward

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 7:00pm
Knaek&Break John
Looking forward to the report
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 11:23pm
A very good roll up for our little club.

Fish only around the 40 cm mark that were caught,

Greened up and  Tantangara around 40 %.

Some large groups of tiny grass hoppers which should be ideal late January I came across

Road work commenced last Friday.

I put in the hard yards flyfishing till 10 .30pm  calm , still and warm,  one hit and a well conditioned brown handed to a visitor from Canberra to be smoked for  Christmas .

Regards John

eleven members camped I travelled daily.

Just had to keep an eye out for the wild life on the way home.

A selection of rabbits wild horse they had some wild dogs visit numerous kangaroos wombats
and the odd owl picked up in the lights leaving the trees  over hanging the road.

Dam wall I do not think I have previously featured it.

Water up to the tree/ bush line a lot of grass under water

We were on the other side of the point.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 9:17am
Start stocking up on grass hoppers flies now then John?
Martin-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 26272829>
  Share Topic